WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now for a bit of banter to lighten to mood boys...

Maybe for the right price, me and the Laverton magpie might umpire the next Newport reserves game at Newport. Well only if they are not playing Laverton..Lol o_Oo_O:p:p
Let's start the bidding??

The problem with that is that any umpire abuse shouldn't be tolerated. These umpires don't go out of their way to make 'wrong' decisions and go out of their way to do something a lot of people wouldn't want to do. You'd think after the first couple 50's players would just shut their mouths knowing what would happen...
So you've been hearing racial abuse for years and think that is fine?

Not sure y ur pulling the race card out, everyone knows that racial abuse is defiantly off the table ....

I would sure hope umpires don't go out of their way to make 'wrong' decisions, but from the boundary line it honestly looked like some were very very wrong..... And pls don't sit there and claim u have never yelled out 'u white maggot' to an umpire, Coz that happens all day, every day, every week at every game, umpires are generally thick skinned.....

Anyway, what's happened has happened, I only posted Coz I seen 5 different stories on what happened and it didn't sound like any of those 5 ppl were there, the league will obviously hear both sides of the story and take any action if necessary

Not sure y ur pulling the race card out, everyone knows that racial abuse is defiantly off the table ....

I would sure hope umpires don't go out of their way to make 'wrong' decisions, but from the boundary line it honestly looked like some were very very wrong..... And pls don't sit there and claim u have never yelled out 'u white maggot' to an umpire, Coz that happens all day, every day, every week at every game, umpires are generally thick skinned.....

Anyway, what's happened has happened, I only posted Coz I seen 5 different stories on what happened and it didn't sound like any of those 5 ppl were there, the league will obviously hear both sides of the story and take any action if necessary
My bad I read your "white so and so" comment as a racial slur rather than a 'white maggot' kind of slur.

I've 100% never yelled out "you white maggot" but thats not to say I haven't heard it being yelled out by fellow supporters. It just seems redundant to yell it out because its going to have no positive affect on your team in fact it will more than likely be a negative affect as seen in this case. Don't get me wrong most umpires are thick skinned but they also have a tipping point and this may have been that umpires. Without them we don't have games going ahead sometimes you've just got to cop wrong decisions on the chin. I played in a game a few weeks ago where on two separate occasions a clear kick without any pressure on the kicker or marker was not blown as a mark and then the player got tackled and in one instance it was a ball up and the other they finally paid the mark after our player was tackled. Both absolutely terrible decisions that I don't know how someone could get wrong but you cop it on the chin and get on with it.

I know for a fact at least one of the posters on here was there along with me. Although I wasn't involved in the reserves match so I'm just going on what was said by players in that game.

My bad I read your "white so and so" comment as a racial slur rather than a 'white maggot' kind of slur.

I've 100% never yelled out "you white maggot" but thats not to say I haven't heard it being yelled out by fellow supporters. It just seems redundant to yell it out because its going to have no positive affect on your team in fact it will more than likely be a negative affect as seen in this case. Don't get me wrong most umpires are thick skinned but they also have a tipping point and this may have been that umpires. Without them we don't have games going ahead sometimes you've just got to cop wrong decisions on the chin. I played in a game a few weeks ago where on two separate occasions a clear kick without any pressure on the kicker or marker was not blown as a mark and then the player got tackled and in one instance it was a ball up and the other they finally paid the mark after our player was tackled. Both absolutely terrible decisions that I don't know how someone could get wrong but you cop it on the chin and get on with it.

I know for a fact at least one of the posters on here was there along with me. Although I wasn't involved in the reserves match so I'm just going on what was said by players in that game.

Guys, I think it's ok to yell out to an umpire, call him or her a white maggot (it refers to their uniform) and even question why free kicks aren't paid or are paid... It's a part of footy and it happens across all sports!! It creates atmosphere and a lot of the time it's just good fun.

There is a line though and it can't be crossed (don't make it personal and keep the curses on the low) but by the sounds of you blokes on here nothing can be said. Next you will be saying you can't yell out to opposition players!!

Whatever happened at new port happened, div 3 umpires aren't the best but that's why they are in div 3.. Same reasons why players play in div 3!!!

Who is going to win this week and who is going to win the flag?? I was thinking tarneit but after this week Newport have to be favourites now!!! Parkside are travelling under the radar too so it could be Parkside v Newport this finals series

Guys, I think it's ok to yell out to an umpire, call him or her a white maggot (it refers to their uniform) and even question why free kicks aren't paid or are paid... It's a part of footy and it happens across all sports!! It creates atmosphere and a lot of the time it's just good fun.

There is a line though and it can't be crossed (don't make it personal and keep the curses on the low) but by the sounds of you blokes on here nothing can be said. Next you will be saying you can't yell out to opposition players!!

Whatever happened at new port happened, div 3 umpires aren't the best but that's why they are in div 3.. Same reasons why players play in div 3!!!

