Opinion What should the club do with the #15?

Who should don the #15 in 2018?

• Blake Hardwick

Votes: 67 50.0%
  • Kieran Lovell

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • Harry Morrison

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • Rest It For A Year

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • Other

Votes: 10 7.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

not American at all. We retired #5 for 12 years after Crimmins passed away in 1976.
Anyway my vote goes to Glass. Reckon Hodge wld approve.

I'm pretty aware of the Crimmins legacy - but it is very rare for something like this to occur in Australian sport, and under circumstances like Crimmo's I think it was far more poignant.

Withstanding this - retiring numbers is *very* American - they do it in all their major sports. The Celtics for example have 21 numbers retired.

I love Hodgey, but 'resting' guernseys isn't something I'm fond of for retiring players.

I suspect Lovell and Hardwick will each take one of (in no particular order) 15 and 6.

The only decent reason I can see for that not being the case is if we get an established star player recruit who is given one of those numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty aware of the Crimmins legacy - but it is very rare for something like this to occur in Australian sport, and under circumstances like Crimmo's I think it was far more poignant.

Withstanding this - retiring numbers is *very* American - they do it in all their major sports. The Celtics for example have 21 numbers retired.

I love Hodgey, but 'resting' guernseys isn't something I'm fond of for retiring players.
fair point. Didn't realise they were permanently retired. ie there will never be another 23 for Chicago Bulls.

If Duryea leaves as a free agent there's a good chance Blake Hardwick could get the number 8 instead.

6 Reserved for Whitfield lol
8 Hardwick
15 Lovell
20 Morrison
32 Cousins
35 Glass
Glass already has a great Hawthorn number, why would you want to move to 35.

Yankees have 22 numbers retired including the number 8 twice :eek:

No idea how you retire a number twice :huh:

Back