Essendon vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

It's interesting how the two clubs that wear a sash have records in 2018 that are polar opposites to each other.

Essendon are 4-0 against 2017 top 8 sides.
Richmond are 0-2 against 2017 top 8 sides.

Essendon are 0-6 against 2017 bottom 10 sides.
Richmond are 8-0 against 2017 bottom 10 sides.

Which makes Dreamtime at the G next week harder to pick than a broken nose.

I honestly don't know who will start as favourite but if I had to guess who starts favourite I'd guess Richmond purely due to the MCG factor.

Fans arent opposite - both think they will win the flag!

Richmond should win. Obviously im hoping Essendon win as it would help Adelaide's Top 2 chances.

Now do the same thing with 2018 ladder positions. In case you didn't realize, where teams finished last year is irrelevant.
It’s funny it’s only relelvent to people when discussing who the tigers have beaten this year, if you want to look at 2017 you’d say the premier team is still the best team no? I prefer to rate who we are beating this year based on how teams are traveling in 2018 not 2017.

Winning this one would be huge for us. Richmond have been a little shaky the past 3 weeks. Might catch them napping with our home crowd support.

Richmond should win though.
Reckon crowd will be fairly split, home game won’t be as big a factor with the special Dreamtime memberships available. Doubt you will outnumber us in the stands.

It's interesting how the two clubs that wear a sash have records in 2018 that are polar opposites to each other.

Essendon are 4-0 against 2017 top 8 sides.
Richmond are 0-2 against 2017 top 8 sides.

Essendon are 0-6 against 2017 bottom 10 sides.
Richmond are 8-0 against 2017 bottom 10 sides.

Which makes Dreamtime at the G next week harder to pick than a broken nose.

I honestly don't know who will start as favourite but if I had to guess who starts favourite I'd guess Richmond purely due to the MCG factor.

Upsets do happen and this will be a tough match imo. Both teams would consider it winnable. But Richmond definitely go in favourites (I'd prefer us to be underdogs)

There are a lot of ways to look at a fixture.
For example. Teams both clubs have played this year.

Essendon 1-5 with a 125 point deficit
Richmond 5-1 with a 169 point surplus
Both teams have had one home game advantage and one away disadvantage.

Essendon:
Adelaide at home - 12 point win
Fremantle away - 16 point loss
Collingwood - 49 point loss
Melbourne - 36 point loss
Hawthorn - 23 point loss
Carlton - 13 point loss

Richmond:
Carlton - 26 point win
Adelaide away - 36 point loss
Hawthorn - 13 point win
Melbourne - 46 point win
Collingwood - 43 point win
Fremantle home - 77 point win

Essendon have found a bit of form and will have a side that isn't far off full strength. Daniher will definitely still be out, but Hurley may return. So certainly some reason to be optimistic.
Richmond have their dominant recent record at the MCG but haven't been in stellar form the last few weeks and do have some injuries. It will be interesting to see what their forward line looks like without Riewoldt if he doesn't recover in time. You never know with concussions whether they will be right the next week, or if it will take 1-2 weeks more.

Essendon's record against top 8 sides from last year is pretty amusing. I think it is demonstrative that when we play well we can beat good sides. Richmond will certainly enter the match as very warm favourites. Not that it really matters, I don't think we've been favourites in any of the matches we've won this year.

Hoping we have Hurley back for Dea, though if he isn't Francis just may be ready for a call up.
Riewoldt could be a massive out if he misses through concussion.

Dons have found their mojo a little. I stress "a little"
it wasn't that convincing a win against GWS.
But there are a number of players in much better form than we were 3 weeks ago.

Tigers will win, but it shouldn't be the blood bath i was anticipating a few weeks back......cue 100pt Richmond win. :(

I find it quite hilarious that everyone is suggesting Richmond are unproven against last years top 8. The team that won it’s 3 finals last year by 51, 36 and 48 are unproven against last years top 8.

We’re halfway through 2018 and last years top 8 is looking very different to this years. Richmond’s form against this years top 8 is looking good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon must come out firing.

Oh how I have longed for the other Big 4 clubs to catch up to us. There is nothing like stepping on the throat of a Carl, Ess, Coll when they are up and about.

Big 4 Clash Of The Sash

#represent
we gave you guys 4 decades. we cant take 2?

we gave you guys 4 decades. we cant take 2?
Your trophy cabinet says you have the right to take a few decades off.

Essendon are my most despised club though. I hate you more than Carlton. Therefore, you must be at full strength and breathing fire when we beat you.

All jokes aside, 2000-2001 was the last time we had bombers, tigers, blues firing at the same time. Collingwood seem to like doing their own thing, lanky toothless pillocks that they are.

Your trophy cabinet says you have the right to take a few decades off.

Essendon are my most despised club though. I hate you more than Carlton. Therefore, you must be at full strength and breathing fire when we beat you.

All jokes aside, 2000-2001 was the last time we had bombers, tigers, blues firing at the same time. Collingwood seem to like doing their own thing, lanky toothless pillocks that they are.
it has been a while since all four clubs have been strong together.
I do like seeing the other 3 up and about. I don't despise any of them. even Carlton. Bit sick of losing Anzac Day and Dreamtime games, but we should stop being terrible then.

Hoping we've turned a corner, but this is a bad week to judge us. Would prefer we had two more games to get confidence up post-Neeld :p
I do like that we're winning minus 2 of our AA's from last year.

But i go in this week with very little hope

Remove this Banner Ad

Back