Political Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my electorate (Ramsey), the chance of Bettison being unseated are about as much as Chapman being unseated in Bragg.

Of all people, serial entrant (and Adelaide Now poster) Mark Aldridge might skew votes away from SA Best, given he’s been going under the tag line of SA’s Best, and the SA Best candidate Tarnia George has said a few people have said if Aldridge is involved with SA Best they won’t be voting for him.

I’m still debating whether to put the Conservatives candidate or Aldridge last on my slip.

Interesting James Massola article from 2015.....Really throws into doubt who the X man will side with Labor or Liberal if required to form Government, my gut feeling it will be Labor but it has to be said from what I'm hearing he has a lot of candidates with some ties to Liberal going back away.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...colourful-senate-chamber-20150521-gh6bj9.html

I strongly suspect that in the event of X choosing the government pragmatism will win out.

That is, whoever has the most seats out of the major parties he'll side with and claim it's in the interest of stability.

Pretty much what Brock did after the last election.

Ha, had those same apparatchiks holding up privatisation signs outside ETSA on the way in

Political reporter in the paper at least mentioned all the stuff Labor had privatised

I wonder if it will work

Standing out the front of the LTO on Grenfell Street likely wouldn't have the same effect.

Having said that, the ALP has burnt themselves for a generation in the South-East by privatising Forestry SA

What is interesting is the Taylor poll.

Whether it's reflective of Vlahos incompetence or a sign that ALP heartland such as Ramsay, Elizabeth, King etc. are actually in more danger to SAB than the hills (as was originally thought)

The preferred Premier in Taylor is also amusing.

29% Uncommitted, 28% Xenophon, 27% Weatherill, 16% Marshall. If nothing else screams out a general dearth of leadership in this state ...
any area that is either red or blue is suffering from if it isn't my team its SA Best I reckon.

A well known and respected journalist in Canberra that I used to deal with in the press room at Defence... used to "quote" people all the time when he had nothing.

Ha! what a coincidence. I worked for the same dept. for nigh on 40 years. The last 9 or so I worked with the Navy on the Collins project. We would brief the journos about what was happening with boat 1 (Collins) being used as a test bed, due to the class (all Collins boats were the class) was 3 times the size of it's Swedish design, and not having models to test, it would be used as such.

But did they listen, not on your life, everything was at fault, and most of it made up. I guess the headlines "Dud Subs" looked pretty good to them and the public thought it so.

That's why I'm sceptical of what is written these days. That and the history of my late best friend who's biography on the internet is such a load of crap it's criminal.

Last edited:
Surely you’ve heard they will deregulate shopping hours and cut payroll tax to name 2.

He obviously doesn’t have the cut through but really should we be voting on the charisma of the leader this time?

Labor have been in power for 16 years, have lurched from one controversy to the next, have been arrogant and dodgy and we have world record power prices. How anyone can reward them by voting for them again, I just don’t get it.

Does anyone actually think that SA is an outlier when it comes to electricity prices?

High power prices are an Australia wide issue, the fallacy of it being solely a SA issue was put to rest months ago.

Whoever wins the election on Saturday it will make no difference, high power prices are now just a fact of life. We're all now paying the price from the neoliberalism of the 90s.

Does anyone actually think that SA is an outlier when it comes to electricity prices?

High power prices are an Australia wide issue, the fallacy of it being solely a SA issue was put to rest months ago.

Whoever wins the election on Saturday it will make no difference, high power prices are now just a fact of life. We're all now paying the price from the neoliberalism of the 90s.
It was put to rest months ago?

Bicks you’re on top of this, your thoughts? Is the rest of OZ paying the same prices as us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I live in a knife edge marginal seat, so we are getting plastered with propaganda.

I'll be putting Labor last all the while that corrupt **** Weatherill is in charge. The Libs don't inspire confidence, and neither does Nick X (who I've previously voted for) so I'll most probably vote for a smaller party and have some fun with my preferences.

I live in a knife edge marginal seat, so we are getting plastered with propaganda.

I'll be putting Labor last all the while that corrupt **** Weatherill is in charge. The Libs don't inspire confidence, and neither does Nick X (who I've previously voted for) so I'll most probably vote for a smaller party and have some fun with my preferences.

Given that the Electoral Commission allocates funding on Primary Vote there's alot to be said for putting Dignity for the Disabled first.

Entirely worthwhile agenda and lends a voice to those who are marginalised (and also relatively sensible in other policy positions).

Prediction:
Labor returned. Lose 1, maybe 2 marginal seats to SA Best.
Liberal vote gutted by SA Best, lose nearly all marginal seats.
SA Best become legitimate third party. Forces Labor into power share agreement.

Seat to watch:
Turbo vs Helika, West Torrens. How much of a swing against can she get? I seem to recall he had a 12.5% buffer, or something ridiculous (?).

Last edited:
Prediction:

Seat to watch:
Turbo vs Helika, West Torrens. How much of a swing against can she get? I seem to recall he had a 21% buffer, or something ridiculous (?).
I think you are about 3 months late on that one.

I think you’re clutching with sometimes we are the cheapest

So we're not the cheapest on March 5th or 6th?

I think this explains why supply-side economics is so popular in the Liberal party

Not going to lie this would be the most uninspired I've ever been for an election both state and federal, I'm close to just turning up to get my name ticked off.

Yeah, uh Bassett, Bee Ay Double-S Eee Double-T. Yup, Punchy, Pee You Enn See Haitch Why. Yup, that's my address.

Prediction:

Seat to watch:
Turbo vs Helika, West Torrens. How much of a swing against can she get? I seem to recall he had a 12.5% buffer, or something ridiculous (?).

Yep he does. Similar margin to Port Adelaide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back