Rumour Weitering to Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With May and Lynch out the door why waste another few valuable years of a players career and send him up there? Just liquidate the club and share the assets around - give Brisbane a chunk of it seeing as they're neighbours. Admit that the whole GC idea was a mistake and stop pumping money into the black hole.

I doubt it personally but some people here are thinking he is worth a lot more than he really is. IF he did leave carlton to go to GC it would most likely cost a top 5 selection and maybe a fringe player. Can't see it though
He is three years in and 50 games and based on what he dishes up week to week, no chance he would go for a top 5 pick.

I'd be mighty surprised if he did leave.

He is three years in and 50 games and based on what he dishes up week to week, no chance he would go for a top 5 pick.

I'd be mighty surprised if he did leave.
If Lachie Weller can get pick #2...

Without commenting on whether or not he would go, he's a 20yo KPD with 50 games already under his belt. His form has been a little up and down, especially the start of this year, but our back line has been decimated and he's playing out of his best position as a floating interceptor.

You don't come out of the box as an 18yo KPD and debut round 1 in front of a massive crowd at the MCG and get 17 touches and 7 marks if you aren't much chop. In just his 3rd game he got 26 touches (10 contested), 9 marks, 5 reb50s and 6 x 1%ers.
He'll be fine and if he was put up for trade, or asked for one, he'd garner a lot of interest with a high 1st being the minimum needed.

If Lachie Weller can get pick #2...

Without commenting on whether or not he would go, he's a 20yo KPD with 50 games already under his belt. His form has been a little up and down, especially the start of this year, but our back line has been decimated and he's playing out of his best position as a floating interceptor.

You don't come out of the box as an 18yo KPD and debut round 1 in front of a massive crowd at the MCG and get 17 touches and 7 marks if you aren't much chop. In just his 3rd game he got 26 touches (10 contested), 9 marks, 5 reb50s and 6 x 1%ers.
He'll be fine and if he was put up for trade, or asked for one, he'd garner a lot of interest with a high 1st being the minimum needed.
Weller did indeed go for pick #2 but I think anyone can see that was a one-off and not the standard.

Weitering clearly has talent but the fact is he isn't performing so you are picking on potential not ability. That's fine but IMO, he isn't getting pick 5 or better. Pick 15, sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back