Rumour Turmoil at Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate,since the story broke we have seen SOS change tact on the GWS by taking Palmer to lesson the price and only took two others when he wanted four and possibly five. Now we have this story but Carlton fans will just say every source is wrong in their desperate attempt to protect SOS.
Surely your starting to think it's true or at least it has some merits.
Don't you also think if Bolton was respected he would be offered a proper coaching contract like every other league coach? Wouldn't it make sense that Bolton would begin to become frustrated with not having a contract still but on top of that have no say in recruiting and when he talks to his bosses is having Gleeson run off to tell Silvagni confidential and sensitive information. It's not so much about loving SOS but just stopping to think how would Bolton be reacting to all this.
:rolleyes:

Other seven rejects? Plowman, Sumner and Philips played this year whenever they were fit, Bolton is clearly a fan. And Bolton spoke frankly in press conferences about how rooted the midfield is after Cripps and Gibbs. Dig up, stupid.
If Boltons such a fan why is there a fued?

Don't you also think if Bolton was respected he would be offered a proper coaching contract like every other league coach? Wouldn't it make sense that Bolton would begin to become frustrated with not having a contract still but on top of that have no say in recruiting and when he talks to his bosses is having Gleeson run off to tell Silvagni confidential and sensitive information. It's not so much about loving SOS but just stopping to think how would Bolton be reacting to all this.
You do know it was Bolton's idea to not sign a normal coaches contact and to be a salaried employee and be treated like every other employee (outside of the players). This comes with his 'whole of club' motto that he has introduced.

But I guess you 'sources' didn't tell you about that.

Mate,since the story broke we have seen SOS change tact on the GWS by taking Palmer to lesson the price and only took two others when he wanted four and possibly five. Now we have this story but Carlton fans will just say every source is wrong in their desperate attempt to protect SOS.
Surely your starting to think it's true or at least it has some merits.
i think that just proves how much you dont know..

Well that's interesting. The rumour is definitely correct and over the season it will only become more and more evident. I can't totally understand why the Carlton supporters are getting so cranky and surprised when their club has such a rich history of Board members and ex players destroying their club.
Carlton supporters are like all other supporters, some will defend at all costs any perceived attack on their club no matter what evidence is offered up. Cognitive dissonance is alive and well in football forums.

Wow, what a turgid pile of crap these rumours are. Not a lick of substance to any of them. If I was paranoid I would be wondering if this is an organised bit of mischief making.

Silvagni and Bolton work closely together. Bolton has been full of praise for Gibbs so aside from him wanting to leave during the trade period has not indicated he doesn't think he is worth keeping.

Bolton is on record discussing how we need to fill in our positional depth, and our age profile in the early 20s. This is what the GWS trades have been achieving.

Bolton has an open ended contract that protects him every bit as much as Carlton and instead of being the only factor in our success, he is on staff and just one of the responsible parties. Share the blame, share the spoils.

Carlton supporters are like all other supporters, some will defend at all costs any perceived attack on their club no matter what evidence is offered up. Cognitive dissonance is alive and well in football forums.

What evidence?

Wow, what a turgid pile of crap these rumours are. Not a lick of substance to any of them. If I was paranoid I would be wondering if this is an organised bit of mischief making.

Silvagni and Bolton work closely together. Bolton has been full of praise for Gibbs so aside from him wanting to leave during the trade period has not indicated he doesn't think he is worth keeping.

Bolton is on record discussing how we need to fill in our positional depth, and our age profile in the early 20s. This is what the GWS trades have been achieving.

Bolton has an open ended contract that protects him every bit as much as Carlton and instead of being the only factor in our success, he is on staff and just one of the responsible parties. Share the blame, share the spoils.
Lol. My case in point!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The evidence of rumours.

Rumours are not evidence. This thread is not evidence. An amateur sporting news page with a poorly written article is not evidence.

Do you believe that Carlton fans suffer from cognitive dissonance because they don't readily buy into a rumour?

We know Bolton and Silvagni had a great relationship when he first came to the club, sat down and went over the list, pressed the reset button and planned to pick up talls at the 2015 draft. We know that SOS was raving about how good Bolton was in March this year. How? Quotes from the two in established media articles.

Suddenly we are supposed to believe that SOS has stopped talking to Bolts about the list and doing his own thing, despite willingly being happy to do so before Bolton had coached a single game at Carlton.

Rumours are not evidence. This thread is not evidence. An amateur sporting news page with a poorly written article is not evidence.

