Australia vs Sri Lanka T20 Game 2: Sun 19 Feb at 7.20pm at Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Regardless you should win if the other team is 5/50 odd chasing 170ish in a T20. So questions will be asked of Finch, Tye and Henriques and I guess Langer.

Langer especially...

I have a great idea how about we don't drop our best bowler after taking 2/20 off 4 overs the match before! Glad the gnome is being shown up. Hope he never coaches our test side, he's rubbish.

Most coaches could do well with the Scorchers' squad he's had!

Glad the gnome is being shown up. Hope he never coaches our test side, he's rubbish.
Didn't you blame Finch for dropping Zampa. I've got a hint for you as well. I strongly doubt JL would have been the sole person to make the call on tonight's side.

Didn't you blame Finch for dropping Zampa. I've got a hint for you as well. I strongly doubt JL would have been the sole person to make the call on tonight's side.

Both would have had a say in it...

Both should have been man enough to say "NO...we are not dropping our best spinner". If Richardson comes in it should have been for Tye who was dreadful again.

Put Matthews, Chandimal, Herath, Silva, de Silva etc in Sri Lanka's and maybe they don't either. Ifs and buts

I'd say this would be something approximating their best T20I squad at the moment, with everyone fit and available:

Niroshan Dickwella
Upul Tharanga
Angelo Mathews (C)
Dinesh Chandimal (+)
Asela Gunaratne
Chamara Kapugedera
Thisara Perera
Dhananjaya de Silva
Nuwan Kulasekara
Lasith Malinga
Lakshan Sandakan

Sandun Weerakkody
Milinda Siriwardana
Dasun Shanaka
Binura Fernando

Herath doesn't play T20s. All the other guys are batsman too, I don't think that is the issue for us, it's clearly our bowling attack.

Right at this very moment, Starc and Hazlewood aren't playing T20s either.
The point is, for one reason or another the best possible eligible players for both nations - ether due to other commitments or a decision not to play T20I cricket, were in many cases not there. Both countries in different circumstances could have fielded much better sides.

TYE
gee you GUYS are hard markers ,when that only TYE 5th T20, he did take ,3 wkts (none for cummins and Moises )
Cummins had 17 taking from his 1st over. Moises had 22 taken from the 19 th over , which because of him ,saw a big momentum swing for Sri Lanka .
Overrated NSW players as Bill would say
Congrats to Sri Lanka gee they played great cricket ( beat souh africa recently)

I thought the choice of what ball to bowl and the field settings for that ball were pretty poor.

Not just Tye,
Not just this game.

I thought for the last couple overs they set fields for each individual ball. Didn't seem to do that tonight.

This is why t20 will always be for the lols and not a serious competition, you don't recover from 5/50 and win any real cricket game but in this stuff all it takes is for 1 guy to get lucky.

You clearly haven't watched very much cricket.

Early contender for stupidest comment of the year.

Langer especially...

I have a great idea how about we don't drop our best bowler after taking 2/20 off 4 overs the match before! Glad the gnome is being shown up. Hope he never coaches our test side, he's rubbish.

Most coaches could do well with the Scorchers' squad he's had!
i hope you're never an Aus selector. * our side would be haphazardly put together.

I blame Trump. Somehow this was his fault.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given how little the selectors give a s**t about winning the series (as proven by the scheduling) why are people surprised they're rotating bowlers so pretty much everyone gets a game?

Since when do the selectors arrange the scheduling?

Last edited:
That was the coldest game of cricket I've ever been to by a country mile.
It was freezing cold.

The powers that be have a lot of work to do if they ever want to get a BBL franchise.
The sound system was so inaudible they needn't have bothered speaking.
The new stand looks good, and that should sort out some of the visual / scoreboard issues the ground also has.

I think I've concluded that I just don't care enough about T20 cricket to go to a game. I enjoy watching it on TV where I can also be doing other things, but that's about the extent of it. One other thing that was a slight irritation, the SL "fans" and their trumpets. These guys weren't even watching the game, 2-3hrs of constant noise in front of you is a bit much. Sit down for 10 minutes and appreciate what's happening on the ground please?

That was the coldest game of cricket I've ever been to by a country mile.
It was freezing cold.

The powers that be have a lot of work to do if they ever want to get a BBL franchise.
The sound system was so inaudible they needn't have bothered speaking.
The new stand looks good, and that should sort out some of the visual / scoreboard issues the ground also has.

I think I've concluded that I just don't care enough about T20 cricket to go to a game. I enjoy watching it on TV where I can also be doing other things, but that's about the extent of it. One other thing that was a slight irritation, the SL "fans" and their trumpets. These guys weren't even watching the game, 2-3hrs of constant noise in front of you is a bit much. Sit down for 10 minutes and appreciate what's happening on the ground please?
It was all the fake chants and noise pumped out via the pa between balls that done me in when I went to my first T20 in years before Christmas. I would have liked 10 minutes to appreciate the game and let the crowd build it's own atmosphere and energy. Only once did the crowd achieve some natural energy and sadly it was interrupted by more fake crap that sucked the life out of the G within seconds like a giant black hole.

If Geelong could send their inaudible sound system to the MCG I might go to another T20 otherwise it will be TV only for me.

It was all the fake chants and noise pumped out via the pa between balls that done me in when I went to my first T20 in years before Christmas. I would have liked 10 minutes to appreciate the game and let the crowd build it's own atmosphere and energy. Only once did the crowd achieve some natural energy and sadly it was interrupted by more fake crap that sucked the life out of the G within seconds like a giant black hole.

If Geelong could send their inaudible sound system to the MCG I might go to another T20 otherwise it will be TV only for me.

Even when watching T20 on TV, I get tired of the "cooooeeee" and "heeeeeyy-oooo" and often end up pressing the mute button.

Even when watching T20 on TV, I get tired of the "cooooeeee" and "heeeeeyy-oooo" and often end up pressing the mute button.
Good point the shut up Bruce McAvaney button is useful outside of the footy season too.

I made an almost fatal mistake when I booked my ticket a few weeks ago by gambling that the uncovered Gary Ablett stand wouldn't be an issue in Summer. Rocked up in pissing rain an hour and a half before the game, and called myself all sorts of things for doing something so silly. Although the rain stopped, it was cold (even though I had two layers of clothes on), wet (damp) and I cannot imagine how anyone can sit in that stand in the middle of winter.

The ground did produce a cracking sunset though.
2017-02-19 20.16.31.jpg

This is why t20 will always be for the lols and not a serious competition, you don't recover from 5/50 and win any real cricket game but in this stuff all it takes is for 1 guy to get lucky.

i dunno but no one should recover from 8/107 in odis and go on to chase 240.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back