• Alberto El Patron
  • Ryback
  • Ashley Massaro
  • “Superstar” Billy Graham
  • Vickie Guerrero
  • Flag of Hong Kong
  • Flag of Taiwan
  • Flag of Tibet

for people like me who only read the reviews, how is it showing signs of improvement?
3 positives
McIntyre is a face people can actually cheer, Randy a great heel.
The Hurt Business
Keith Lee vs Strowman vs Sheamus, with AJ Styles wanting to be raw team captain.

Everything else, don't really care.

3 positives
The Hurt Business
Keith Lee vs Strowman vs Sheamus, with AJ Styles wanting to be raw team captain.

The Bliss and Fiend angle is something I’m enjoying of late

Just a little pro tip for those who haven't yet discovered it, and who don't mind waiting - Kayo sports have started uploading Raw, SD and NXT about 36-48 hours after they're aired on Fox 8.

Why would anyone care? Because they cut they ads. The couple of times I've done it, it actually makes the show eminently more watchable (especially the sometimes epic-feeling Raw.) Not only because obviously the ads are cut, but cos the show flows better, and cos you get less time to start tuning out and doing other things.

Oh, the things I've learned over the last month while actually watching the show!

- While people will bash "rest hold Randy" and the Edge matches (and while I absolutely do not want to see Edge return and win the rumble), every single facet of Randy's work is the best it's ever been at the moment. Which is crazy - they have no crowds, he's old enough and rich enough that he could rest on his laurels, and he's at an age where he could probably command the Brock schedule. Instead he seems to have decided that he wants something to define his legacy, and he's realised that it could be the "dark" or "COVID" era.

- Roman Reigns is actually a hell of an actor when he's in his wheelhouse. You wouldn't ask Seth Rogan to play James Bond, and they never should've booked Roman as a face saying "suffering suckotash."

- Dominik Mysterio is not even close to ready to be in the ring. And while we should smile that our local Melbourne ledge Murphy is being trusted to guide him through passable matches, I'm not sure what happens to either of them next.

- It's a bummer that, for all the "women's revolution", Vince's fingerprints are still all over it. On in-ring talent and on promos, neither Dana Brooke, Mandy Rose or the other interchangeable blonde with Ruby Riotttttt have any business whatsoever being on this show. (And they are sending Toni Storm to NXT!)

- The Claymore has to be in the top 5 moves ever to depend entirely on how it's shot. When it's shot like it was on Brock before WM (when he took those 2 on the stage) it looked ******* brutal. When it was shot like it was last week at the end of Raw, it looks comical.

- While everyone has (rightly) turned their attention to Reigns/Uso... Bayley vs Sasha is the best thing going in WWE and it has been for year. *, if it weren't for a couple of mis-steps 3ish years ago, it might be WWE's very best rivalry over the last 5 years.

3 positives
The Hurt Business

McIntyre has been good and well received since he won the title at WM.

for people like me who only read the reviews, how is it showing signs of improvement?

Aside from the fact it’s far, far too long at 3 hours, and only a few weeks back it was very hard to watch, I felt the show this past week done an ok job of starting a story for the night and keeping it going throughout, to a sort of conclusion and interesting finish, won’t say cliffhanger but leaving you wanting more.

I also really like the fact that characters are crossing over into each other’s stories and that they are more intertwined. For a long time it was just a segment and then that was it for the night for the character. Last episode we seen McIntyre, Miz, Morrison, Orton, Wyatt, Bliss and Nikki Cross, even Sheamus sort of, all involved with one another but all having their own stories.

I think they’ve done a good job of placing everyone in the right role now. McIntyre would be over as hell with a crowd. Orton is at his career best currently as a heel. Wyatt and Alexa have been awesome together. The Hurt Business is one of the best things going, who 3 of the members were essentially charisma vacuums and are now actually interesting characters with MVP as their voice. And even Retribution, whilst for the most part are absolutely horrible, I’d rather watch Ali now as their leader than a bland and boring wrestler with no character.

