Review 2018 PAFC Membership Survey

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Anyone else do the 2018 PAFC On Line Membership Survey ?

I would be interested in the points others made.

I wrote a fair bit mainly on-

• My dissatisfaction with some Board decisions e.g reappointing Hinkley in 2017.
  • My dissatisfaction with the great 2019 fade out.
  • The boring ultra defensive game plan.
  • Too much community involvement at the expense of on field results.

This was an opportunity for the PAFC Membership to express it's views. It may only go as far as the Membership Department but it is worth a try in the hope that KT and the Board get a look at the data gathered.

Full marks to the Club for seeking our opinion, let's hope that someone takes note.

Anyone else do the 2018 PAFC On Line Membership Survey ?

I would be interested in the points others made.

I wrote a fair bit mainly on-

• My dissatisfaction with some Board decisions e.g reappointing Hinkley in 2017.
  • My dissatisfaction with the great 2019 fade out.
  • The boring ultra defensive game plan.
  • Too much community involvement at the expense of on field results.
Very similar to mine. Besides the negative '0-10' responses in many areas:

I went on about the re-appointment of Hinkley. I said I've been a platinum member since 1998 and sat through our s**t period (with that being SANFL inflicted mostly), where as this was self-inflicted insanity, repeating the Choco mistake less than a decade later, to stop some s**t reply along the lines of 'But remember 2012!'.

I also said drop the 'and make our community proud' bit, although fully supporting the community work itself. Remove it as a cover for s**t on-field performances though.

And finished up their what can be done short of winning games to improve my experience with, A game plan that recognises needing tall forwards over overloading the defense. And playing the next tall forward / ruck when an injury occurs, not another defender to compensate.

Has anybody else not received the survey? The one year I feel compelled to provide feedback and nothing in the in box.

I got the survey email yesterday around the same time other people got the email about the new coaches, then I got the coaches email a few hours after that. I can understand physical mail-outs being staggered, but it's odd that emails get to people at different times o_O

Mine was incredibly negative

Snap. I kept thinking, should I be more positive? Then I thought no, call it as you see it. I think most of input will be extremely negative.

I was surprised at the number of Game Day things I had no knowledge of. I did not know there was a U Bet caravan somewhere in the AO surrounds. Then again with the cost of everything at AO it would probably cost $4.00 to place a $2.00 bet.

I got the survey email yesterday around the same time other people got the email about the new coaches, then I got the coaches email a few hours after that. I can understand physical mail-outs being staggered, but it's odd that emails get to people at different times o_O

Yeah, you gotta understand it takes longer for an e-mail to reach Perth. Get with the science of it all GD, get with the science. :)

I emphasised that I am happy with the community stuff but that it was contingent upon football performance.
Also indicated that treating the support base as fools with spin, particularly when we were 11-4 during the season, just did not cut it, when we were obviously just a facade of a football team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got it but didn't even look at it because I can't begin to see the point of doing it. The again I never do see the point of them. We're a footy club so did we win the GF? Yes, then I'm happy. No, then I'm unhappy.
There are various grades of unhappiness, maybe that's what they want to know about. Are we 2007 GF-level humiliated? Are we 2011/2 level on-field and off-field crapulous? Are we 2014 level sad but proud but then sad again after missing out on a GF by a kick? And so on.

I got it but didn't even look at it because I can't begin to see the point of doing it. The again I never do see the point of them. We're a footy club so did we win the GF? Yes, then I'm happy. No, then I'm unhappy.
There are various grades of unhappiness, maybe that's what they want to know about. Are we 2007 GF-level humiliated? Are we 2011/2 level on-field and off-field crapulous? Are we 2014 level sad but proud but then sad again after missing out on a GF by a kick? And so on.

If you didn't bother to look at it how do you know it isn't worth doing?

I found the question about what success in China looks like a bit perplexing. The club should have the nous to set the expectations on what is successful or not, otherwise, the membership base will be expecting 1 billion new members.

i saw this on twitter and realised every club probably got this today

DoEk1JtUYAAx4EC.jpg

it's literally an AFL survey. replace "the Geelong Cats" with "the Port Adelaide" (pretty sure ours actually says the Port Adelaide in a couple spots)

I found the question about what success in China looks like a bit perplexing. The club should have the nous to set the expectations on what is successful or not, otherwise, the membership base will be expecting 1 billion new members.

they probably ask so the club can sell the good news to us in the 'right' way next year so we stay happy, so they know what we consider good news

they probably ask so the club can sell the good news to us in the 'right' way next year so we stay happy, so they know what we consider good news

Yeah, this appears to be their intention. I'd prefer if I saw more leadership from the club (i.e. set expectations) instead of the equivalent of a focus group (a fundamentally flawed process).

i saw this on twitter and realised every club probably got this today

DoEk1JtUYAAx4EC.jpg

it's literally an AFL survey. replace "the Geelong Cats" with "the Port Adelaide" (pretty sure ours actually says the Port Adelaide in a couple spots)

Kochie be like.......

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back