Autopsy vs WBD - Rd 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Should we ne worried how easy our game plan can be picked apart??

I don't think so. I mean today it feels like everything is awful because of what we had to watch yesterday.

But almost every team has tried to do that to us all year and we're 11-9 on the season with (hopefully) some outside run on the way during trade eon.

Nice work as usual, Rick.

Are you planning to keep posting on the off season?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

That's the plan, I guess less often and more reacting to news (trades, drafts, etc) given there'll be less going on. And potentially doing AFLW too.

“Show some hunger or I’ll find players that do,” Craig Bellamy has told his Melbourne Storm side after a poor 17-14 defeat to the Cronulla Shark

We need a new coach or attitude

Yep - its the reason Bellyache and Clarko are elite coaches - if you don't perform you will be dropped

As I said after the Brisbane game...there are a number of reasons why we look a different side to that of the first 10 rounds.

We have seen what North want to do, and what our best looks like. Think back to say, the Hawthorn game at Etihad. We ran from behind, had numbers everywhere, skills looked great because hard running created easier targets etc.
Now, that was never going to be a season long thing as we simply don’t have enough natural runners in our side, it is impossible to do that for an entire season. We don’t have enough versatility in each line to be able to swap around....Yet.
Next season however, you’ll see Davies Uniacke and a much fitter Ahern starting off in the middle with Cunnington. Higgins to start half bank flank and run and over lap, Mountford and Vickers Willis back in and guys like McDonald and Wright gone.
Add in the pace of Hartung, continued improvement of Jed Anderson and then of course, there’s Tarryn Thomas.
Ziebell won’t get out of the forward 50 again, ever!
We have seen what our best looks like, everyone loved it. Nobody was bagging Brad Scott back then.
You will see that round 1-10 form of this season be replicated the whole year in 2019, and I’ve just highlighted some of the basic reasons why
Next season will be the same as this season.

Chockies for 12 rounds, boiled lollies the rest. It's the Scotts pattern.

Not much development of our vfl players means they will get their development in 2019. Unless we can actually attract a few ready made players.

Out of form players will continue to be played, just like they have in every single season he has coached.

You are ******* dreaming bud.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

As I said after the Brisbane game...there are a number of reasons why we look a different side to that of the first 10 rounds.

We have seen what North want to do, and what our best looks like. Think back to say, the Hawthorn game at Etihad. We ran from behind, had numbers everywhere, skills looked great because hard running created easier targets etc.
Now, that was never going to be a season long thing as we simply don’t have enough natural runners in our side, it is impossible to do that for an entire season. We don’t have enough versatility in each line to be able to swap around....Yet.
Next season however, you’ll see Davies Uniacke and a much fitter Ahern starting off in the middle with Cunnington. Higgins to start half bank flank and run and over lap, Mountford and Vickers Willis back in and guys like McDonald and Wright gone.
Add in the pace of Hartung, continued improvement of Jed Anderson and then of course, there’s Tarryn Thomas.
Ziebell won’t get out of the forward 50 again, ever!
We have seen what our best looks like, everyone loved it. Nobody was bagging Brad Scott back then.
You will see that round 1-10 form of this season be replicated the whole year in 2019, and I’ve just highlighted some of the basic reasons why

One problem with all that. Even if our form is nowhere near first half of the season, it was still good enough for a 28 point lead against a very average side yesterday. And given what was at stake, to dish out that crap in the third quarter shows a disturbing mental weakness (also on show in Brisbane) that goes far beyond the lack of energy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is a systemic problem.

Schmidt cannot bounce the ball, has a strike rate of maybe 1 in 5.

I don't care that it is tradition I'd prefer fair.

It is an absolute nonsense that he(or others like him) be allowed to continue to bounce the ball for nothing but their own ego.
And Razor Ray routinely struggles to get it above head high :rolleyes:

Next season will be the same as this season.

Chockies for 12 rounds, boiled lollies the rest. It's the Scotts pattern.

Not much development of our vfl players means they will get their development in 2019. Unless we can actually attract a few ready made players.

Out of form players will continue to be played, just like they have in every single season he has coached.

You are ******* dreaming bud.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com” mobile app
“Not much development from our VFL players”.
Like Ahern and Larkey?

One problem with all that. Even if our form is nowhere near first half of the season, it was still good enough for a 28 point lead against a very average side yesterday. And given what was at stake, to dish out that crap in the third quarter shows a disturbing mental weakness (also on show in Brisbane) that goes far beyond the lack of energy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Absolutely agree with this. On the positive side, last year we lost every game that was decided by less than a goal, whereas this year we've won at least 3 or 4 that I can recall. We've definitely had some improvement in the mental area when the game is on the line. Where we are mentally soft is in giving up leads which we should be able to hang onto and taking the foot off the throat. We're about as ruthless as a kitten in a toilet paper commercial.
For the first half yesterday we were a long way above the Bulldogs. They had no key forwards who could mark the ball, we had 3. We were tackling and chasing and they had no space to work in. They were bombing it into their forward line and our defenders were intercept marking with ease. Goldy was putting it down blokes' throats at the stoppages and marking around the ground. The scoreline flattered them for most of the first half because we couldn't score. When we eventually did they couldn't stop us.
Then at halftime they completely changed their gameplan, decided not to let us have the ball, and we did nothing. We just let them do what they wanted. It was abysmal and insipid. So mentally soft!