Who is going to win this week and who is going to win the flag?? I was thinking tarneit but after this week Newport have to be favourites now!!! Parkside are travelling under the radar too so it could be Parkside v Newport this finals series

Very well said.....
I think you are right about Newport, not many people expected them to be going so well, and good on the blokes that went down to play for them that could easily get a game at a higher division , but in saying that, Parkside r going along nicely (and quietly) so who knows

What are peoples thoughts of rockbank rejoining the wrfl ?
Are seriously struggling in the rdfl , there last 3 games total losing points margin is nearly 700 points.
They have only kicked two goals in the last 3 games.
Perhaps a fresh start against some equal opposition may start to give some hope back into the place ?
Rockbank and maybe also Burnside Heights who are getting flogged each week in EDFL

Rockbank and maybe also Burnside Heights who are getting flogged each week in EDFL

It would be good to have them, both teams are in boom areas and have juniors I believe. Rockbank will have very strong juniors in 5-10 years with the development in the area. From a business point of view it's a no brainer..!

I think it would help even out the Comp too!

Now for a bit of banter to lighten to mood boys...

Maybe for the right price, me and the Laverton magpie might umpire the next Newport reserves game at Newport. Well only if they are not playing Laverton..Lol o_Oo_O:p:p
Let's start the bidding??
Name your price for the lavo game!!!

They have been a basket case for years and have appointed coaches with no idea in the past. Will likely fold in the next few years.

You seriously have no idea, listening to you rave on one would think you were the coach of the century at a powerhouse club but NO just a poor coach of a struggling club who has done nothing for the past 4 years but blame everyone else for the failure and take no responsibility yet you constantly go around potting other clubs/players of whom you know little about, not sure what great achievements in your life have led you to believe your better than everyone else.

So he's been pretty quite of late , but I wonder if northboys4eva will be playing in the legends match vs west Footscray on Sunday ?and Give us a jumper number to look out for ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some big games today in divvy 3... Seasons are seriously on the line! North Sunshine and Lavo play each other and the losers season is officially over!

Also I heard a few north sunshine boys have transferred to Lavo - interesting move! What's wrong down at the road runners, more clearances out of that club than Patrick Dangerfield!!! Do they have enough players to fill two sides??

Wyndham v Lakers is interesting too.. I reckon Wyndham can win that one! havent seen the teams but based on talent the Suns win...

Tips are:
Laverton by 10 goals over N.Sunshine
Braybrook by 2 points over Newport
Wyndham by 20 points over Lakers
Parkside by 40 points over Heights!

Sorry CANT see them leaving the EDFL..

Me neither - what's the advantage to them? Their juniors will eventually feed the seniors some quality too and they'll shoot up the ladder in the EDFL soon enough!

Would be good though - in fact it would be good to have all western suburbs teams in one comp! EDFL, WRFL, the Melton/Sunbury teams and other WRFL Junior teams that have seniors in different comps (Werribee centrals, point cook, PEGS).... It would be the best local league in Australia!!!

Some big games today in divvy 3... Seasons are seriously on the line! North Sunshine and Lavo play each other and the losers season is officially over!

Also I heard a few north sunshine boys have transferred to Lavo - interesting move! What's wrong down at the road runners, more clearances out of that club than Patrick Dangerfield!!! Do they have enough players to fill two sides??

Wyndham v Lakers is interesting too.. I reckon Wyndham can win that one! havent seen the teams but based on talent the Suns win...

Tips are:
Laverton by 10 goals over N.Sunshine
Braybrook by 2 points over Newport
Wyndham by 20 points over Lakers
Parkside by 40 points over Heights!
I think its more to do with what's wrong with the blokes that are leaving there. A couple of them have been at what, 4 clubs in 3 years now? Will probably leave Lavo at the end of the year for somewhere else too.

By a few, you mean one player ?

wats goin on with slakes ?
earlier in the year looked like a real contender..
dropped off bad now!
have people left or something? i know they had rich out on the weekend and i think he is good but if you look earlier in the year they smacked the suns by 6 goals and this time around they lose by 5 goals? maybe got some injuries?

dropped off bad now!
have people left or something? i know they had rich out on the weekend and i think he is good but if you look earlier in the year they smacked the suns by 6 goals and this time around they lose by 5 goals? maybe got some injuries?
Think the comp is just a lot more even than most other years and home ground advantage seems pretty big as well. Most teams can contend with eachother on any given day, which is much better than the competition we had last year in Div 3

Think the comp is just a lot more even than most other years and home ground advantage seems pretty big as well. Most teams can contend with eachother on any given day, which is much better than the competition we had last year in Div 3
dropped off bad now!
Not just them, North Sunshine beat Sunny heights Rd1 and belt Laverton Rd2 and have since been belted by both in consecutive weeks

A couple of big games this weekend
Newport against parkside
Youd say newport for the win here
Slakes against tarniet
Tarneit for me too
The other 2 game sare straight forward
Heights easy and suns comfortable
If tarniet win the suns are still a chance to make finals and they can do some damage if they get there
I think parkside for the flag though
Good even spread of good players across the ground

Give your money back to the club Williams big fish little pond see you at the seagulls having a punt you are know good at that either

Give your money back to the club Williams big fish little pond see you at the seagulls having a punt you are know good at that either
Oh the irony if you are from Parkside. A club that earned the right to play the top level of this league, only to beg for the lowest.

Oh the irony if you are from Parkside. A club that earned the right to play the top level of this league, only to beg for the lowest.
Don't follow either but think give it a few years an you guys will be back where use started dirty headhunters and out of cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back