Traded Tom Mitchell [traded to Hawthorn with pick 57 for pick 14 & 52]

Who won this trade?

• Sydney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Do Hawthorn supporters really think Litherland and pick 20 is worth Mitchell? Give me a spell...

Its not about what he's "worth". Its what will sydney accept/will another club that tich happy to go to offer a better trade. 20+lith wont cut it (obviously) but if we can get 15+lith it would be getting closer. Carlton arent trading pick 5. Is there any other club hes been linked to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its not about what he's "worth". Its what will sydney accept/will another club that tich happy to go to offer a better trade. 20+lith wont cut it (obviously) but if we can get 15+lith it would be getting closer. Carlton arent trading pick 5. Is there any other club hes been linked to?

There is a 0% chance of us wanting or needing litherland. Just because he is tradable by hawks fans, doesnt mean a club like Sydney would want him.

We would honestly laugh at that deal and walk away.

No thank you.

There is a 0% chance of us wanting or needing litherland. Just because he is tradable by hawks fans, doesnt mean a club like Sydney would want him.

We would honestly laugh at that deal and walk away.

No thank you.

You arent walking away from anything until titch re-signs with you. If dont want litherland take ur pick of any other fringe player. Willsmore can kick if thats what your desperate for or we can put up a 2nd rounder/get a 3rd club involved

You arent walking away from anything until titch re-signs with you.

We are actually very fair traders, if you look at our trading history. Ironically the only time we have walked away from a deal was o'keefe to the Hawks because we did not think you offered fair value. So that is proof we will walk away and end trade week before a player re-signs with us. I think the team with the PSD pick would have been in his ear to no end however after trade week, he signed a new contract.

However as we are fair traders, we would try and work with the nominated club but they in turn would have to come to the party. If you offered something like the litherland trade, I would be happy to walk away, try and get him to commit and I would be happy if he left for Essendon for free in the PSD.

If dont want litherland take ur pick of any other fringe player.

Personally I dont think any of your fringe players would interest us. Internally we have a couple of rookies that we would be looking to upgrade Newman & Papley and due to our salary cap issues, we would most likely prefer to draft a player (pay the base wage) then trade in a fringe player and pay a higher contract. I would assume that if Mitchell didn't re-sign, we would use that cash to secure our youngsters and/or re-negotiate player contracts to have money freed up for future seasons.

I really dont think we will bring on anyone that would take salary cap space from us unless they were guaranteed best 22 that would help the push for a premiership which you would not be willing to trade and/or I dont think will happen.

we can put up a 2nd rounder/get a 3rd club involved

This. You would need to get another club involved.

Personally I rate Mitchell higher then Prestia, and would have Mitchell as a higher trade value then O'Meara due to O'Meara's injuries (A fully fit playing O'Meara would be worth a hell of a lot more).

Gunston the only player with currency? Oh dear

This comment is a joke right...
Your best and most important players are all early to mid 30 year old players - given their age, they don't hold currency to the Swans. This has meant your youth hasent had a chance to make an impact and show their worth, let alone get any games for a side hard to break into...

So yes, aside from Gunston, nobody has currency, at least to lure a Tom Mitchell.

Your best and most important players are all early to mid 30 year old players - given their age, they don't hold currency to the Swans. This has meant your youth hasent had a chance to make an impact and show their worth, let alone get any games for a side hard to break into...

So yes, aside from Gunston, nobody has currency, at least to lure a Tom Mitchell.
Hahahahahha

Rioli, Frawley, Smith, Breust, Stratton all fit the most important players tag. They've all got plenty of footy left in them and plenty of "currency".

McRobie forgot one very important point. I floated this in response to his post that Breust was only worth a late first rounder. Convenient that he forgot to mention that.
You could be right, after all Franklin was only worth pick 19!

Rioli, Frawley, Smith, Breust, Stratton all fit the most important players tag. They've all got plenty of footy left in them and plenty of "currency".
And none of those players is one that Hawthorn would be prepared to trade out.

Who do you have that the Hawks would be prepared to part with and who has reasonable trade currency? (That's to get either O'Meara or Mitchell or any other target who would fit into your best 22.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do you have that the Hawks would be prepared to part with and who has reasonable trade currency? (That's to get either O'Meara or Mitchell or any other target who would fit into your best 22.)

Big boy schoey sic hill whitex

That's not the point. I was responding to a claim that Hawthorn didn't have players with the required "currency" which is flat-out wrong. And you're right, none of these players would be traded nor would I want any of them to be if it meant securing either one of Mitchell or O'Meara.

Im not sure what your point is. Gc would chomp at the bit for any of those players which was the point i was responding to

You can`t package together shite to get o`meara.

Isn`t whitex an unrestricted free agent as well? Haha, Why would GC trade for him?

5 for Mitchell and 14-18 with some tinkering?

Why do AFL fans think they should get what a player is " worth" when they are out of contract and want to leave ? Thats what I still can't work out.

Why do AFL fans think that when a player is out of contract they can offer lower picks and fringe players for best 22 when the player has yet to decide on their future or nominate a club.

Especially when said player would make best 22 at all other clubs thus mitigating the "out of contract line".

That's what i still can't work out.

From what I've seen of Mitchell and read of his stats he is an elite extractor/tackler, the thing that every flag contender needs. Given the number of busts and failure to live up to U18 promise even with top 10 picks, a young guy like Mitchell must be worth 5-8 range.

O'Meara is a class above most mids IF he gets his knee/s right. Again worth 5-8 as a minimum.

Now Sydney won't be taking steak knife deals given how strong their best 22 is and the quality in their NEAFL side that can't force their way in. They just don't need depth players, they want best 22 replacements. If a player is fringe at Hawthorn, he will definitely be fringe at the Swans.

Gold Coast however would be partial to a steak knife deal, particularly for midfielders.

Both Mitchell and O'Meara will require a high draft pick as a minimum. That being the case I don't see how Hawthorn can get a deal done for either player as their first pick will be in the 15-18 range.

As always on BF, many posters seem to think parcelling up a few fringe players equates to a high pick - it doesn't!

From what I've seen of Mitchell and read of his stats he is an elite extractor/tackler, the thing that every flag contender needs. Given the number of busts and failure to live up to U18 promise even with top 10 picks, a young guy like Mitchell must be worth 5-8 range.

O'Meara is a class above most mids IF he gets his knee/s right. Again worth 5-8 as a minimum.

Now Sydney won't be taking steak knife deals given how strong their best 22 is and the quality in their NEAFL side that can't force their way in. They just don't need depth players, they want best 22 replacements. If a player is fringe at Hawthorn, he will definitely be fringe at the Swans.

Gold Coast however would be partial to a steak knife deal, particularly for midfielders.

Both Mitchell and O'Meara will require a high draft pick as a minimum. That being the case I don't see how Hawthorn can get a deal done for either player as their first pick will be in the 15-18 range.

As always on BF, many posters seem to think parcelling up a few fringe players equates to a high pick - it doesn't!

Perfect sumation of the situation.

Nah that only works for the swans when it comes to securing academy products, give up two picks in the 30s and get Pick 3.

Back