List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyd, Taylor Adams, Josh Caddy, Gunston. Then there's guys like Treloar, O'Meara, Prestia who didn't last much longer and pulled the same move.

And thats just off the top of my head
And all bar one of those named was from one of the "expansion" sides playing in unfamiliar AFL states with zero culture and questionable infrastructure on the admin side, hardly surprising, and correct me if I'm wrong but all bar one from Victoria??

I reckon its time to allow clubs to trade players without their consent.

The current system is too much in favour of the player.

If they can just decide they're going when their contract is up, potentially leaving the club out of pocket on their investement. The club should be able to cash out on them when it suits too.
Totally agree. I dont know any other comp in the world that give the player that much say in trades. Its ridiculously restrictive, especially if you're not from a Victorian Club

I'll be very surprised if Lever does want out that we don't try to wangle a 2018 1st Round Pick in the "Super Draft" into the deal....Unless a very decent player is involved in the exchange.

Boyd, Taylor Adams, Josh Caddy, Gunston. Then there's guys like Treloar, O'Meara, Prestia who didn't last much longer and pulled the same move.

And thats just off the top of my head
Treloar was at GWS for 3 years. O'Meara at GCS for 4 years (plus was at the club for an extra year as he was a mini-draft recruit). Prestia was at GCS for 6 years!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. There are very few players on their list I would want outside of their core team (pendles, treloar, grundy etc).

Should go to Essendon so we can get ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAZIO.

You never know

Lever if he decides to leave it will be firstly to return to Vic if that's the case he will then have to realise whatever club he goes to will have to satisfy the crows so we could be negotiating with a few to make the move happen

He won't be choosing Collingwood for example for premiership glory

If not he could see himself in Brisbane

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We shouldn't over commit to keep him. He's just a third tall defender albeit a good one. McGovern is the rare-as-hens-teeth agile pack marking pressuring key forward who we must keep.

That said, Lever is also the greatest player at his age of all time and therefore nothing less than a top 5 pick and your best young player will get hold of him in a trade.

And all bar one of those named was from one of the "expansion" sides playing in unfamiliar AFL states with zero culture and questionable infrastructure on the admin side, hardly surprising, and correct me if I'm wrong but all bar one from Victoria??
But that's the point, they all leave, and they never get a culture except a culture of their best players leaving

I want to hear none of this "player nominating his club" crap this time. Highest bidder wins.

If the Crows bend over again, they should deregister themselves from the AFL. Line in the sand time.
When has that ever happened? Player nominate a club, the deal gets done. You're holding the Crows up to a non-existent standard, there are never players who are happy to go to a state and don't care which team it is and let the team trade with the highest bidder.

Treloar was at GWS for 3 years. O'Meara at GCS for 4 years (plus was at the club for an extra year as he was a mini-draft recruit). Prestia was at GCS for 6 years!
Just did a little more research to help back the point up for you.
Cam McCarthy, Caleb Merchbank, James Aish, Paul Ahern, Tom Scully, Jarrod Pickett, Nathan Freeman, Phil Davis to name a few more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back