List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with all the negativity guys. It's Friday night. Are we just in a downward cycle or has some news broken ?

Would it be a good thing if Brisbane "won" the spoon and publicly stated they would take him if he nominated?

Would be nice, but very unlikely; especially at Levers cap space.

Now if someone, lets say, Rockliff came over to Adelaide and they were to keep that money open to get Lever, then yes, it'd be beautiful.

No. That's just an incredibly stupid thing to do. It's harming ourselves in the middle of a premiership window, at a time we need collateral to attract players that'd help us win a premiership.

Lever going is an absolute gift to us seeing he's young, attracting upwards of a million dollar offers (which is a lot of cap space for a defender), and his most likely suitors will have 1 if not 2 very juicy first picks.

If we got two firsts for lever, I'd pack his bags seeing we can do much more to make the most of this window with that, then we will by keeping Lever.
And what type of players do you think a club that bleeds good players will attract?

Nup. Enough bullshit. Highest bidder or preseason draft.

Would be nice, but very unlikely; especially at Levers cap space.

Now if someone, lets say, Rockliff came over to Adelaide and they were to keep that money open to get Lever, then yes, it'd be beautiful.
The more probable solution is he is available for north to swoop on and we all know they have an enormous amount of cap space available

And what type of players do you think a club that bleeds good players will attract?

Nup. Enough bullshit. Highest bidder or preseason draft.

What players does a club in their premiership window attract? There are only two things players are after, premierships and money after all (sometimes, rarely, you get someone motivated not by these things, i.e. Dangerfield). We're in a window, and there is definitely players that'd look at someone like us and think - * I want in on that. This year has proven this is no fluke either.

The club doesn't have the power to shunt Lever off to the highest bidder, because the AFL was too behind the curve to allow trading without the players permission, and sending someone of Levers profile to the PSD is just so stupid it's not funny. The only message that sends is the people running the club are idiots.

What players does a club in their premiership window attract? There are only two things players are after, premierships and money after all (sometimes, rarely, you get someone motivated not by these things, i.e. Dangerfield). We're in a window, and there is definitely players that'd look at someone like us and think - **** I want in on that. This year has proven this is no fluke either.

The club doesn't have the power to shunt Lever off to the highest bidder, because the AFL was too behind the curve to allow trading without the players permission, and sending someone of Levers profile to the PSD is just so stupid it's not funny. The only message that sends is the people running the club are idiots.
So, you'd prefer to keep the status quo which has achieved what exactly? Players are still leaving by the looks of it (Lever/Gov).

Coming on the heels of Chappie saying that if he goes it wont be money that is the reason, it kinda tells me Adelaide have matched a big offer and then asked why he still isnt signing and he has said its not all about money.
Or its length. Many people are interested in length

So, you'd prefer to keep the status quo which has achieved what exactly? Players are still leaving by the looks of it (Lever/Gov).
Well, we're sitting top of the ******* ladder.

We've beaten last year's premiers and one of our nemesis teams in the last two weeks. Chances are, we'll go into the finals having previously beaten anyone we would come up against.

We're achieving great results and are as well positioned to win a flag - or multiple - as any team in the league.

If Lever goes, * him. Get the best deal possible and use the money and picks to get more talent.

More your ideas won't achieve anything at all seeing both simply won't work. Players/managers won't simply look at Adelaide and go "Oh we can't leave now, because they sent Lever to the PSD", and you simply can't demand Lever to go to the highest bidder because that's not how the AFL works. It's a buyers market, not a sellers.

I couldn't care less if we lose Lever (In fact, I want us to trade him), much like I couldn't care less if we lose most of the players we have because when push comes to shove, nearly everyone is replaceable. Lever is replaceable, Gov is replaceable, Tippet was replaceable, Davis was replaceable etc. We're still in a window (and have a damn good shot of winning it this season) despite all of this. Even if we lost Lever and Gov, we'd still have a damn good shot of winning it next season as well.

There are only two ways to "prevent" this - Firstly is to overpay everyone, which might make you feel warm and cuddly inside but in the end will only lead to a Richmond like situation, Second is to end up in a Sydney like situation where you're almost permanently competing, and refreshing the list without rebuilding. You'll still lose players of course, but either will make it much harder.

Last edited:

We've beaten last year's premiers and one of our nemesis teams in the last two weeks. Chances are, we'll go into the finals having previously beaten anyone we would come up against.

We're achieving great results and are as well positioned to win a flag - or multiple - as any team in the league.

If Lever goes, **** him. Get the best deal possible and use the money and picks to get more talent.

Time to become the club we want to be instead of remaining the club we've been.

More your ideas won't achieve anything at all seeing both simply won't work. Players/managers won't simply look at Adelaide and go "Oh we can't leave now, because they sent Lever to the PSD", and you simply can't demand Lever to go to the highest bidder because that's not how the AFL works. It's a buyers market, not a sellers.

I couldn't care less if we lose Lever (In fact, I want us to trade him), much like I couldn't care less if we lose most of the players we have because when push comes to shove, nearly everyone is replaceable. Lever is replaceable, Gov is replaceable, Tippet was replaceable, Davis was replaceable etc. We're still in a window (and have a damn good shot of winning it this season) despite all of this. Even if we lost Lever and Gov, we'd still have a damn good shot of winning it next season as well.

There are only two ways to "prevent" this - Firstly is to overpay everyone, which might make you feel warm and cuddly inside but in the end will only lead to a Richmond like situation, Second is to end up in a Sydney like situation where you're almost permanently competing, and refreshing the list without rebuilding. You'll still lose players of course, but either will make it much harder.
At the very least, a harder stance would make other clubs think twice about picking at our carcass like they have been.

Let's face it. We are the village bicycle.

At the very least, a harder stance would make other clubs think twice about picking at our carcass like they have been.

Let's face it. We are the village bicycle.

It doesn't even change that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lesson learned no more posts on geelongs board after we beat them

What did I miss, is lever still undecided???? Or has he announced he is going to the hawks

If Lever goes, **** him. Get the best deal possible and use the money and picks to get more talent.

We should probably just have a victory lap now and not really worry about the nasty stuff like having to achieve the accomplishments we're celebrating.

Yes. But Kristof 's point is valid if we end up winning a flag. It says a lot about any player that leaves a club after winning a flag. Especially a young player that can still leave in a few years time. A 3 year contract at a fair wage which may be lower than others is something that any 22 yo AFL footballer should sign at a premiership club that is at the start of its window. That is worth more money to them in the long term as well. The TV media loves to be able to say X-time premiership player. Most of the ex-players that have gigs in the media have premierships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back