WRFL Division 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

In all fairness the last couple years has turned blokes off footy and maybe blokes thinking make the coin while they can. Don’t blame them one bit.
There will be money out there with most leagues going back to full Salary cap. Blokes have been chasing money prior to covid, if clubs continue to offer overs for players, the players will take it

Last edited:
Few Rumours are about now! Let me inform you all of what I’m hearing, some old news some new stuff.

1. Ex Female President came out a few weeks ago and said Titans are in the best shape they have been in years! Not sure how that can be when There Current President has pulled the Pin, Players are departing with the likes of Jubb to Parkside, Goal Sneak Ryan Potter to another div 3 side. Also 2months ago Tarneit announced Palmer had signed on for 2022 this is now not the Case, so the Club is after there 7th President and a New Senior Coach. If that’s the best shape then WOW!

2. Talks around the streets are Albanvale announcing players that won’t be playing in the blue and white in the coming season with the Likes of Brooks and Miller, Kym Taylor I’ve heard is on the move and we all know the Cameron brothers have gone to Rockbank with Greenwood to follow. More to come, digging deeper on this side lol. Cheque Book has definitely closed I believe.

3. Braybrook lost a few good players topping up with Rubbish IMO other than Ricky Howell, be interesting to see where they’ll be, come seasons start. We all know where they’ll think they’ll be so let’s not go there.

4. Sunny Heights, well where to begin, No Coach announced is a big concern, hearing Ahmedi is set to hang the boots, Roger is departing the club along with Stevie and Ricky has already left and a few others (confirm others later) very quite at the Dragons, digging deeper here to find out more.

5. North Sunshine not even going to bother

6. Laverton same as above

7. Suns, have lost a couple in Todd, Jordan and Cook. Have recruited an absolute Beast in Devan Ellis, Rumoured to have a few more on the Radar with the Likes of Brenden Wilson and Lucas Andrew. Digging more here to see who else they may be looking into.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Few Rumours are about now! Let me inform you all of what I’m hearing, some old news some new stuff.

1. Ex Female President came out a few weeks ago and said Titans are in the best shape they have been in years! Not sure how that can be when There Current President has pulled the Pin, Players are departing with the likes of Jubb to Parkside, Goal Sneak Ryan Potter to another div 3 side. Also 2months ago Tarneit announced Palmer had signed on for 2022 this is now not the Case, so the Club is after there 7th President and a New Senior Coach. If that’s the best shape then WOW!

2. Talks around the streets are Albanvale announcing players that won’t be playing in the blue and white in the coming season with the Likes of Brooks and Miller, Kym Taylor I’ve heard is on the move and we all know the Cameron brothers have gone to Rockbank with Greenwood to follow. More to come, digging deeper on this side lol. Cheque Book has definitely closed I believe.

3. Braybrook lost a few good players topping up with Rubbish IMO other than Ricky Howell, be interesting to see where they’ll be, come seasons start. We all know where they’ll think they’ll be so let’s not go there.

4. Sunny Heights, well where to begin, No Coach announced is a big concern, hearing Ahmedi is set to hang the boots, Roger is departing the club along with Stevie and Ricky has already left and a few others (confirm others later) very quite at the Dragons, digging deeper here to find out more.

7. Suns, have lost a couple in Todd, Jordy and Cook. Have recruited an absolute Beast in Devan Ellis, Rumoured to have a few more on the Radar with the Likes of Brenden Wilson and Lucas Andrew. Digging more here to see who else they may be looking into.

Hot of the press!!
Hopefully this stirs up a conversation in this graveyard

7. Suns, have lost a couple in Todd, Jordan and Cook. Have recruited an absolute Beast in Devan Ellis, Rumoured to have a few more on the Radar with the Likes of Brenden Wilson and Lucas Andrew. Digging more here to see who else they may be looking into.

"Braybrook topping up with rubbish imo"

From what I have seen of their announcements, only 4 "new" signings, 2 of which were in the team of the year and a decent ruckman in Mike from nth Sunshine, so I'd like to know what you have based your opinions on.

Tarneit are in their "best position so far" this time every year so I guess we will see how true that turns out to be in a few months.

Sounds like a few bug outs at cobraland. They have depth but will it be enough to fill those voids.

Nth Sunshine in good hands with Scimone taking the reigns. Let's see if he can somewhat turn them around and get them competitive.

"Braybrook topping up with rubbish imo"

From what I have seen of their announcements, only 4 "new" signings, 2 of which were in the team of the year and a decent ruckman in Mike from nth Sunshine, so I'd like to know what you have based your opinions on.

Tarneit are in their "best position so far" this time every year so I guess we will see how true that turns out to be in a few months.

Sounds like a few bug outs at cobraland. They have depth but will it be enough to fill those voids.

Nth Sunshine in good hands with Scimone taking the reigns. Let's see if he can somewhat turn them around and get them competitive.
You’re surely not taking the “token” Laverton need a play so name one for the bench as being a genuine team of the year pick right?

Tarneit have been going backwards since they made the GF a few years back, even that year the only reason they made the GF was due to Glenorden falling over. They have been getting worse every year since they played in the GF and spent more. They needed to correct this and did in 2021. If the coach is gone not ideal but a similar thing happened at the Suns in 2019 and it was the best thing to happen for the Suns as the current coach cared about the club, dug in and put them on the right path.

Last edited:

Definitely have spiced up a few things. Tarneit's coach confirmed to be leaving on socials hours after this post. Got some chatty people down at Tarneit.

Keep the digging going 😍

Definitely have spiced up a few things. Tarneit's coach confirmed to be leaving on socials hours after this post. Got some chatty people down at Tarneit.

Keep the digging going 😍
You seem to be in the know, what's the reason he's leaving, would have thought he could have told them.eariler and given the club time to find a replacement.

You seem to be in the know, what's the reason he's leaving, would have thought he could have told them.eariler and given the club time to find a replacement.
Not affiliated with them, probably should of written that comment abit better.
Not ideal timing for coaches to leave however. Hopefully every div 3 club is ready to go staff and coach wise before years end.

A question for discussion with no agenda.

Div 3 was set up to give struggling clubs the opportunity of success and to rebuild.

Parkside, Point Cook Centrals and Newport are now competitive div 2 clubs.

Next season div 3 will be a 7 team competition which in reality will be a contest between Braybrook, Wyndham Suns and Albanvale.

What is the Value of div 3 in a promotion relegation setting?

Would it not be better to have a 10 team div 2 and an option for promotion and relegation play off between div 2 wooden spooner and div 3 premier if the div 3 premiers wish to come up after div 2 is 10 teams and those div 3 who want to be in div 2 are there, therefire there is a play off?

Automatic promotion and relegation threw all grades works only if the lowest level still has some prestige. Does the current div 3 have that prestige or would it be better if div 3 becomes a genuine 3rd comp for the WRFL?

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back