Traded Rory Lobb [traded with #14, #43 and #47 to Fremantle for #11 and #19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo supposedly telling Brisbane they want a mid teens/late first for Neale (as well as 5) to then pass on for Lobb.

Seems fair, thoughts?

Yep I am sure Tendai Mzungu and Matt Deboer have been serviceable at GWS. They were at freo
Mzungu was injury plagued in his last year. De Boer has made himself an important spoke
in the wheel that is our team. Will stay in our leadership group no doubt.

We will be looking to draft 6 players this year it seems. Depending on other trades I can see 23 being held for one of them.

In previous years we had a reducing list and were very much focussed on quality rather than quantity. Last year was the first time we've really had to extract value from late rounds. De Boer the exception. Adrian Caruso did a great job with all 4 draftees playing games. Bonar, Taylor, Daniel's and Zac Langdon. Langdon walked straight into our best 22 from pick 56.

Has Lobb officially asked to be traded to Freo? Given they’re stuffing him around I wonder if Saints could convince him? Personally want him at the club - would solve a few issues.

Has Lobb officially asked to be traded to Freo? Given they’re stuffing him around I wonder if Saints could convince him? Personally want him at the club - would solve a few issues.

Are we sure Freo are stuffing him around? It’s really hard to believe a lot of media info in the past 24 hours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swap pick 4 with Adelaide 8,16 and 16 get it done for Lobb and get one of the king brother at 8 .

Freo supposedly telling Brisbane they want a mid teens/late first for Neale (as well as 5) to then pass on for Lobb.

Seems fair, thoughts?

Pick 5 in this year's draft is highly sought after.

Asking for another first round pick (which they don't have) is a bit rich.

I thought 5 and 24 was about fair, but 24 is gone now.

Maybe 5 and 32 with an exchange of future picks or something. 5 alone could possibly net and 13 from the Crows.

You dropped Mdb.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I was upset when freo got rid of some experienced players at the end of 2016. Barlow would of hen kept for one more year. He would of been a free Agent in 2017. Matt De Boer got crap on the freo board. Sure he averaged round 13-16 disposals a game and butchered every 2nd kick, but he protected the main mids, in which he is doing at GWS.

Suban had the occasional 2-3 goal game but meh. Clancee Pearce was an outside mid at got around 15 disposals a game too.
Mzungu was injury plagued in his last year. De Boer has made himself an important spoke
in the wheel that is our team. Will stay in our leadership group no doubt.

We will be looking to draft 6 players this year it seems. Depending on other trades I can see 23 being held for one of them.

In previous years we had a reducing list and were very much focussed on quality rather than quantity. Last year was the first time we've really had to extract value from late rounds. De Boer the exception. Adrian Caruso did a great job with all 4 draftees playing games. Bonar, Taylor, Daniel's and Zac Langdon. Langdon walked straight into our best 22 from pick 56.
Mzungu was already 31. don't know why you go him. De Boer was 26/27. As I said, not the best player, he was a role player. His role was to protect the gun mids.

Pick 5 in this year's draft is highly sought after.

Asking for another first round pick (which they don't have) is a bit rich.

I thought 5 and 24 was about fair, but 24 is gone now.

Maybe 5 and 32 with an exchange of future picks or something. 5 alone could possibly net and 13 from the Crows.
If Neale played for Melbourne and asked for a trade to Brisbane, I have no doubt the media would be saying Neale is worth two first rounders.

I read a report somewhere that stated that with the way Freo are conducting themselves Lobb has cooled.

Certainly Kelly’s management wouldn’t have a bar of it.

I was upset when freo got rid of some experienced players at the end of 2016. Barlow would of hen kept for one more year. He would of been a free Agent in 2017. Matt De Boer got crap on the freo board. Sure he averaged round 13-16 disposals a game and butchered every 2nd kick, but he protected the main mids, in which he is doing at GWS.

Suban had the occasional 2-3 goal game but meh. Clancee Pearce was an outside mid at got around 15 disposals a game too.
Mzungu was already 31. don't know why you go him. De Boer was 26/27. As I said, not the best player, he was a role player. His role was to protect the gun mids.
Mzungu actually played in round 1 2017 to replace Whitfield and was injured in that game, it could have gone differently.

De Boer is no Robert Flower but he plays a very useful role forward rotating in the midfield. It happens that players gel in a new team sometimes, maybe where their qualities are more needed.

I read a report somewhere that stated that with the way Freo are conducting themselves Lobb has cooled.

Certainly Kelly’s management wouldn’t have a bar of it.
lol you act as if the clubs dont talk to the managment of these players im sure we have told gws that we will do evrything in our power to get them a top 20 pick and if we cant then they will prob settle for pick 23 on the last day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back