Preview Round 19 - Carlton v Gold Coast Suns @ Metricon Stadium 28 July 2018, 7.25pm - Team post #244

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guess he has lost some touch with broken ribs and finger
The finger in particular given his strength is marking and his secondary role as a ruckman. There's no way that fully healed in 1 week, let alone 2 or 3.

Wasn't it reported that the it was so bad it punctured the skin? Yikes, brave effort to be back the next week, even if his output was low.

Imagine being Nick Graham, dominating VFL at every single opportunity then getting dropped when there's only 27 available. Must be brutal on him mentally. Can't imagine he'll be on the list next year.
I think he'd do alright with the Suns. Similar to Lyons.

Lyons couldn't get a consistent go in the Crows midfield, goes to GC and has been the best midfielder since walking into the building. Even when we pick Graham we don't really put him on the ball, whereas at the Suns he probably would be. In that instance I wouldn't be surprised to see his output raised a notch or 2.

I think he'd do alright with the Suns. Similar to Lyons.

Lyons couldn't get a consistent go in the Crows midfield, goes to GC and has been the best midfielder since walking into the building. Even when we pick Graham we don't really put him on the ball, whereas at the Suns he probably would be. In that instance I wouldn't be surprised to see his output raised a notch or 2.

Plus he will get development coaches, unlike at carlton who hire undevelopment coaches (I know that's not a word but you get the drift)

Would have been fun see Schumacher playing here, but can understand why he's not.
Pity DeKoning had an injury that slowed him down. Could have been pushing for a debut also.
I consider Garlett being just a little 'unlucky' also.

Coach liked Langs game last week, but to my eyes, I felt he didn't impose himself nearly enough.
Will have to start pulling out a few good games now, given the chances he's being given.

No offence to the guys but glad Shaw, O'Shea and Mullett aren't involved here.
We can conceded we'd made a mistake and vow not to make the same one again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think there's much improvement left in ole Levi. We have seen his ceiling, great contested mark, unreliable shot at goal and gives his all. I hope we haven't seen the last of him but I feel we may have.
One can only hope. The future is in the likes of investing in Charlie, Harry, Kerr and possibly a Lukosias or Ben Silvagni for forward line from 2019 and 2020 and finding the best pair. If we playing Levi in 2019 in the 1sts we hold back the future meeting the present in timely fashion.

I keep thinking back to a game at Princes Park when Carlton absolutely destroyed a young Brisbane team.

To my mind, that was the catalyst for Brisbane to go onto a spectacular dynasty.

I keep waiting for the week after Carlton's latest thrashing where we turn the corner and go onto our amazing run of success and multiple flags.

Please let it be this week.

The sad thing is that I think I have written this exact same post 2 or 3 times already this century.

Bounce the ball ffs

FMD, the woodsman has gone. What the F happened?
Phillip Jeffries transformed into a giant machine like tea pot.
What happened to you ?

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F485047%2F841895a2-8747-4e14-9bf0-04b3d6c7b672.jpg

to this

Arrow to ?

Last edited:
I keep thinking back to a game at Princes Park when Carlton absolutely destroyed a young Brisbane team.

To my mind, that was the catalyst for Brisbane to go onto a spectacular dynasty.

I keep waiting for the week after Carlton's latest thrashing where we turn the corner and go onto our amazing run of success and multiple flags.

Please let it be this week.

The sad thing is that I think I have written this exact same post 2 or 3 times already this century.
I know that feeling...don’t worry it’ll happen

I think we are a chance. I look at the demographics of our side and can't see it but something says to me we are a real chance. A win with this side would be a massive boost to the group

Go Blues
I think it’s more about their team Soap. No lynch means we could be 6 goals closer. But I agree, we could be in this (why do I keep doing this to myself).

Go Blues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back