VFL Practice Match #3 - Richmond vs Collingwood at Punt Road Oval (Pies lost 66-130)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Tigers...

B: Broad, Garthwaite, Batchelor
HB: Hunt, McIntosh, Markov
C: Drummond, Miles, C. Ellis
HF: Bolton, Lloyd, S. Morris
F: Elton, Chol, Stengle
R: Maric, Townsend, Menadue
I/C: Soldo, Darley, Beasley, Ballard, Wood, Aarts, Silvestro, Coffield, Harnett

Strong looking side.

Or, in numerical order...

11. Jake Batchelor
20. Ivan Maric
21. Jacob Townsend
26. Anthony Miles
27. Sam Lloyd
28. Taylor Hunt
29. Shai Bolton
31. Oleg Markov
32. Corey Ellis
33. Kamdyn McIntosh
35. Nathan Broad
37. Connor Menadue
38. Steven Morris
39. Nathan Drummond
41. Mabior Chol
42. Ryan Garthwaite
43. Todd Elton
44. Tyson Stengle
47. Ivan Soldo
51. Sam Darley
53. Hugh Beasley
54. Jacob Ballard
57. Brandon Wood
58. Jake Aarts
64. Thomas Silvestro
76. Alex Harnett
78. Daniel Coffield

Last edited:
The Tigers...

B: Broad, Garthwaite, Batchelor

Strong looking side.
That's a VFL premiership contending side I reckon, but shows just how much VFL level talent the Tigers have on their AFL list, which isn't ideal at all for their AFL aspirations.

Likely to be pissing down during this game, so if you're going, enter at the top of the ground (not the station end) and grab a seat undercover in the grandstand. Can't access the grandstand from the station side entry gate.

It's disappointing that Brown is out for whatever reason. Perhaps he and Mackie are simply being rested? Still a reasonable looking side, but the Richmond team does indeed look very strong, with 19 AFL list players named (compared to our 13). We've actually got 10 AFL list players unavailable (out of 45), while the Tigers are missing just 3 of their 45 (as well as Yarran, who has retired). Maybe it is a good thing the season hasn't started yet, as this looks like another difficult assignment!

It all sort of just flows into one fluid thing for me...

Admitting you've got a drinking problem is the first step in recovery.... well that's what I've heard anyway.

That's a VFL premiership contending side I reckon, but shows just how much VFL level talent the Tigers have on their AFL list, which isn't ideal at all for their AFL aspirations.

Likely to be pissing down during this game, so if you're going, enter at the top of the ground (not the station end) and grab a seat undercover in the grandstand. Can't access the grandstand from the station side entry gate.
Not really. Bolded in red are our AFL-listed players

B:
Broad, Garthwaite, Batchelor

We currently have 2 players on our injury list (Morris is coming back from an ACL though), as such we have room to play as many AFL players as we can to get them any kind of match fitness we can in order to push for selection.

Of those players in red, the following have played less than 50 AFL games
Broad
Garthwaite
McIntosh
Markov
Drummond
C. Ellis
Bolton
Elton
Chol
Stengle
Menadue
Soldo

all of those players are 22 or under and realistically are pushing for senior selection

Admitting you've got a drinking problem is the first step in recovery.... well that's what I've heard anyway.

BkLT3qu.gif

I have no idea what you're talking about...

B:
Broad, Garthwaite, Batchelor
HB:
Hunt, McIntosh, Markov
HF:
Bolton, Lloyd, S. Morris
F:
Elton, Chol, Stengle
R:
Maric, Townsend, Menadue
I/C:
Soldo, Darley, Beasley, Ballard, Wood, Aarts, Silvestro, Coffield, Harnett

We currently have 2 players on our injury list (Morris is coming back from an ACL though), as such we have room to play as many AFL players as we can to get them any kind of match fitness we can in order to push for selection.

Of those players in red, the following have played less than 50 AFL games
Broad
Garthwaite
McIntosh
Markov
Drummond
C. Ellis
Bolton
Elton
Chol
Stengle
Menadue
Soldo

all of those players are 22 or under and realistically are pushing for senior selection

Typical Tigas supporter, just completely missed the slap that was doled out.

Hopefully will hit Melbourne early enough to catch a bit of this game. Quite a few players I'm keen to watch 1st hand.

We currently have 2 players on our injury list
(Morris is coming back from an ACL though), as such we have room to play as many AFL players as we can to get them any kind of match fitness we can in order to push for selection.
Graham and Hampson for sure, Moore isn't playing either so I presume he's injured? It's a very small injury list whether it's 2 or 3 names!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Graham and Hampson for sure, Moore isn't playing either so I presume he's injured? It's a very small injury list whether it's 2 or 3 names!
yep those are the 2, totally forgot about C.Moore, there's been no rumours as to him being injured or anything so i'm not sure why he won't be out there

I don't know much if anything about Collingwoods VFL team so there's not much more for me to contribute here :)

I am only one poster in a small pool that think the club did really well last trade and draft period, excited about their potential! Proof will be in the pudding!

Last edited:
I am only one poster in small in a small pool that think the club did really well last trade and draft period, excited about their potential! Proof will be in the pudding!

Me to, there's not 1 player that I'm not optimistic about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back