Damage control: Yet another St.Kilda scandal Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she has done a fair bit more than that. Tell me if you were in a serious relationship and a public figure and a 17 yo girl published nude photos that she said she had taken herself in a hotel room think about how much this could harm you relationship. Now if the photos were of no names like you and I off course they would be fairly innocent but she had an agenda to bring these guys down and all evidence at this stage appears as though it is built on a body of lies. Yes the girl may have good reason to be very upset with certain people but it seems that she is intent on bringing anyone within the afl down with them. Her biggest crime is that her INTENT is to destroy these people some of whom appear to be innocent and for mine Intent is pretty important when determining behavoirs.

I am a little tired of people using her age as an excuse. Its an insult to all other 17 year olds to suggest that her immaturity is the main reason for this. I have absolutely no doubt this girl knows exactly what she is doing.

I dont want her stone or have her hung drawn and quartered and yes I think her parents should be concerned and do all possible to help her. Who's to say they are not trying. Its pretty clear this girl has an issue with the truth so I would not take it as gospel that her parents have abandoned her.

All this does not mean she should not be punished. For mine if she comes out and destroys all the photos and any further publications and apologies id be happy to see her get a stern warning from then judge. But will I assume today be made very clear to her of the consquences of her action and if she conintues this malacious vendetta then she needs to expect what ever consquences come her way.

IMO a 17 year person should know better.[/QUOTE]

Have you met many 17yr old girls, who are backed into a corner, have no parental help ?

The way this is being played out will end badly for her and the afl.

Without responding to everyone individually I will say this again. We are talking about a child here who clearly has deep emotional issues at best. Not an adult but a child in every sense of the word. If the solution to the sort of issue we are seeing here is to throw them on the scrapheap and abandon them then as far as I'm concerned any notion that we are a civilised society goes straight out the window. Please come and talk to me if/when this young child does herself harm and we'll see how smug you are then. I'm not saying it will happen but that the approach some people would take would by necessity increase the likelihood by many times.

I think she has done a fair bit more than that. Tell me if you were in a serious relationship and a public figure and a 17 yo girl published nude photos that she said she had taken herself in a hotel room think about how much this could harm you relationship. Now if the photos were of no names like you and I off course they would be fairly innocent but she had an agenda to bring these guys down and all evidence at this stage appears as though it is built on a body of lies. Yes the girl may have good reason to be very upset with certain people but it seems that she is intent on bringing anyone within the afl down with them. Her biggest crime is that her INTENT is to destroy these people some of whom appear to be innocent and for mine Intent is pretty important when determining behavoirs.

I am a little tired of people using her age as an excuse. Its an insult to all other 17 year olds to suggest that her immaturity is the main reason for this. I have absolutely no doubt this girl knows exactly what she is doing.

I dont want her stone or have her hung drawn and quartered and yes I think her parents should be concerned and do all possible to help her. Who's to say they are not trying. Its pretty clear this girl has an issue with the truth so I would not take it as gospel that her parents have abandoned her.

All this does not mean she should not be punished. For mine if she comes out and destroys all the photos and any further publications and apologies id be happy to see her get a stern warning from then judge. But will I assume today be made very clear to her of the consquences of her action and if she conintues this malacious vendetta then she needs to expect what ever consquences come her way.

Have you met many 17yr old girls, who are backed into a corner, have no parental help ?

Firslty how do you know she is a 17 yo old girl that was backed into a corner with no parental help? If you have some facts give them to me. Dont assume because the girl has said her parents abandoned her that they have. Remember she has been caught out telling a lot of porkies this week.

And what has the AFL done wrong? Please explain to me what they have done wrong.

Half the problem I think with society these days is to many people want to play the blame game. We live in a world where if we stuff up its so easy to pass the responsilbity to someone else and therefore our kids are taught to not take responsilbity for ourselves. Lets just let every teenager off who has had a trouble past who commits a crime. Yep thats the answer.