“Not much development from our VFL players”.
Like Ahern and Larkey?
I'm talking about getting senior footy into our listed vfl players that have knocked the door down.

Ahern yes

Larkey no
McKay no
Neilson no
Hibberd no
Mountford no
Preuss no
Hayden no

At stages of this season, most of them players have deserved a game or two in the 1s, especially given the putrid form of some senior players that Scott's simply will not drop.

I'm talking about getting senior footy into our listed vfl players that have knocked the door down.

Ahern yes

Larkey no
McKay no
Neilson no
Hibberd no
Mountford no
Preuss no
Hayden no

At stages of this season, most of them players have deserved a game or two in the 1s, especially given the putrid form of some senior players that Scott's simply will not drop.

But as with the case with Ahern, he’s leaving them in the VFL to learn our system (which is something we can all do now) so they can come straight into the side and play a role.
We’ll see more come through next year. Think Waite retires and Larkey gets his chance, for example

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But as with the case with Ahern, he’s leaving them in the VFL to learn our system (which is something we can all do now) so they can come straight into the side and play a role.
We’ll see more come through next year. Think Waite retires and Larkey gets his chance, for example
How many 2s games did Ahern need to learn the system? 2-3?

McKay and Neilson especially have kicked the door down, in fact, they have kicked the s**t out of about 10 doors in the last 3 months whilst lmac, jmac and Wright have played rock, paper, scissors on who was going to spud it up from week to week. Taz has been clearly carrying something whilst thommo hasnt had the best 5-6 weeks.

There were games to be awarded but Scott's only makes forced changes. An absolute blight on his coaching as is his matchday flexibility...

McKay and Neilson especially have kicked the door down, in fact, they have kicked the s**t out of about 10 doors in the last 3 months whilst lmac, jmac and Wright have played rock, paper, scissors on who was going to spud it up from week to week. Taz has been clearly carrying something whilst thommo hasnt had the best 5-6 weeks.

There were games to be awarded but Scott's only makes forced changes. An absolute blight on his coaching as is his matchday flexibility...

He was never throwing kids in as a by product of being in contention most of the season.
In the first half of the year nobody had an issue with virtually yesterday’s side, now we look as though we’re finally done for the year the baggers come out and wonder why changes weren’t made

Learning our system? Surely the day the VFL side managed no goals in 4 quarters of football was the day they all graduated.

The issue is when our midfield is on top and pressuring the opposition, the ball doesn't come down cleanly, allowing our defenders to pick it off. See the Weagles game in Tasmania, they were not able to get any run whatsoever, and our defence was rock solid.

However against quick running sides (Essendon, Dogs, Collingwood, even Brisbane) we are unable to slow their run and our (and most other sides) defense is horribly exposed, resulting in easy scores against.

What we need is quicker mids / ball carriers who can also pressure opposition to stop the quick transition into our defense. One or two quality small forwards wouldn't hurt either.

I agree that McKay has been in form and probably deserves a chance, but bringing him in would not have made a difference, particularly in those games we lost. Nielson was injured early on and I don't think has really found sufficient form yet. Murphy looks like a prospect but is he best 22 yet? And neither BMac or Nielsen add any pace or run.

Remember first half of the season we were first or second in lowest points conceded? When our midfield started to struggle mid year this then began to blow out.

Our problems are not simply our defense - they go much deeper and more widespread than that - and to single them out is wrong.

I'm not sure whose defense would have stopped goals in some of those games the way the ball was coming in.

No
It is because the Hawks have coaches that know how to develop young players
Also they expect them to get better
The whole club culture at Hawthorn is about getting better and winning

None of that at North under the crap coaching and club culture fostered under Scott

A GC supporter who is only ever up and about when he gets a hard-on due to a North loss.

F*** off, loser.

3. North Melbourne

Blew a five-goal lead and maybe a finals spot against a team that had every right to raise the white flag only three games from the end of the season. Instead, it was North Melbourne that raised the flag. It was an opportunity lost. The midfield, which has earned plaudits this year, was swept aside by Lachie Hunter (44 disposals), Jack Macrae (40), Caleb Daniel (40) and Marcus Bontempelli (35 and two goals). Let’s be brutal, how do three players on the same team have 40 disposals in a game? Talk about being lazy, Billy, this was pathetic from the Kangaroos midfield.

Robbo's been reading Bigfooty again

I’m telling you it’s a crock of s**t.

I was 5 meters away and could clearly see he was severely winded.

Spud is watching it on TV and has NFI if he was winded or not?

In what world does an AFL player just lay on the ground when the ball is right next to him?

Anyone that believes the word of a simpleton like spud needs to have their head read.

Marley Williams is that last player people should be accusing of being a cat.

Spot on Roosurgence. And let's everyone remember this is the guy who took a knock last year and then sat on the field putting his own shoulder back in before getting up and playing on.

I was worried he'd re-injured his back, or popped a rib, or hurt a kidney the way he reacted last night. But not for one second did I doubt he was in real pain. That's just not how he goes about it. And I'm a bit ashamed that some team supporters are showing a lack of trust in his character.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back