Toast Congratulations David Neitz AFL Hall of Fame inductee

Remove this Banner Ad

Cereal-Guy-Spitting.jpg

Funnily enough, Andy Maher was doing an "Alternate Hall of Fame" on SEN this arvo, calling for nominations of guys who will never make it in there, but were great players none the less, and someone called up to give Neita a nod!

Neita.

Bought a slab of beer off the legend back last October when he was giving out samples in Balaclava.

Saw him play his 300th game and break the Melbourne goal kicking record live.

Remember the time he almost killed Luke McCabe? glorious

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So many great memories. I remember in round 2 2002 we rolled port Adelaide. Dad and I went to the Hilton hotel after the game as the players were going to be there. We ended up leaving before they got there but as we made our way to Richmond station sure enough we passed the players by heading towards the Hilton. I remember Neitz just towering over me, I was only 15 so I still had a bit to grow, but I think that symbolizes Neitz to me. When it comes to my Melbourne Football Club and AFL heroes I certainly see him at the highest of heights.

On a side note only two time all Australian which shows how bloody hard it is to make it, definitely can't underrated that accomplishment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's great news, very happy for him

i met his g/f and her sister whilst on holiday in Thailand once, but that's a story for a different thread

This is great, was a fantastic leader and when we took a grab anywhere within 60m, it was a big chance of a goal.

I reckon every MFC supporter who watched him as a kid (Me included) tried to emulate that beautiful goalkicking technique (Head bobble in runup included :D ).

I was too busy perfecting my over the head bicycle kicks Jako style to bother. :p

About time . Legend . Always knew if he kicked straight his first attempt he was in for a big day out . Congrats

Was gonna say everytime he missed his first shot you may aswell have turned the TV off haha. Legend though. Never would have thought when he retired it would be almost a decade before we could find someone worthy enough to even be called a key forward.

One of the very few players to have been named AA both as an attacker and a defender. In fact, I'm not sure if I can name another one. Fully deserving of this honour.

Installed an air-conditioner for him several years ago. He thought i was pretty cool. He was uber cool. We had a bromance for the day. Needless to say he got mates rates.
So many great days watching him in awe. Absolute legend of the club, deserves every accolade!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back