Without responding to everyone individually I will say this again. We are talking about a child here who clearly has deep emotional issues at best. Not an adult but a child in every sense of the word. If the solution to the sort of issue we are seeing here is to throw them on the scrapheap and abandon them then as far as I'm concerned any notion that we are a civilised society goes straight out the window. Please come and talk to me if/when this young child does herself harm and we'll see how smug you are then. I'm not saying it will happen but that the approach some people would take would by necessity increase the likelihood by many times.
^^this

The impression is that she could have parental help. But she doesn't do the parental help thing. Thats probably for othe 17 YO's that arent so "smart".

The AFL isn't like any other employer though- Does your employer have provisions for dealing with groupies? I doubt it. Does your work send out handlers with you and your employees when you go out for drinks? I doubt it. Does your employer ask you to take random drug tests? Does it require you to surrender your ability to freely apply your trade to your work for them?

It's a completely different kettle of fish to most employers.

Yes your right but what I am saying is that from what I have seen the AFL has education for players and offers help for these kind of things. So I dont see what everyone is jumping on them.

The AFL no matter how much they try will never stop every single thing from going wrong. FFS the govenment is powerless to stop Sh!T from happening. Do people think the AFL have more influcence than the government. I have no seen a single decent argument or point where the AFL could have done anything differently to what they have done(without of course knowing all the facts) yet everyone is jumping on them.

She did have parental help. They advise her not to release the pictures.

She went against their advice and have since distanced themselves from her. I'm not saying that was the right thing to do, but she did what she did despite what others told her to.

It wasn't a mob mentally or dare from others only for her to cop all the blame.

Do you think she should escape any form of punishment if she keeps going and refuses to expect the courts decision and continues to set out to destroy reputations?

I dont for a second think she should be thrown in the scrap heap but you can actually be punished and helped at the same time. Letting people of scott free is not always the best way to help. m

Firslty how do you know she is a 17 yo old girl that was backed into a corner with no parental help? If you have some facts give them to me. Dont assume because the girl has said her parents abandoned her that they have. Remember she has been caught out telling a lot of porkies this week.

And what has the AFL done wrong? Please explain to me what they have done wrong.

Half the problem I think with society these days is to many people want to play the blame game. We live in a world where if we stuff up its so easy to pass the responsilbity to someone else and therefore our kids are taught to not take responsilbity for ourselves. Lets just let every teenager off who has had a trouble past who commits a crime. Yep thats the answer.

you feel she is in full control and actiig rationally then. She is backed into a corner, she has no parental help.

one of todays societies stigmas is being laid bare on this board. mental health problems.

She did have parental help. They advise her not to release the pictures.

She went against their advice and have since distanced themselves from her. I'm not saying that was the right thing to do, but she did what she did despite what others told her to.

It wasn't a mob mentally or dare from others only for her to cop all the blame.

I wonder who is paying for the Phone /Internet access etc. She's done modelling work so may well be paying her own way on some of this stuff.
I can see how it could make it hard for a parent when the child becomes financially independant.

Do you think she should escape any form of punishment if she keeps going and refuses to expect the courts decision and continues to set out to destroy reputations?

I dont for a second think she should be thrown in the scrap heap but you can actually be punished and helped at the same time. Letting people of scott free is not always the best way to help. m

she needs help right now. she can be punished, but not this heavy handed making her pay for 15 years rubbish.

imo she appears to have diminished capacity right now due to a mental health issue. treat that issue first.

no point anything else, as she may no be alive to fullfil peoples desire to be punished.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes your right but what I am saying is that from what I have seen the AFL has education for players and offers help for these kind of things. So I dont see what everyone is jumping on them.

The AFL no matter how much they try will never stop every single thing from going wrong. FFS the govenment is powerless to stop Sh!T from happening. Do people think the AFL have more influcence than the government. I have no seen a single decent argument or point where the AFL could have done anything differently to what they have done(without of course knowing all the facts) yet everyone is jumping on them.

Not being privy to the exact details it's a hard call to make, how could they have handled it better- to answer that you need to know how they handled it- however, the sheer fact that we have gotten to this situation reveals to me that the AFL have done a poor job.

you feel she is in full control and actiig rationally then. She is backed into a corner, she has no parental help.

one of todays societies stigmas is being laid bare on this board. mental health problems.

