AFL Autopsy JLT 2: 28 point loss to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

That was ten minutes after he posted 😂 he jinxed him!!

Me after the Carlton loss

ConcernedWarmAntbear-size_restricted.gif

And me finding out that Hookers injured again

giphy.gif

Should be close to full strength team here - hopefully something like;-

Francis Hartley McKenna
Ridley Hurley Saad
Smith Heppell McGrath
Tippa Brown Laverde
Stringer Daniher Fanta

Bellcho Shiel ZMerrett

Zakka Langford Parish McKernan
Myers Guelfi Stewart Ambrose

Big game for Hartley & Ambrose now Hooker is injured - not sure they can both play round one.
Same for Brown, McKernan, Stewart and Zach Clarke if he gets a run - can’t fit them all in our round one team....
We really do have good depth now best I can remember for some time

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
EssendonSideJLT2.JPG

Good side. Interesting Brown/Daniher as our key forwards presumably.

Good to see Draper and Ham getting a run. Happy to see Fantasia back.

Not a good sign for Hartley round 1 I reckon (could be reading too much into it)

View attachment 630389

Good side. Interesting Brown/Daniher as our key forwards presumably.

Good to see Draper and Ham getting a run. Happy to see Fantasia back.

Not a good sign for Hartley round 1 I reckon (could be reading too much into it)
Maybe Hartley did enough? Or maybe not.

Compared to the named side I reckon Ridley will spend more time back, Myers on-ball and Brown forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most interesting thing for me is who plays on Tom Hawkins (exact example of a forward that we may struggle against in Hookers absence). The second most interesting thing which we won't know until round 1 is who pairs up with Daniher. I wouldn't be surprised if Brown does win the spot ahead of McKernan, Brown really played well last year and his huge tank is a good weapon. It will also allow us to run with a smaller forward line at times when Daniher is in the ruck and Brown pushes up the ground which could be quite deadly.

I hope our midfield shows a lot more than they did last week in terms of overall competitiveness.

I would have thought that Hartley gets first crack at Hooker's spot. His torps out of defence could clear the centre square with the new kick in rule. It seems Ambrose is preferred.

I would have liked to see more of Brown vs McKernan before making a call on CHF. Looks like they will go with Brown (although I would have gone McKernan)

Looks good. I like the side except Laverde's omission. Hopefully the logic is to prepare him for round 1.

We'll get more of an idea on how we're travelling.

From this team and last week. Starting to get an idea what round 1 will look like...

Francis Hurley Ridley
McKenna Ambrose Saad
Merrett Heppell Zaharakis
Stringer Daniher Smith
Fantasia Brown Tipungwuti
Bellchambers Shiel McGrath
Langford Parish Myers Guelfi

The way I see it

Ham and Dylan Clarke will be out. That makes it 24 id say we will only play 22 maybe 23 with Draper/TBC

Z.Clarke injured so I think theyd want to ease TBC in a little before the real deal. Maybe a half this week, 3 qtrs. next week and then full game R1 against weak GWS. No Smack confirms my thoughts that we will be playing no 2nd ruck with Z.clarke or S.Mckernan. Joey will do the minor chopouts and even Stringer will be useful close to goal with the new ruck rule being able to take the ball out allowing TBC to cover less ground going forward for the stoppages.

From this team and last week. Starting to get an idea what round 1 will look like...

Francis Hurley Ridley
McKenna Ambrose Saad
Merrett Heppell Zaharakis
Stringer Daniher Smith
Fantasia Brown Tipungwuti
Bellchambers Shiel McGrath
Langford Parish Myers Guelfi

This team is spot on. Id think Mcgrath will still play more off a wing than onball whereas Zerrett will be onball.

The huge Question for me is whos the 7th defender? Hopefully Guelfi

Glad weve only picked one of Hartley/Ambrose. Hartley took plenty of kickouts be interesting who replaces them id guess a full game from Mckenna means he takes them and id like to see Francis take plenty more. His 5-10m explosion from the goal square with a 65m kick behind is exactly what can be used to our advantage. Suprised he hasn't been used in JLT1 more for kickouts.

Last edited:
Looks good. I like the side except Laverde's omission. Hopefully the logic is to prepare him for round 1.

We'll get more of an idea on how we're travelling.
Or we're learning not to tempt fate.
Happy to rest him. Jinx team.

Will be interesting to see how we play that ground.
Dont expect a win, but some intensity would be nice.

Hoping my UF draft is over in time for me to catch the game.

Sorry 26 players in squad … 4 get dropped usually to make it 22. I have the feeling our 23rd player will be S.Draper and he will play a qtr/half.

Dylan Clarke, B.Ham will be gone. Draper as the 23rd. Who else gets the flick as the 24th will be interesting

Sorry 26 players in squad … 4 get dropped usually to make it 22. I have the feeling our 23rd player will be S.Draper and he will play a qtr/half.

Dylan Clarke, B.Ham will be gone. Draper as the 23rd. Who else gets the flick as the 24th will be interesting
We're allowed 26 players for JLT games, with a bench of 8, so we won't need to drop anyone before the game tomorrow. We'll just rotate them more and treat the extra bench spots like a substitute, I think that's kind of what you're alluding to? Fantasia is definitely on limited minutes building back up after an injury, not sure who else. Guess Ham being a newbie will be limited minutes as well depending on his endurance at this level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back