Preview AFL 2018 - Preliminary Final - Richmond v Collingwood, MCG, Fri Sept 21st, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a ******* match up. I love a big prelim in Melbourne. Can't beat a Friday night speccy at the G. Getting the feel Richmond might win by under a kick in a similar way the Pies edged Hawks in that 2011 encounter. Saints-Dogs in 2009 another nail biter. I hope it's tight, tough and low scoring like that one. It's funny because for a while I envisioned Richmond spanking anyone they met in the Prelim, even the Pies for the first few days after it was confirmed. So often the case your first thought it usually the correct one. I hope I'm wrong.

Anyway loving the build up, passion and excitement from both sets of fans and the football world and we have two cracking prelim's to look forward too. ******* great time of year.

BAAAAANNNNGGG!!!!!!!
I’ve never experienced a close final involving Richmond, don’t think I could handle it. In fact if it’s close with 3 mins to go I’ll most likely leave and find out who won by the theme song belting out as I walk away. If it’s tigers I’ll run back in and if it’s pies I’ll run the other way lol

I’ve never experienced a close final involving Richmond, don’t think I could handle it. In fact if it’s close with 3 mins to go I’ll most likely leave and find out who won by the theme song belting out as I walk away. If it’s tigers I’ll run back in and if it’s pies I’ll run the other way lol
It's definitely not good for your health...I felt physically ill after the drawn grand final!

Leon Baker playing his first or second game. Townsend played his first game since early in the season (forget last year, barely touched it this season) and Ellis, yes somewhat unlucky to be dropped.
Houli is a massive player for us and gives us so much drive, Conca and Graham are the hard nuts who lead our tackling and pressure acts. No stars granted but they are good roll players. Graham kicked 3 goals and kept Sloane to 6 touches in the last half in the GF, and kicked 3 in the first Q against the Dogs just two weeks ago.

Yes, yes, and we had 3 first year players + another 2 with less than 10 games and Howe out injured early in the game.

Pretty sure most of the people saying we have/had injuries are Tigers supporters though.

No doubt about it,but gez your in a preliminary now still harping on we had injuries then missing a few all clubs do.Those injuries gave you a chance blood a few new kids.

Yes, yes, and we had 3 first year players + another 2 with less than 10 games and Howe out injured early in the game.

Everyone needs to stop looking at the last game as it meant nothing. Forecast forward lads!

1. Pies to put in a good effort in the first half.
2. Cox to hurt the Pies in the second half when the Tigers starting running all over them
3. Tigs pressure to shake the Pies
4. Tigs backline to strong for the Pies forwards/De Goey to have a stinker
5. TIGS
6. BACK2BACK

#tigsby6goals

I assumed you were referring to the lack of football played, hence your reference to the Bombers in 90. Just saying it had zero effect last year and in the end was a bonus because we were fresh. Cant see anything different this time around.
Yes, both us and Adelaide won last year off the extended breaks, but I reckon the jury is still out on whether its an advantage, a disadvantage, or no different. Not enough data yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness and no smart ass comments does anyone give us a realistic chance of winning tomorrow. Fair enough if no, just curious.
Yes. I give you a 30-40% chance. Just based of gut feeling.

So really what does it mean? That more people expect the Tigers to win? Of course they do and rightfully so. Does it mean the Pies have no hope at all? No it doesn’t. Favourites get rolled all the time.

I don’t know if anyone really cares what the odds suggest because it has no influence on the result at all.
Maybe go back up the comment chain.
One of your fellow supporters said if Collingwood win it will be the biggest finals upset ever. I pointed out that it 2 Dogs wins in 2016 were bigger upsets.

I’ve never experienced a close final involving Richmond, don’t think I could handle it.
Be glad you don't follow the Pies.:( I think we have been in more close losses in finals than any club. Tiger fans have been spoiled and have not been tested in the terrifying cauldron of a final going down to the final minute. Try a minute to go and Stephen Milne is swooping on a loose ball in the goal square. Try seeing two drawn GF's when your team was comfortably ahead in both games. Try losing a granny with a tap in from the boundary when it looked to be over the line (1979). Try losing a granny in the last minute when you were seven goals up at halftime (1970). Try losing a granny when a backpocket snaps a goal out of his arse in the last minute after disobeying an explicit order from his coach (Norm Smith) who was so incensed that he refused to congratulate the player (Compton) for winning the flag because of his flagrant disobedience (1964). Try losing a granny you were considered to have no chance in even being competitive and you are ahead with ten minutes to go only to see two shocking decisions cost you the flag (2002). Try losing a granny by a point with a wayward kick and have the siren sound moments after your last forward thrust (1966). I still think Podsiadly's shoulder injury cost us the 2011 because we had their Pods completely covered and Geelong went small.That's just GF's. I could write a book about preliminary and semi finals. I've seen us lose 11 in my lifetime and we were in with a big chance in most of them. That's why Tiger fans talk of suffering makes me laugh. Suffering is losing ultra close grand finals. Not playing finals is frustrating and demoralizing-very different emotions.

Only the next one. What each team has done until now is irrelevant. They are both at their home ground playing for a spot in the grand final.

Thats the whole point of my sarcasm bazzar. You selected it precisely because its a window that makes your record superior. But by the same token we could say "since 1981", and then pies have the upper hand. Its all just meaningless spin.
Meaningless spin is claiming to be close after 2 losses totalling 12 goals.

In all seriousness and no smart ass comments does anyone give us a realistic chance of winning tomorrow. Fair enough if no, just curious.
Yep - pies are a big chance - Tiges obvious favs but I dont think the bookies have it quite right. Tiges look most vunerable when teams take contested or intercept marks against them - so if Howe and Cox (and any of DeGoey, Hoskin Elliot or other marking mid/fwd) have big games it'll be very close

Everyone needs to stop looking at the last game as it meant nothing. Forecast forward lads!

1. Pies to put in a good effort in the first half.
2. Cox to hurt the Pies in the second half when the Tigers starting running all over them
3. Tigs pressure to shake the Pies
4. Tigs backline to strong for the Pies forwards/De Goey to have a stinker
5. TIGS
6. BACK2BACK

#tigsby6goals
Such a contradiction. As mentioned, stop looking at the past! :p

The EF against North in 2015 was close. Sheds was denied an obvious free kick that might have pinched it for us too. No doubt you've wiped that from your memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back