Essendon vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah because that's the reason why lol. A healthy Daniher is our best player. If you want to take this year's form as Daniher's baseline for the rest of his career, you're going to be left very, very disappointed.
He’s dragging you down.

He’s dragging you down.
About as much as Jesse Hogan drags you down.
I get that you're trolling, but Daniher was the reason we were as good as we were last season.

It's interesting how the two clubs that wear a sash have records in 2018 that are polar opposites to each other.

Essendon are 4-0 against 2017 top 8 sides.
Richmond are 0-2 against 2017 top 8 sides.

Essendon are 0-6 against 2017 bottom 10 sides.
Richmond are 8-0 against 2017 bottom 10 sides.

At some point everyone gotta forget about 2017 top 8 sides and start referencing top 8 2018 sides.

But Essendon in an upset

Is this supposed to be some sort of major contest?

One side struggled to shake the 16th team and the other scrambled home to beat half of GWS.

By scrambling home I guess you meant by kicking 6 goals to 1 in the last quarter with the game in the balance at 3QT.

This is Essendon’s elimination final against Richmond. If they win they u think will just sneak into the finals but if they lose they will not make finals . After Richmond they play Brisbane at the Gabba where they have been very competitive but bombers will Starr favs then they have West Coast, North Melbourne and Collingwood. Where at the present time they would except to lose to West Coast and North Melbourne. Pies game is 50/50.

Mostly agree with you.

I've marked Dreamtime as a loss and in doing so see Essendon on 11 wins at the end of the year if they play well. Could well be an elimination final before even the mid-way point.

This is Essendon’s elimination final against Richmond. If they win they u think will just sneak into the finals but if they lose they will not make finals . After Richmond they play Brisbane at the Gabba where they have been very competitive but bombers will Starr favs then they have West Coast, North Melbourne and Collingwood. Where at the present time they would except to lose to West Coast and North Melbourne. Pies game is 50/50.
i have this down as a likely loss, and i did when i looked at our fixture pre-season
I thought we had a chance to go into the bye 9-2, with GWS and Richmond being danger games.
Didn't quite expect the poor start.

I think our elimination games will be the following 3:
Brisbane in QLD - lose it and it's 4 pts against a beatable team we don't get back
Swans in VIC - the swans are a good team, but we can beat them at etihad. I think we'll need to as well
Hawks at the G - An 8 pointer. I think the hawks or dons lose their top 8 chance in losing this game.

This is on the assumption we can beat some well performing top 8 contenders in North and Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At some point everyone gotta forget about 2017 top 8 sides and start referencing top 8 2018 sides.

But Essendon in an upset
Don’t worry, people are talking about it. Of course, only in reference to how we’ve been blessed with our run home, and not to assert that we’ve played 5 away games against teams in this year’s top 8, and managed to win 3 of therm.

If Essendon win, and they very well might, they will be UP AND ABOUT hugely. There will be talk of Baby Bombers, and 93, and stirring runs to the finals, and how the Dogs of '16 show you just have to come good at the right time.

Of course the Bombers will then fall apart again as the season progresses, but we are talking about this week.

Richmond are the better side overall, but Essendon currently play on an emotional rollercoaster, of which they are currently UP!

Sheedy invented Aboriginal players and he just got put in the Hall of Fame, all points to a Bomber win here.

Essendon won't play finals though.

If Essendon win, and they very well might, they will be UP AND ABOUT hugely. There will be talk of Baby Bombers, and 93, and stirring runs to the finals, and how the Dogs of '16 show you just have to come good at the right time.
Of course the Bombers will then fall apart again as the season progresses, but we are talking about this week.
Richmond are the better side overall, but Essendon currently play on an emotional rollercoaster, of which they are currently UP!
Sheedy invented Aboriginal players and he just got put in the Hall of Fame, all points to a Bomber win here.

That remarkable achievement deserves more than just the hall of fame.

So he invented an entire race of people that have a history and culture of over 40,000 years? Maybe he really could talk with martians after all

OK.

So Essendon win because they have won 2 in a row and are 'UP'

Sheeds invented aboriginal players. He must have a time machine for Polly Farmer I guess. He really is a genius. :)

And the Dons will play some great footy beating teams above them but won't make finals.

I just had a cheese toasty with Double Trouble hot chilli wasabi mustard (awesome stuff) and I don't want whatever you are on.

In the last 2 weeks Essendon have put the foot down and Richmond have dropped back to the pack.

If both teams play the way they did last week, Essendon will win. I except Richmond will lift and beat us though.

In the last 2 weeks Essendon have put the foot down and Richmond have dropped back to the pack.

If both teams play the way they did last week, Essendon will win. I except Richmond will lift and beat us though.
If losing in Perth to West Coast then still beating the Saints by 5 goals with two on the bench for 3 quarters off a 6 day back up from Perth we must really be struggling at 8-2

That remarkable achievement deserves more than just the hall of fame.

Incredibly, he invented Aboriginal players after Phil Krakouer kicked a bag against them on a Friday night.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back