Prediction Changes for final (finally..) round vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Bullshit that Ballas didn't get dropped

Worst game I've ever seen

I can't believe he's playing on next year. Baring that I'm happy with the changes.
He's the new love child.

Why was Banfield dropped? Why did Walters play last week when he had a hamstring injury?

Not all pain is able to be detected on a scan. That doesn't mean that there is nothing there that needs to be treated or diagnosed. Most possibly it's a precursor to something going really wrong eventually ends up torn.

He's the new love child.

Why was Banfield dropped? Why did Walters play last week when he had a hamstring injury?

Not all pain is able to be detected on a scan. That doesn't mean that there is nothing there that needs to be treated or diagnosed. Most possibly it's a precursor to something going really wrong eventually ends up torn.

It's like why was B Hill put back on the field when he did his knee? Then he had a really long time out for rehab

Blakey did his shoulder last year and placed back on the ground to do his shoulder again.

Pretty clear that Lyon plays player politics. Locker room factions - Ballas is one of the few remaining of the old crew. Obviously has some sorta influence over someone Ross doesn't want to piss off.

It’s coaching 101; don’t play favourites.

Maybe we need his experience and leadership in the forward line to show the young ones how to get the ball and kick some majors? :rolleyes: :p

Giro needs a big preseason in his arms so he can stick a tackle, Ballas can atleast hold tackles and we need to get our tackling pressure up so we don't get trounced by 133 points again.

Giro is a part of the future just give him some time.

Does anyone who got dropped qualify for Peel finals btw?

We are selection tanking surely de goey , Thomas , Hoskins Elliot and Stephenson and you drop the only lock down mid size defender we have ?
Only possible explanation is not leaving anything to chance in the Doggies / Tigers game margin wise

I'm not totally against but geez Rosco must feel more confident than he should to be risking another blow out if that's the reasoning

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s coaching 101; don’t play favourites.

Maybe we need his experience and leadership in the forward line to show the young ones how to get the ball and kick some majors? :rolleyes: :p
Don't think that it is about 'playing favourites'. Ross doesn't strike me as that simple a person.

I know he spuds it up but ballas is the only experienced player in the forward 50.

In essence he is their to direct the kids where to run. That is the only reason he gets a game.

I know he spuds it up but ballas is the only experienced player in the forward 50.

In essence he is their to direct the kids where to run. That is the only reason he gets a game.

Nah but apparently Ross & Mundy need to be teaching the kids forward craft and directing in play.

And apparently Ballantyne doesn't know who Michael Johnson is either.

Also apparently Matera is miles ahead of Ballantyne and is a very capable leader at 26.

Apparently Walters isn't actually injured.

And apparently 2nd Gamer Switty thought he would be fine with Grey.

That and his attempted hit on Gaffe his main contributions this year.

I am usually a positive person on this board, especially after freo plays its game after a heavy defeat.

But I am p***ed with our changes.

I have defended Ballantyne to the hilt. But 4 disposals after that cats game, he should of been dropped.

Banfield and Giro dropped? That is fair enough. They are both 1st year players. Banfield has played 20 games, Giro has played 10. Both blokes have done well despite both being on he rookie list.

If you are going to dump Giro and Banfield, give 2 other blokes a debut Such North, Meek, Strnadica or Dixon.

Oh and With Tabs, McCarthy and cox in the forward line.

I like what one of you Freo chaps said. Our new nick name of our trio. Of Tabs, McCarthy and Cox: Run TMC

RUN TMC MOTHER F*****S!:D

I am usually a positive person on this board, especially after freo plays its game after a heavy defeat.

I have defended Ballantyne to the hilt. But 4 disposals after that cats game, he should of been dropped.

Banfield and Giro dropped? That is fair enough. They are both 1st year players. Banfield has played 20 games, Giro has played 10. Both blokes have done well despite both being on he rookie list.

If you are going to dump Giro and Banfield, give 2 other blokes a debut Such North, Meek, Strnadica or Dixon.

I like what one of you Freo chaps said. Our new nick name of our trio. Of Tabs, McCarthy and Cox: Run TMC

Wait until you see ' Gay pr0n ' in the forward 50

Dixon Cox and Nads

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nyhuis needs one more game to qualify for WAFL finals. You can see the reason but geez I hope he gets a contract , There will be a lot of pissed of punters if he doesnt..
I thought to be eligible, one had to play 5 total and at least 3 games after june 30th. WAFL records show he only played 1 game after the 30th unless they got it wrong and he has played another?

Definitely agree. Last game of the season. Play Dixon, Strnadica. Give them a debut and go into pre season knowing what they require at this level. But no we play a massively out of form 32 year old who hasn't played his best since 2014. And we're rebuilding.

Hard to fathom. Coming off a 130+ point loss. Who cares for leadership? Matera is old enough, Gray has been in the system plus coaching AFLW. The 'Experinced, leadership' is bs if you can't even produce the good yourself.
4 disposals last week. Averaging 11 disposals and a paltry 2 tackles for the season. Two. His pressure is overrated and not the same standard. Plus 3 marks. There's nothing to suggest that he ll improve next season. It's damning.

What's hard to witness is Mayne has gone impressively well this season, probably will do a job on Sheridan/Tucker and show them what's workrate is all about. And he's 29. Kudos to him, changed his career around. Now his pressure is something we sorely miss, not Ballas' unfortunately

I have had next to zero emotion about all things Freo the last half of this year but a couple of these selections have triggered me.
How the **** Balla’s Stays in has me beat. He was beyond woeful last week and his form line over the past month/s has been similarly pathetic (bar one half decent showing).

Irrespective of how well Nyhuis played last week, we drop him and retain the slow dinosaur in Jhonno ? WTF ? Against a plethora of speedy mid-sized flanker/forwards ????

Am I getting confused or has Ross said previously there is no place for sentiment in football ....

We trot out our worst performance in the history of the club all the while steadfastly maintaining this ‘rebuild’ narrative; so what does the club do the next week ?
Yep, drops Nyhuis over Jhonno.

FMD
It is Johnno's fairwell game which is probably the only reason he is playing. I personally think that is fair enough.

It is Johnno's fairwell game which is probably the only reason he is playing. I personally think that is fair enough.

Agreed, for the sake of one game i think it is appropriate that we show proper respect.

It seems pretty clear cut that DP made the decision himself not to have a farewell which is extraordinarily classy. Or maybe he watched Saturday and though "nah * that s**t".......... equally possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back