Opinion Commentary & Media II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hair and make up didn't do Goldy any favours, very amateur attempt at a combover.

Goodness me. It looks like he grew a moustache... on his head!

Which clubs have the toughest and which have the softest runs to the finals in 2018?
JAY CLARK, Herald Sun
May 25, 2018 7:00pm
Subscriber only
NORTH Melbourne could book a remarkable finals berth with the help of the AFL’s easiest draw in the second half of the season.

Bolstering Kangaroos fans’ hopes of a miracle September appearance, North plays seven games against current bottom-six sides after its Round 13 bye.

And Richmond is in the box seat to secure a top-two spot in its premiership defence with the third-softest draw starting with Saturday’s clash against St Kilda.

The Tigers play only one current top-eight side (Geelong) in the last seven rounds.

But the Western Bulldogs face a huge challenge to rise up the ladder with Luke Beveridge’s men confronting the toughest run home, according to Champion Data.

Nine of the Bulldogs’ last 12 games are against current top-eight sides.

07d8b66f8ad733d5e228409cbfed0aa4

North Melbourne has the easiest run home of any team this season. Picture: Getty
Things could also get worse for the Saints as they try to arrest an horrendous form slump.

St Kilda has the third-toughest fixture as it takes on top-five sides Richmond, West Coast, Sydney and Melbourne between Rounds 9-15.

The Kangaroos have been one of the two biggest surprise packets this season, defying expectations the rebuilding club would finish bottom four in 2018.

Hawthorn champion Dermott Brereton, coaching legend Michael Malthouse and dual North Melbourne premiership player David King all tipped the Roos to collect the wooden spoon.

They are the least experienced and third-youngest list in the league this year and declared their intention to rebuild as fast as possible after moving on five veterans at the end of 2016.

But Brad Scott’s troops have surged up the ladder with surprise wins over Hawthorn, Sydney and Greater Western Sydney and can consolidate a top-eight spot with another upset victory against Fremantle in Perth tonight.

The Kangas tackle only two current top-four teams for the rest of the year— West Coast in Round 19 in Hobart and Adelaide at Adelaide Oval in Round 22.

The Kangaroos have turned Blundstone Arena into a fortress, winning 14 of their 17 matches at the Hobart venue.

Subsequently, the Roos’ odds of making finals this year have been slashed, with the Kangaroos storming in from $9 to $2.25 (with TAB) to secure an unexpected September spot.

Hawthorn should also come home with a wet sail. Alastair Clarkson’s men confront only three current top-eight sides in the last 11 rounds.

THE RUN HOME
Your club’s fixture difficulty ranking (from Round 10).

Rest of season rank (1 = most difficult; 18 = least difficult)

The run home
Fixture ratingClub
1Western Bulldogs
2Adelaide
3St Kilda
4Essendon
5Brisbane Lions
6GWS Giants
7Gold Coast
8Fremantle
9Melbourne
10West Coast
11Sydney
12Geelong
13Port Adelaide
14Collingwood
15Carlton
16Richmond
17Hawthorn
18North Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which clubs have the toughest and which have the softest runs to the finals in 2018?
JAY CLARK, Herald Sun
May 25, 2018 7:00pm
Subscriber only
NORTH Melbourne could book a remarkable finals berth with the help of the AFL’s easiest draw in the second half of the season.

Bolstering Kangaroos fans’ hopes of a miracle September appearance, North plays seven games against current bottom-six sides after its Round 13 bye.

And Richmond is in the box seat to secure a top-two spot in its premiership defence with the third-softest draw starting with Saturday’s clash against St Kilda.

The Tigers play only one current top-eight side (Geelong) in the last seven rounds.

But the Western Bulldogs face a huge challenge to rise up the ladder with Luke Beveridge’s men confronting the toughest run home, according to Champion Data.

Nine of the Bulldogs’ last 12 games are against current top-eight sides.

07d8b66f8ad733d5e228409cbfed0aa4

North Melbourne has the easiest run home of any team this season. Picture: Getty
Things could also get worse for the Saints as they try to arrest an horrendous form slump.

St Kilda has the third-toughest fixture as it takes on top-five sides Richmond, West Coast, Sydney and Melbourne between Rounds 9-15.

The Kangaroos have been one of the two biggest surprise packets this season, defying expectations the rebuilding club would finish bottom four in 2018.

Hawthorn champion Dermott Brereton, coaching legend Michael Malthouse and dual North Melbourne premiership player David King all tipped the Roos to collect the wooden spoon.

They are the least experienced and third-youngest list in the league this year and declared their intention to rebuild as fast as possible after moving on five veterans at the end of 2016.

But Brad Scott’s troops have surged up the ladder with surprise wins over Hawthorn, Sydney and Greater Western Sydney and can consolidate a top-eight spot with another upset victory against Fremantle in Perth tonight.

The Kangas tackle only two current top-four teams for the rest of the year— West Coast in Round 19 in Hobart and Adelaide at Adelaide Oval in Round 22.

The Kangaroos have turned Blundstone Arena into a fortress, winning 14 of their 17 matches at the Hobart venue.

Subsequently, the Roos’ odds of making finals this year have been slashed, with the Kangaroos storming in from $9 to $2.25 (with TAB) to secure an unexpected September spot.

Hawthorn should also come home with a wet sail. Alastair Clarkson’s men confront only three current top-eight sides in the last 11 rounds.

THE RUN HOME
Your club’s fixture difficulty ranking (from Round 10).

Rest of season rank (1 = most difficult; 18 = least difficult)

The run home
Fixture ratingClub
1Western Bulldogs
2Adelaide
3St Kilda
4Essendon
5Brisbane Lions
6GWS Giants
7Gold Coast
8Fremantle
9Melbourne
10West Coast
11Sydney
12Geelong
13Port Adelaide
14Collingwood
15Carlton
16Richmond
17Hawthorn
18North Melbourne

Did jay Clarke omit himself from the wooden spoon list coz pretty sure he 'predicted' that as well

I like Brad's response to question Re. Kyron Hayden, you can tell he has a fair opinion of the kid by his demeanour and response.

I remember Brad being pretty excited by him and LDU the most out of the picks in the draft on trade night. Seems keen on a big bodied mid.

sat and watched it for longer than I'd care to admit to see how long it would keep counting.

I watched for almost two minutes & then I was like, it’s two in the morning, what am I doing with my life...

I was disappointed there wasn’t a cat involved

Gif is too short

JHC, guys. Some spoiler tags wouldn't have gone astray.

I watched a bit of the paint drying gif yesterday but was hoping to catch the rest of it this weekend. Really keen to see how it ends.

JHC, guys. Some spoiler tags wouldn't have gone astray.

I watched a bit of the paint drying gif yesterday but was hoping to catch the rest of it this weekend. Really keen to see how it ends.

At 1.23 hr/min a cat knocks the tin over

Kaitlyn Ashmore is fantastic. Compare to the utter beige-ness of Daisy Pierce. What a media star in the making.
I assume the beige-ness you are talking about with Daisy Pierce is her monotone voice, because her understanding of the game and ability to convey her message is top notch. She is seriously one of the most astute commentators in the AFL.

I assume the beige-ness you are talking about with Daisy Pierce is her monotone voice, because her understanding of the game and ability to convey her message is top notch. She is seriously one of the most astute commentators in the AFL.

I agree Daisy Pearce is very good and has a great understanding of the game.

She also doesn’t make it about herself like most of the other commentators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back