Sydney 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Our midfield is shite. Jack is done and Parker and Hannbery don't look like they even care.

Smith is also done. I can't believe what has happened to Smith and Jack in the last 18 months. They are not even that old, but they have become shadows of what they used to be.

Do you think with Jack it could be all those family problems he's had etc ? May have taken a toll on him mentally or everything catching up with him .

Do you think with Jack it could be all those family problems he's had etc ? May have taken a toll on him mentally or everything catching up with him .

It could be. He really dropped in performance in 2016 and it has gotten even worse in 2017. He has never been a high disposal getter but between 2012 and 2016 he averaged between 22.6 disposals a game and 24 disposals a game, generally getting around 6 tackles a game as well. Now though, he is averaging 15.8 disposals a game and is down to 2.6 tackles a game, so his disposals as gone down 9 per game and his tackles have halved. He also used to be a good kick, but he is an awful kick in 2017.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-sydney-swans--kieran-jack

He's slowly gotten worse eaxh year and fallen off a cliff. Hes always been an average kick and one sided but its very noticable this year

Missing Aliir/Rampe hurts as well. Grundy has been solid but hes slowig down

Also hannebery looks like a different player.

Similar situation to Hawthorn, much worse than anyone predicted, in hindsight it was perhaps foreseeable. Next year is a new year hopefully.

Yes and no. Sydney have much more at the bottom end and began bringing them on in numbers last year. Reckon they're likely to recover quickly, but not as confident with Hawthorn. Looks much more like a 2009 down year for the Swans than a 1990-94 doomsday era.

Missing Aliir/Rampe hurts as well.

Allir was omitted which I thought was a little strange but he probably didn't fit this week's strategy (stoppages). Yes he makes mistakes but those players are needed to provide rebound. At the moment they have Lloyd bringing the ball out, he's a handy player but more of a link man than a playmaker.

Won't play finals this year but have some pretty good kids and still enough quality to bounce back next year. Tippett just looks like he is rocking up to get his pay, if only his heart was a big as his wallet

Rohan heeney tippett totally underdone and just playing oit of desperation/a run for next week. Probably expected to lose and pick up from next week. Best hope is for 6-8 and still have the talent to do damage on their day if they all fire - will rely on this rather than a team effort though this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mentally weak side. Two Grand Final losses does that to you.

Upside is that they have some great kids coming through from the academy so they won't be down for long.

Well I worry as we have Nick Blakey, but I can easily see the AFL changing the rules at the last minute to prevent players who are eligible for the F/S rule also being eligible for an academy pick.

Do these two really add that much?

Tippett was one of the best ruckmen in the competition a year ago, and other than finals Rohan has been really good for the Swans when he is able to play a string of games without getting injured. Rohan always takes 2 or 3 games to get into the grove of things after being injured so I am not so worried about him.

Tippett was one of the best ruckmen in the competition a year ago, and other than finals Rohan has been really good for the Swans when he is able to play a string of games without getting injured. Rohan always takes 2 or 3 games to get into the grove of things after being injured so I am not so worried about him.

Rohan's prelim was good last year.

But both are generally injured or coming back from injury which has limited their output by a fair bit.

Do these two really add that much?
Sure Tippett is no star though he provides a contest allows franklin to get up the ground and gives them confidence to get it in quick. Will often bring it to ground consistently for crumbers to get on the end of.
Rohan is a bit of a tease though shows quality given a run of games - improvement over a kid they currently have in

Clever title, had a chuckle at that.

This year may be gone, cruelled by a long injury list, lack of experienced depth and indifferent form by key mids and mystifying dreadful form of KJack & Smith. Maybe we keep on blooding kids, put seniors out for early surgery and get better ND picks.

We have had 6 debutants in 5 matches, most of whom have shown a bit. But most supporters are mystified by the dropping of Newman this week and the continued selection of Foote who has never shown anything we can see from our side of the fence.

So yes, we may be a non finalist but not a spent force in future as we have too many quality young players to fall too far for too long.

The nucleus is very good. s**t this year, but i expect we can storm up the ladder in a year or 2
To be honest all supporters say the same thing. They see the introduction of a few kids and think in 2 years all will be good again. But it very rarely works like that. You can't expect 30 games players (which will be the case in 2 seasons) to replace the decling output of a Jack, Kennedy, Mcveigh, Grundy etc.

No doubt you will rebutt stating why but history is against you.

I doubt they make finals this year, have to go 12-5 at least in their remaining matches but can't see that happening. Could win close to or near 10 games but I reckon 0-5 is a bit too far for them to rebound to make the top 8. Still think they can be a pretty good side in the next few years and make the top 8, top 4 though is a real question mark and I have doubts regarding their ability to make top 4 in the next few years.

They've played a shitload of kids these last 2 years without too many people noticing, the games sunk into them will pay serious dividends in a few years. So I think they're (obviously) done this year and possibly next year too but can reload by 2019-2020. Don't even like Sydney but I can't envisage them being irrelevant in terms of flag contention for too long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back