Preview Rd 18 GC v Western Bulldogs @ Cairns, 4:40

Remove this Banner Ad

JRyan23

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Changes posted here and thoughts for game. Hopefully the boys show some fight and stay in the hunt throughout the game.
Outs: Lyons (ankle), McKenzie (omitted), May (hamstring), Sexton
Ins: Hallahan, KK, Brooksby, Brodie
If KK is not right i would blood Scrimshaw for his debut

Play the kids-scrimshaw, scheers,bowes, Brodie, fiorini etc.
Play the blokes we want to trade Or we suspect will ask for a trade.
Rest up anyone carrying niggling injuries

Start researching into picks 1-4 in this years draft

Come on, be realistic. We are not that bad!!!

...picks 2 to 5. We won't finish last.

I agree it's highly unlikely however it's more a comment on what respect I have for Brisbane.
Their new coach has that team up and about and showing spirit. They may jag a couple more wins.
I'm seriously concerned that they will go past us in 2018.

Bring in Brodie, Fiorini, Scrimshaw, Scheer, KK (if fit).

Out with Lyons (inj), May (inj), Rosa, Hall, Mckenzie

Dogs don't have any absolutely massive gorillas up forward so Thompson should be alright back by himself as a lone hand for this week.

Might as well play them all now, and so they can get used to playing together for the years to come.

They better drop McKenzie for Scrimshaw.
Fiorini and Brodie for Hall and Lemmens or l'm not even going to bother watching it.

Bring in Brodie, Fiorini, Scrimshaw, Scheer, KK (if fit).

Out with Lyons (inj), May (inj), Rosa, Hall, Mckenzie

Dogs don't have any absolutely massive gorillas up forward so Thompson should be alright back by himself as a lone hand for this week.

Might as well play them all now, and so they can get used to playing together for the years to come.

I like it except we have to play Hall and McKenzie for the rest of the season and let them have as many easy soft possessions as possible so we can get something for them when we trade them. It's time to polish the turds.

I would not allow the coaching Staff to select the teams anymore.
Tell Clayton he's safe for next year (even if it's a fib) and make him the sole team selector so he can start working on his draft and trade strategy.

Macpherson should come back in in the midfield. Could even try playing him as a rory laird type back pocket with midfield scope. Needs to get a run of games towards the back of the season he's too good for NEAFL

I like it except we have to play Hall and McKenzie for the rest of the season and let them have as many easy soft possessions as possible so we can get something for them when we trade them. It's time to polish the turds.

I would not allow the coaching Staff to select the teams anymore.
Tell Clayton he's safe for next year (even if it's a fib) and make him the sole team selector so he can start working on his draft and trade strategy.
"lt's time to polish the turds."
LOL l've love it. Gold!

Would love the team to line up this weekend like this: (won't ever happen)

Joyce Thompson Saad
Harbrow KK Scrimshaw
Fiorini Ablett Bowes
Martin Lynch Ah Chee
Ainsworth Wright Lemmens
R: Witts RR: Swallow Ro: Brodie
Inter: Rischi, Scheer, Miller, Hanley

Could try and fit Darcy in there too somewhere if needed. Could take Lemmens out, but I am well aware he is one of the only blokes that knows how to tackle.

While eade is still at helm he is going to go to bigger bodies , hallahan will come in , would love scrim to get a game he would match up on dogs smaller forward line well , darcy has to have a run at it now not a game here or there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players were ok the other night I thought. The injuries made it a brutally hard task late.

I'd go Scrimshaw and Fiorini for May and Lyons. Need to win these games coming in and try to maintain some sense of continuity. Don't need wholesale changes (although I could understand Hall getting booted).

It is pretty simple.

We are at the point of the season where next year is more important than this year.
Ring the bell and change it up.

3 or 4 out of Brodie, Fiorini, Hallahan and Darcy Mac into the guts.
Lyons injured. Rest Miller or Swallow this week. Gaz or Hanley to pull up sore.

TheScrim to half back for Trent.
Joyce to the backline for May.
TheSchoen to the wing for Rosa.

Probably enough to be going on with.

The season is over
It's all about next year
Sick of saying that
Put them in to surgery
Rest players
Give fringe players like Hallahan an opportunity to impress
Blood younger players
Create some trade bait

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Couldn't agree more, it's time to get some serous game time into our 4 first rounders from last year and see what they have got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gold Coast considering handing Jack Scrimshaw his AFL debut to replace injured Steven May
ANDREW HAMILTON, The Courier-Mail
July 17, 2017 6:03pm

GOLD Coast is debating calling in a fifth debutant to replace co-captain Steven May for Saturday’s clash with the Bulldogs in Cairns.

The Suns match committee on Monday discussed handing No.7 draft pick Jack Scrimshaw his debut.

The rebounding defender is a probing left footer like May and shares his flair while still lacking the co-captain’s strength.

He would join Ben Ainsworth, Jack Bowes, Will Brodie and Brad Scheer as first-year players to debut this season.

Football manager Marcus Ashcroft said the selection panel wanted to go with youth but would factor in the likely make-up of the Bulldogs side.

“We’d like to give him a go, it may depend on what they do too and whether we have a match-up for him,’’ he said.

Powerful forward Jake Stringer will miss the clash with a hamstring injury.

Jack Leslie is the obvious replacement for May but suffered a leg injury late in the weekend’s NEAFL match against Redlands.

Ashcroft said scans on Monday cleared him of a fracture but he was very sore and only a slim chance of being available.

Keegan Brooksby booted six goals in the twos but has been used as a defender in the past and would also come under consideration.

May will miss the match with a hamstring injury but is considered a strong chance to return the following week to face Richmond at Metricon Stadium.

Midfielder Jarryd Lyons had scans that revealed bone bruising in his ankle.

He injured himself in the opening minutes of the loss to Collingwood but battled on until just before half time before he was pulled out and sent for an early shower.

Ashcroft said it was likely to be a three to four-week injury.

Jesse Lonergan is the first candidate to replace him but Josh Schoenfeld and Will Brodie may also be considered.

If Scrimshaw was to debut the Suns would be reluctant to bring in two inexperienced players.

Vietnam_People%27s_Army_Tank_and_Armored.jpg

Thank u for the feedback

I understand you are an NRL convert so you might not be familiar with the concept of tanking but I even found one in pretty Gold Coast colours to illustrate my point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back