Please specify. You did not answer my questions? I believe you are assuming she has had no parental help and is backed into a corner. Unless of course you know more about what is happening than most of us. Remember she is the only one who has said her parents have abandoned her. Until I hear it from them I am not concinved.

I dont think she is acting rationally but I see people who are irrational every day but they dont set out to destroy people and seem to get enjoyment from it.

I know a fair bit about mental health issues so spare me the lecture. I have family members and friends who suffer from mental health issues and I suspect that most of us will experience depression at one stage or another. Its a real illness.

People behave in a way that works for them. With or without a mental illness people dont do things unless a need is being met. Even if at times they dont enjoy it. This girls appears to be having several needs met so unless something changes then she will probably keep doing it. That could be a consquence, wether is be a lawsuit, threat of jail time or a resolution between all parties but I dont think just sitting back an saying give her some help will be the answer.

If you know as much about mental health as you are making out you do you would be aware that its a bit like and addiction. Unless you are prepared to except help it rarely works.

It doesnt matter if they are financially independent or not. Some kids her age just do what they want. You would be surprised how little say the parents have.
That's reflective of todays society and the current generation. Too many times I've seen/heard issues come up with a trouble child and the parents are blaming the government or some other institute.

Obesity, how should we fix that? Not exercise them, reduce their sugar intake. That should stop that.

Anyway, point is, the parents aren't even trying to control their child and instead offloading the problem to someone else.

she needs help right now. she can be punished, but not this heavy handed making her pay for 15 years rubbish.

imo she appears to have diminished capacity right now due to a mental health issue. treat that issue first.

no point anything else, as she may no be alive to fullfil peoples desire to be punished.
Since when has revenge been a mental health issue? It's not like it was a spur of the moment decision affected by some mental imbalance. This was a considered and premeditated act that she has continued to run with.

She is doing some "crazy" things, but she is hardly insane, even a little.

Not being privy to the exact details it's a hard call to make, how could they have handled it better- to answer that you need to know how they handled it- however, the sheer fact that we have gotten to this situation reveals to me that the AFL have done a poor job.

I think that is being extremely critical of the AFL and I suspect you are somewhat of an idealist.

What if she asked to be paid off? should they have done that.

What if she asked for sanctions against the player when he has broken no law(according to facts that we know of) should they have done that.

No one at the afl took the photos

No one at the afl kept the photos on a computer and knew they are on there.

No one at the afl stole the photos.

The AFL did according to themselves offer the girl councelling up to 20 times. Now thats about every 2 weeks since the original incident happened.

I might be wrong, but I thought St Kilda were going to seek damages, if, she makes any money from selling the pics?
Not just from the selling pics, but any other money she makes due to these events. Eg. Book deal, magazine shoots with Zoo or something.

''In the event that she tries to make money out of this, the misery she has caused to these four undeserving players, then we'll be looking for that money.'' He said an order for damages could be valid for 15 years.

this girl is really stupid. her words were "i'm not looking for money but a deal will be good". i am sick of people saying, i am not looking for money after getting a nice deal. she is making up bull s**t as she goes and it's unlikely she will have4 any photos.

7 seems too be the only tv station that break a court law to get a scoop these days. so they will interview her for sure

Don't misunderstand me, it's not about "whether" but "how". IMO the risks to the wellbeing of this child by dragging her through court like this far outweigh the benefits as a "lesson". Like I said, I have no panacea but I am seriously concerned for this girl given the lack of parental support she enjoys.

That's reflective of todays society and the current generation. Too many times I've seen/heard issues come up with a trouble child and the parents are blaming the government or some other institute.

Obesity, how should we fix that? Not exercise them, reduce their sugar intake. That should stop that.

Anyway, point is, the parents aren't even trying to control their child and instead offloading the problem to someone else.

We don't know what the parents are doing. As an example, when I was 16 (30 years ago:eek:) I had a job in a bank and lived in a flat with a mate the same age. I had my own income and lived my own life. My parents, who did everything they could for me, had no control over what I did.

16/17 year olds can get up and walk out of the parents house any time they like. Some do, some don't. Either way it is not always a reflection on the parents. Parents can try everything in their power but some kids are just rebellious and want out.

Point is, there is no exact script that takes place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back