Review Dees v the Aints: the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 15, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong balls up against the dogs.
North balls up against the bombers.
Melbourne. Hold my beer.
Yeah but how was the Melbourne-esque late play to get close enough with 35 seconds left to give supporters one last opportunity to get their hope's up, then let them down again?

I judged it 5 nathan jones blind long bombs out of 5.

We've built a squad that can't play on the wide expanses of our home ground.

I was shocked in looking at the tracker stats that we had one player (Joel Smith!) who was in the top five of distance covered and high-speed efforts, while the Saints had four in each of those categories.

We have a one-paced pack of inside midfielders who yes, are generally very strong in tight and in stoppages, but just can't run and spread and we get burned the other way as soon as we turn it over.

We've got to find a better balance in our team.

Attachments

• IMG_5430.PNG
    IMG_5430.PNG
    170.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5429.PNG
    IMG_5429.PNG
    171.2 KB · Views: 9
I don't even know where to start if I try to write the 'Bad' and 'Ugly' for that game. Just too much to mention.

We've built a squad that can't play on the wide expanses of our home ground.

I was shocked in looking at the tracker stats that we had one player (Joel Smith!) who was in the top five of distance covered and high-speed efforts, while the Saints had four in each of those categories.

We have a one-paced pack of inside midfielders who yes, are generally very strong in tight and in stoppages, but just can't run and spread and we get burned the other way as soon as we turn it over.

We've got to find a better balance in our team.
Generous calling Joel Smith a footy player on exposed form :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that was somewhat ******* predictable. Got on the Saints at $6.50. Just had that feeling about it, didn't it? You know the one, only Melbourne supporters know it.

Team plays with no ******* heart.

And still, we could have won, if not for the ******* crooked umps. I really wish I knew what the deal is with the umps the last two weeks. What the hell we do?

Well that was somewhat ******* predictable. Got on the Saints at $6.50. Just had that feeling about it, didn't it? You know the one, only Melbourne supporters know it.

Team plays with no ******* heart.

And still, we could have won, if not for the ******* crooked umps. I really wish I knew what the deal is with the umps the last two weeks. What the hell we do?
I think roll with it and find something else to invest in.

Good: Gawn, Fritsch, Harmes

Bad: Viney tagging, Panic coaching, Woefull selections

Fugly: Can anyone think of a reason why the umpires were so patently out to screw us? It can't be just that they are **** at their jobs, because I don't remember us getting any soft ones. Do they hate us or did they just really want St Kilda to win?
I wonder exactly the same thing - surely though its that they hate us, it's been two weeks in a row blatantly.

Completely out coached. Horrible forward set up, no ability to free up our forwards and no ability to stop transition. Literally felt like stkilda were able to score whenever they ******* felt like it. Like as soon as they cleared put press it was a score. We have completely the wrong team for modern footy.

Tyson, Weid, Lewis and Salem are lucky to be in the side. I ******* hate legspeed in the modern game but even im done. Garlett Frost Spargo and Hunt for those 4 make a huge difference.

Modern game or not modern game, we literally had no one with genuine pace in the team. I can't believe we have not played a small forward two weeks in a row, when we have a good one in Garlett sitting in the reserves and or a good kid in Spargo who had his rest but then never comes back?? Yet we play a bomb the ball long game plan?? It's like sabotage.

I dont really care if Jeffy is kicking goals in the VFL, I just reackon he is one of those guys who only plays well at the top level because he needs top level players to bring him into the game, he isn't going to do jack in the VFL, which may mean he never plays again??

Hello dees fans. Sorry you lost today. I genuinely wish you’d win the flag this year (if we don’t - which we won’t - but you know...I have to add that part in - it’s mandatory!!) Aaanyway, could your team please lift their game and get back on track. Thanks.

What is going on with our midfield set up?

We play Brayshaw & Petracca in centre bounces for lots of the game, even Harmes goes in there.

But Tyson & Jones don't set foot in there.

Tyson especially is a clearance player and not much else.

What is going on with our midfield set up?

We play Brayshaw & Petracca in centre bounces for lots of the game, even Harmes goes in there.

But Tyson & Jones don't set foot in there.

Tyson especially is a clearance player and not much else.
Yep, was thinking the same. Something is seriously dysfunctional in the coaches box when Tyson (who is as slow as Jack Trengove these days) is lining up on a wing at every single centre bounce whilst our collection of part-timers like Harmes and Petracca roll through. Our three for that last bounce was Oliver, Viney and Petracca. What the * was Petracca going to do there that Jones, who was ripping the ball out of every contest like it was 2012 today, wasn't able to do?

Disagree on Brayshaw though, he is a very good clearance player and has to play there as much as Jones given his body is slowing down.

All day our forward 50 was a conjested mess, all day their forward 50 was full of space.

Just a bloody disappointing performance, and I can't even bf giving specifics, which mirrors my feelings towards this side since that Queens birthday match.

Would be a disaster if we missed finals again, to ask our supporters to wait yet another 12 months.

Sads.

o_O
Good : Gawn, Viney. Kicking the last 3 goals while making it even more frustrating when you lose by 2 points is better than giving up like we’ve done in the past. We don’t play at the G next week.

Bad : Petty not ready. Frost surely gets his chance next week. Pedo played in defence for Casey yesterday. If that fails we have to put TMac back there. No crumbers again.

Ugly : Giving Lynden Dunn away for nothing.
Don't worry, at years end we'll also turf Pedo and give Frost away for nothing too.:(o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back