Do you believe that Carlton fans suffer from cognitive dissonance because they don't readily buy into a rumour?

We know Bolton and Silvagni had a great relationship when he first came to the club, sat down and went over the list, pressed the reset button and planned to pick up talls at the 2015 draft. We know that SOS was raving about how good Bolton was in March this year. How? Quotes from the two in established media articles.

Suddenly we are supposed to believe that SOS has stopped talking to Bolts about the list and doing his own thing, despite willingly being happy to do so before Bolton had coached a single game at Carlton.
I said evidence of the rumour. The rumour that this thread was based on. I provided a link the other night that proved that the rumour wasn't just confined to BF. Whether it's true or not, I don't care. But obviously the rumour is out there.

Geez....sensitive much!!!

Your over sensitivity just backs my claims!

Totally agree,the season is along way off and the rumours are getting louder but tha Carlton fans don't want to listen. It's also clear to see Silvagni has eased back slightly on his strategies so why is this and why wouldn't people at least consider a team of Silvagni and McKay with Gleeson in the background wouldn't bump heads with a new coach who's being compromised in his role. The smoke is getting thicker so there is obviously a fire somewhere.

Totally agree,the season is along way off and the rumours are getting louder but tha Carlton fans don't want to listen. It's also clear to see Silvagni has eased back slightly on his strategies so why is this and why wouldn't people at least consider a team of Silvagni and McKay with Gleeson in the background wouldn't bump heads with a new coach who's being compromised in his role. The smoke is getting thicker so there is obviously a fire somewhere.
I don't know if the rumour is true or not. I just love the defensive natures of people when a rumour comes out. It's like it's a mortal wound no matter the truth. And yet the easily offended will still get up tomorrow and go to work, truth or not. Hilarious

I said evidence of the rumour. The rumour that this thread was based on. I provided a link the other night that proved that the rumour wasn't just confined to BF. Whether it's true or not, I don't care. But obviously the rumour is out there.

Geez....sensitive much!!!

Your over sensitivity just backs my claims!

Most of those pages get their rumours from BigFooty.

You said:

Evidence that a rumour exists is ridiculous considering that we are in a thread debating the rumour. You claim that we will defend at all costs no matter what evidence is offered up is out of place, because no evidence has been offered up to validate the rumour.

You are in fact having a shot at supporters for debating the rumour instead of just letting it gather a head of steam.

Most of those pages get their rumours from BigFooty.

You said:

Evidence that a rumour exists is ridiculous considering that we are in a thread debating the rumour. You claim that we will defend at all costs no matter what evidence is offered up is out of place, because no evidence has been offered up to validate the rumour.

You are in fact having a shot at supporters for debating the rumour instead of just letting it gather a head of steam.
I just provided the link knowing this thread existed. If you read back to the start of the thread I debated the right of the OP to post the rumour as some precious flogs said it should be deleted. I said if it's a rumour, it warrants a thread. And even a month or so on, some are still fighting like hell to deny the rumour.

Is it true? Don't know

Is there a rumour? Yes

Deal with it.

There is bugger all smoke, just the same people repeating themselves and talking about changing strategies. I really don't want to waste time on this waffle but can easily speculate about trades and non trades and draw a conclusion opposite to yours.

So Silvagni didn't pick up as many GWS players this year. Why? Well, he has a relationship with some of the players still, thus Marchbank and Pickett nominating us. However the list manager is new and has a Richmond alignment. We have been speculating all year that the relationship will have changed and we won't have the inside running. This was evident when GWS were seeking higher prices for the players we wanted compared to others. That in itself will bring about a change in strategy.

Having said that, Silvagni wasn't the one speculating about Stewart or Barrett or Steele or Kennedy or Corr, supporters were. The club kept its cards close to its chest. It had 2 players nominate us alone and we got both of them.

We have 4 main planks to our list management strategy:

1. Maintain a solid senior core
2. Add positional depth in our under 23 profile
3. Go to draft
4. Remove any impediments to team culture

However we do recognise areas we struggle. We lost all of our small forwards so got in cheap options like Sumner, Lamb, Wright and Kerridge.

Our midfield is shallow and we don't know if Gibbs will try to leave again next year, so we will look to the draft and we got in another experience mid to help with clearances in Palmer.

These cheap little excursions outside our main strategy do not suggest disagreement in the ranks or pressure put on from somewhere. Wright was outside our main planks last year as well.

You have to be flexible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back