That’s just RAW, which has been miles behind SmackDown, where in my opinion, the new Roman Reigns is must watch TV.

Banned logos and faces in the WWE Thunderdome:

• AEW
  • IMPACT Wrestling
  • New Japan Pro-Wrestling
  • Enzo Amore
  • Kenny Omega
  • Jon Moxley
  • MJF
  • Tony Khan
  • Cody Rhodes
  • Brandi Rhodes
  • Marty Scurll
  • The Young Bucks
  • Chris Benoit
  • CM Punk
  • Jim Cornette
  • Alberto El Patron
  • Ryback
  • Ashley Massaro
  • “Superstar” Billy Graham
  • Vickie Guerrero
  • Flag of Hong Kong
  • Flag of Taiwan
  • Flag of Tibet

Well that would explain this shirt... https://www.prowrestlingtees.com/wrestler-t-shirts/youngbucks/banned.html

Just a little pro tip for those who haven't yet discovered it, and who don't mind waiting - Kayo sports have started uploading Raw, SD and NXT about 36-48 hours after they're aired on Fox 8.

Why would anyone care? Because they cut they ads. The couple of times I've done it, it actually makes the show eminently more watchable (especially the sometimes epic-feeling Raw.) Not only because obviously the ads are cut, but cos the show flows better, and cos you get less time to start tuning out and doing other things.

Oh, the things I've learned over the last month while actually watching the show!

- While people will bash "rest hold Randy" and the Edge matches (and while I absolutely do not want to see Edge return and win the rumble), every single facet of Randy's work is the best it's ever been at the moment. Which is crazy - they have no crowds, he's old enough and rich enough that he could rest on his laurels, and he's at an age where he could probably command the Brock schedule. Instead he seems to have decided that he wants something to define his legacy, and he's realised that it could be the "dark" or "COVID" era.

- Roman Reigns is actually a hell of an actor when he's in his wheelhouse. You wouldn't ask Seth Rogan to play James Bond, and they never should've booked Roman as a face saying "suffering suckotash."

- Dominik Mysterio is not even close to ready to be in the ring. And while we should smile that our local Melbourne ledge Murphy is being trusted to guide him through passable matches, I'm not sure what happens to either of them next.

- It's a bummer that, for all the "women's revolution", Vince's fingerprints are still all over it. On in-ring talent and on promos, neither Dana Brooke, Mandy Rose or the other interchangeable blonde with Ruby Riotttttt have any business whatsoever being on this show. (And they are sending Toni Storm to NXT!)

- The Claymore has to be in the top 5 moves ever to depend entirely on how it's shot. When it's shot like it was on Brock before WM (when he took those 2 on the stage) it looked ******* brutal. When it was shot like it was last week at the end of Raw, it looks comical.

- While everyone has (rightly) turned their attention to Reigns/Uso... Bayley vs Sasha is the best thing going in WWE and it has been for year. fu**, if it weren't for a couple of mis-steps 3ish years ago, it might be WWE's very best rivalry over the last 5 years.
If you don't want to wait the extra day or two there's a site called watchprowrestling.com that uploads all shows on the day. Usually about an hr after the live broadcast finishes you get the full show uploaded. They also do a alot of the network shows, all PPV's, AEW, NJPW, ROH, Impact and also do UFC and Bellator if those things interest you. All free too which is always a positive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF!? They removed the Jaws intro tune from the start of Hurt Business entrance!
That was the best part - so cool and menacing!
Now it’s just nothing background music.

Either someone has meddled because this is wwe after all, or they got copyrighted for the jaws similarity

Feels like it might be to give Drew his final rematch, let Sheamus interfere, moving Drew on from Orton/the title

As long as they can keep McIntyres character and his story relatively hot moving forward, I’m happy with that.

Sure hope he gets another big title fued again later on and doesn’t slowly fade away from the main event scene though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back