Review Good/Bad/Ugly v Richmond (R2 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called op

Yep a few injuries are going to be the making of the Crows.Opportunity and depth for the long season...Poholke needs a run as does the Gallucci and yes even blood O'Brien.
This is going to be a roller coaster season with so many injuries and blokes not completely fit but this is a gusty team.
The bulldogs had many injuries in their premiership year but kept winning by players taking their opportunity. Hopefully the crows will replicate that and hsve their best team for when it counts.

Last edited:
Have the coaches received any praise yet?

Tweaked our game plan to combat the opposition and had a tactic for Rance.

That’s been a criticism when they haven’t worried about the opposition, looks like they’ve learnt a lesson.

The other lesson they may have learned is to not fear the depth players and that continuity isn't the be all and end all of winning games of footy.

The other lesson they may have learned is to not fear the depth players and that continuity isn't the be all and end all of winning games of footy.

We say this so often when a kid comes in and does so well, but our match selection will never learn.

A few more thoughts.

Atkins had a stinker. Always liked him but he is out of sorts.

I keep saying this but we just need to get the ball in Milera's hands. Get him kicking the ball. So dangerous and classy. Stay in please. Showed some strength as well.

I thought at ground level Betts was pretty good. The way he harasses and manages to steal the ball is still first rate. Like most are saying we need to stop kicking long to him and coach him to always stay down. Sometimes he flies for the ball due to us having no one there to go for it. Sometimes it's him being dumb. Either way it needs to stop and we need to make sure he sticks to crumbing and harassing.

CEY showed strength around the packs. Was a decent game but still lacks class.

Talia was very good.

Cotchin was terrible! Absolutely disappeared. Shocking 200th.

Why did they play Martín deep forward for so long when the game was in the balance?

Ugly:

Eddie’s first 2 weeks - he has been diabolical. Another fortnight like this and there’ll be calls for him to be dropped, which was unthinkable 7 days ago. Surely he’ll improve next week.

I thought Betts was garbage at the game too, but watched the replay when I got home. He was actually really important around the contest, gave some great hands out. I think upon review coaches will be very happy with his game.

That’s been a criticism when they haven’t worried about the opposition, looks like they’ve learnt a lesson.
Pyke was also on THE “bus”. Reckon it’s done a world of good for him too! Love the passion he’s showing with the boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must admit I'm totally confused about CEY as a player. Makes some horrendous mistakes than took 3 or so really courageous intercept marks at crucial times.
I just think he needs some continuity - something he’s never really had. He is very good and that body and agility is a real bonus for us.

Two soldiers down ..
Under the pump with media bullshit ..
Challenged a couple of times ..
Against the GF nemesis ...

Couldn't be prouder of all the players and coaches

Oh
And no Martin no Richmond

I really struggle to see game plan in games like this on TV but I did see +50 contested possessions and +120 possessions. I think we tried harder for longer which hopefully has helped regain a bit of confidence in our abilities. Plenty of best 22 still struggling. Occasionally we strung a bit of play together like last year but it was a bit different coming out of defense with more of a short kicking game. Maybe a result of no Brodie Smith. On the youngsters.
Doedee looks very comfortable at this level.
Murphy is a footballer, there was an occasion I think in the 4th where I could see he was hatching a plan near the boundary. Ball ended up going over but I could see he was positioning himself to snatch it. It’s little things like that where you can see potential.
Foggy well he’s just aggressive and strong standing up for himself v adult big men. Imagine when he grows up. Holy s**t.

The Good:

Jenkins playing the game as a genuine key forward.
Milera - Looked great off half back. Surprisingly seemed quite aggressive. Keep him at HB until Smith returns.

He’s put on a bit of muscle for sure, started a bit slow but was looking way better as the game progressed. I think this year is where he’ll blossom.

One thing I can’t work out is, HTF do we run out of gas last week so obviously but only 6 days later run out the match with ease down 2 players and with 2 hampered. I didn’t see guys cramping this week. I really can’t understand the Jeckell and Hyde from one week to the next.

I really struggle to see game plan in games like this on TV but I did see +50 contested possessions and +120 possessions. I think we tried harder for longer which hopefully has helped regain a bit of confidence in our abilities. Plenty of best 22 still struggling. Occasionally we strung a bit of play together like last year but it was a bit different coming out of defense with more of a short kicking game. Maybe a result of no Brodie Smith. On the youngsters.
Doedee looks very comfortable at this level.
Murphy is a footballer, there was an occasion I think in the 4th where I could see he was hatching a plan near the boundary. Ball ended up going over but I could see he was positioning himself to snatch it. It’s little things like that where you can see potential.
Foggy well he’s just aggressive and strong standing up for himself v adult big men. Imagine when he grows up. Holy s**t.
We rarely bombed which 1) didn’t let their defenders clean up as they did in the GF 2) their smaller players were continually chasing the next kick rather than putting pressure around the contest 3) they weren’t allowed to rebound at will

I hope :poo: Douglas :poo: doesn't come back next week, undisciplined action from a senior player.

Meanwhile every midfielder this week outperformed his performance last week.

If we drop someone and bring him back in, it won't be reward for effort.

This....this right here - :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

A word on Fogarty - he rarely lets the ball leave the area after a contest, and if he does he either tackles or smashes the opponent. His most impressive thing so far. A true footballer.

Didn't notice this at the time, but in hindsight?....absolutely spot on :thumbsu:.

For f*cks sake, that lad has a football brain like no Rookie I've yet seen. And strong as 'Roo, if not more so at his age. Love to see him get short stints in the Centre Square Midfield rotations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back