List Mgmt. Best 22 - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree that my team is top heavy - just really like the look of Leslie and feel Day deserves a spot even if it upsets team balance.

Day's best spot is key defender but that is the only spots that Thompson and Leslie can play.

Like you said May playing 3rd tall defender is the difference between 2 of Day, Leslie and Thompson not getting a game and just 1 of them missing out. Maybe that allows for Bowes to come into the team given his versatility to play wing, forward or back.

Given our injury history we should just try and keep all of them. Unfortunately for Day he will forever be the player who will need to swing between forward and defence depending on which tall is injured at the time as he is the most versatile.

On 2016 form KK would be starting in the NEAFL in 2017 but you would have to think he would be getting back somewhere close to 2015 form assuming an uninterrupted pre-season.
I don't think Day is the most versatile, I would wager that May is a better forward than Day and Lynch is a better back than Day. It is more to the point that we would never move Lynch because he is too valuable forward, same goes for a few of them, they are more versatile than Day is.
I actually think Day is a much better Key back than Key forward and I would like to switch Day back and May forward. Now moving one of the best Key backs in the competition away from his favoured position is dangerous, but let's experiment with what's left of this season.

Day and Leslie back Lynch, May and Wright forward - give Thompson a spell.
After a month of seeing May forward it may be the case our team is best suited with him back, but why not have a look at it.

I don't think Day is the most versatile, I would wager that May is a better forward than Day and Lynch is a better back than Day. It is more to the point that we would never move Lynch because he is too valuable forward, same goes for a few of them, they are more versatile than Day is.
I actually think Day is a much better Key back than Key forward and I would like to switch Day back and May forward. Now moving one of the best Key backs in the competition away from his favoured position is dangerous, but let's experiment with what's left of this season.

After a month of seeing May forward it may be the case our team is best suited with him back, but why not have a look at it.
I'd like to see this :)
That 6'3" bull charging around up forward can cause a few headaches and worry a backline. I've wanted us to have a player in this mound since I saw a bloke called Michael Murphy terrorize the Aussie defense in an IR series a few years ago.

May was all Australian Full forward in his draft year :D

I think it's very interesting that Wright and Lynch both continuously praise Daysie for his impact in the forward line when it's something we don't really pay attention to when watching the game live or on TV. His leading patterns, his movements, acting as the big third forward, etc - it's all mentioned plenty of times and I'm still honestly baffled because Day's stats are never anything impressive. Yet everybody keeps talking about how great our three pronged forward line is.

I'm not saying I don't agree - because I honestly don't know, so I can't comment - but if that's the case, then signing Daysie up for another contract as a versatile swingman would be great. Forward, ruckman, backman all in one is a pretty great skillset.

I think it's very interesting that Wright and Lynch both continuously praise Daysie for his impact in the forward line when it's something we don't really pay attention to when watching the game live or on TV. His leading patterns, his movements, acting as the big third forward, etc - it's all mentioned plenty of times and I'm still honestly baffled because Day's stats are never anything impressive. Yet everybody keeps talking about how great our three pronged forward line is.

I'm not saying I don't agree - because I honestly don't know, so I can't comment - but if that's the case, then signing Daysie up for another contract as a versatile swingman would be great. Forward, ruckman, backman all in one is a pretty great skillset.
He's a great team mate, always puts the team first and always happy to play his role wherever that may be and he has just been rewarded with a new 3 year deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back