Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayley Fritsch just got dropped by the Dees.

Maybe we can win this trade after all ;)

Hopefully PAFC66 can stop melting about how we traded Watts for a superstar of the competition now.

Hopefully PAFC66 can stop melting about how we traded Watts for a superstar of the competition now.

He'll just got back to suggesting the club will fold and our crowds will immediately drop to 2011 levels because we're trading some players.

More grist for the mill to back up Lycett leaving West Coast. West Coast have given Tom Hickey a medical pointing at a possible move to replace Lycett. They have also been in discussions with Jordan Roughhead. The attached afl article lists a good number of other possible ruck moves that are being touted.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-20/exclusive-big-saint-hickey-has-medical-with-eagles

West Coast only have picks 20, 35, 68, 71 and 89(at this point) so may have to dig into future picks, trade players or start low in the draft.

If Gaff leaves as a free agent then they should get first round compo but that could be 18 or higher. And compo for Lycett should be second round, which should mean 35-37.
Don’t you only get compo for one f/a?

Surely they will match Gaff and force a trade.

Tingles after Preuss? Adelaidenow story.
I'm not sure why we haven't asked that question since we're already dealing with North or have we committed to Lycett.

the 2014 gloss and flag hope is definitely off Port and Hinkley, unless you're a club break glass need and score a long term cushy paycheque (Lycett), we are no longer a destination club, hits home when Steven May and Aaron Hall don't even look in your direction. let alone a Shiel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The word is lycett is coming to us on a reasonable contract isn’t it.

Melters wanna melt.
And (I know I'll get panned for it), he is a Ports boy getting good finals experience.

Pruess is a dinosaur like Jacob's who can only play as a #1 ruck.

It locks the Crows into the same inflexibility that prevents them from going to the next level. They have too many forwards that can only play forward, rucks who can only ruck and defenders who can only defend.

Lycett can play forward and ruck as can Ryder and add flexibility and allow rotations without losing structure.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I'd take Preuss before Lycett. He fills the need, has marginally less ability, but will cost far less than Lycett, and in reality Lycett doesn't deserve the huge contract he's going to get.

I don’t know how we compare the two.

Preuss has played about a dozen AFL games and been playing VFL. Lycett is playing regular AFL.

How do you realistically compare a players AFL form against VFL form.

I'd take Preuss before Lycett. He fills the need, has marginally less ability, but will cost far less than Lycett, and in reality Lycett doesn't deserve the huge contract he's going to get.

You'll take the player with less ability because he'd get paid less? Seriously?

Counterpoint: We have to trade something for Preuss, we don't have to trade anything for Lycett. Do we value draft picks over salary cap space? Especially when the guy who'll take up more salary cap space is a better footballer, and unlike Preuss has a proven ability to co-exist with another ruckman.

Most weeks I'll usually watch Footy Classified, Marngrook and the Front Bar. This week haven't watched any of them. A combination of of Ports/Hinkley and the absolute Richmond/Collingwood Fapfest/ Melbourne Fairy tale has just seriously put me off. Watched The Front Bar for 2 minutes last night and switched over to Googlebox. GOOGLEBOX FFS! I don't think I've ever been this disillusioned or out of love with the game.

Most weeks I'll usually watch Footy Classified, Marngrook and the Front Bar. This week haven't watched any of them. A combination of of Ports/Hinkley and the absolute Richmond/Collingwood Fapfest/ Melbourne Fairy tale has just seriously put me off. Watched The Front Bar for 2 minutes last night and switched over to Googlebox. GOOGLEBOX FFS! I don't think I've ever been this disillusioned or out of love with the game.

Jets vs Cleveland starts soon.

Don’t you only get compo for one f/a?

Surely they will match Gaff and force a trade.

They will get compo for both, remember when free agency started and we got compo for both Troy Chaplin and Danyle Pearce? The question is net loss. If they pick up a free agent to replace Lycet for instance then they may get no compo for him. The net loss is based on the deemed points for each player.
As to the other, yes I would expect them to match Gaff, this could make the Polec trade interesting and hopefully bring St Kilda with pick 3 into it.
Note : I have no info of this, I am just speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back