List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the Snake in the news today it got me thinking about his stay at West Lakes beyond next season. He signed a one year contract extension in 2015, meaning he's out of contract at the end of 2017.

Lever is probably my favourite young Crow and I'd be devastated to see him leave. He oozes class, and has great leadership for his age - could be our future captain.

Some on the Bulldogs board are already talking him up as a trade target (can't blame them really) but the part about him only being worth a second rounder is laughable.

What is the 2014 pick #14 worth? Will he stay? What should be our offer to him?

I just don't want to think about this tbh. It's that simple

latest

Every Vic club in their right mind will be throwing cash at him, but I genuinely get the feeling he is really enjoying his time in Adelaide.

Would love to have a year off thinking about this s**t though...

Every Vic club in their right mind will be throwing cash at him, but I genuinely get the feeling he is really enjoying his time in Adelaide.

lol get used to it.

They could sign a 5 year deal and if half way through they havent signed an extension, the 'sky is falling' brigade will be out in force.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unnecessary post

It really isn't. The media started calling Dangerfield out 18 months from the end of his contract. I know he went but it just highlights how early the media goes these days with contract stories. Part and parcel of the modern game. As a result, we have been conditioned to think players are on the verge of walking out given half the chance when it isn't the case. Now we are examining everything Lever says and does like everyone else just in case he wants out. Sadly this looks like never ending.

agreed, we should make sure everyone comes out of contract on an even numbered year so we can go every second one in peace lol

He is a big chance to leave every time his contract is up for renewal. He is exactly the type of player that will attract a massive offer from vic clubs to make a statement to fans. I wouldn't be surprised if Carlton come after us soon, but any Vic club might see the value in putting a massive offer in for young Jake. I think we might be in trouble here to be honest. He is arguably our most valuable player given his age profile.

He will stay, but if he goes he is worth a top 3 pick.

Suggesting a pick in the second round is pretty crazy but so is demanding a top 3 pick.That kind of pick is reserved for genuine elite, established midfielders or the best of the best forwards. Lever is not in that category yet and I doubt he will be by the end of the 2017.

Realistically, if he did decide to leave, and assuming his form continued to build throughout 2017 at it's current trajectory, we could probably expect around pick 10 or equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back