Review Round 4 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

As for the first 3 rounds, the pass mark is play hard for all 4 quarters and don't get blown out.

At this point, one bad performance will lose us any respect we have built up over the first 3 rounds.

When we have been competitive and hard to play against for game after game after game (which we have never done), can think about shifting the pass mark.

As for the first 3 rounds, the pass mark is play hard for all 4 quarters and don't get blown out.

At this point, one bad performance will lose us any respect we have built up over the first 3 rounds.

When we have been competitive and hard to play against for game after game after game (which we have never done), can think about shifting the pass mark.
I had us down for 5 wins this season. Exceeding my expectations at the moment. However, we need to realize the core of this team is still so young and are prone to having off days, today could be one of them. Just don't need to eviscerate the team if they turn up the odd lower level performance.

I had us down for 5 wins this season. Exceeding my expectations at the moment. However, we need to realize the core of this team is still so young and are prone to having off days, today could be one of them. Just don't need to eviscerate the team if they turn up the odd lower level performance.
Equally a young group can grow in Leaps and bounds with a bit of confidence.

I have no idea if we will win or lose and like many of my fellow long term Suns tragics I am waiting for the season to turn to s**t but maybe just maybe the group have gelled and are playing for each other and the confidence they have gained will see them flourish.

Equally a young group can grow in Leaps and bounds with a bit of confidence.

I have no idea if we will win or lose and like many of my fellow long term Suns tragics I am waiting for the season to turn to s**t but maybe just maybe the group have gelled and are playing for each other and the confidence they have gained will see them flourish.
Here's hoping, I could deal with a 21-1 season :p

After seeing North get their first win, Melbourne get their first win, a young Richmond beat Port and Geelong and Brisbane lose their first games, I full expect to keep up this round of the ladder evening out and lose.

As long as that United, nothing to lose attitude is still there we are in with a chance. Will be huge if we can get up.

Let's just focus on a win. We have never handled these scenarios of favouritism well. I'm expecting a loss.

It was utterly important we jagged those wins in this opening month though because our draw really gets difficult here. It's very important we got the two Ws that we did.

im expecting the team to compete for at least 3 1/2 qtrs if we get a win fantastic. if we get a win of more then 28 points thats enough to push our percentage over brisbane and would be amazeballs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Building on Peels comparison of where our players were drafted

Harbrow (rookie draft) - Collins (state league) - Balllard (42)
Joyce (rookie draft) - Hombsch (GWS inaugural recruit) - Hanley (95)
Murdoch (48) - Fiorini (20) - Powell (19)
Sexton (88) - Wright (8) - Holman (rookie draft)
Macpherson (rookie draft) - Burgess (state league) - Martin (pick 1 mini draft)

Witts (67) - Miller (29) - Swallow (1)

Lukosius (2) - Ainsworth (3) - Bowes (6) - Miles (rookie draft)

Essentially
6 first rounders
3 second rounders
5 third or later

5 rookie draft
2 state league
Hombsch inaugural listing

Despite the number of high pics we'e had over the years the guys above, many underrated, under recruited, under recognised are the team that has gelled the best we've seen for a while.

Yep pretty much sums up my thoughts as well! I really hope the group has truly gelled and we can start to win back some respect. If we lose today i feel that everything we have worked for in the first 3 weeks would be eroded. There is a big chance we might not get another win for a whilst after this, the draw looks very hard for the next 10+ weeks.

The Swans win last year was totally unexpected considering how we were going with injuries, not running out games, kids etc. The favourite tag was fools gold.
I just get a different feeling this year on a bigger sample size. I still think it's 50/50 but with 7-8 players in the 2's desperate for a game, the pressure to perform has never really been there either. A fast start is again crucial. As Sunny_ said the next 6-7 weeks are the toughest for the year on paper. Need to win these games to keep it rolling.

Yep pretty much sums up my thoughts as well! I really hope the group has truly gelled and we can start to win back some respect. If we lose today i feel that everything we have worked for in the first 3 weeks would be eroded. There is a big chance we might not get another win for a whilst after this, the draw looks very hard for the next 10+ weeks.
It has a 2018 feel about it with our waterpolo win in Cairns and then a Lynch day out v Carlton the next game
Then little joy
But we have to factor in the Commonwealth Games and the fact it was basically a list review year and also that these 3 games so far have been genuine contests

I know everyone is gun-shy after soo many disappointing seasons but we we’re staring down the barrel of a winless year and constant floggings to a young team.

Instead we’ve got a group of young kids who pour their heart into every game. It’s more than any of us expected this year and nearly brought me to tears after the Freo game.

Even if we lose tonight I’m proud of the boys attitude and commitment in 2019 - we don’t deserve a top 8 spot, and we’re probably going to lose a heap of games this year, but for once in as long as I can remember we’re competitive - and that means more than any W/L this year.

It’s a rebuild - win or lose I’m proud if they bring the effort.

I know everyone is gun-shy after soo many disappointing seasons but we we’re staring down the barrel of a winless year and constant floggings to a young team.

Instead we’ve got a group of young kids who pour their heart into every game. It’s more than any of us expected this year and nearly brought me to tears after the Freo game.

Even if we lose tonight I’m proud of the boys attitude and commitment in 2019 - we don’t deserve a top 8 spot, and we’re probably going to lose a heap of games this year, but for once in as long as I can remember we’re competitive - and that means more than any W/L this year.

Nice post.
It was mentioned earlier in the year that our % will be a good guide on our improvement. Think it was Stroppy and he’s spot on.

Nice post.
It was mentioned earlier in the year that our % will be a good guide on our improvement. Think it was Stroppy and he’s spot on.
Spot on mate -

if we lose today our season isn’t ruined - kids will learn a lesson and will be the better for it when we take the cup in a couple of years.

I’m curious as to why you don’t think we deserve a top 8 spot?

I’m curious as to why you don’t think we deserve a top 8 spot?
Just don’t think we’re quite there yet - will know when we start playing the big boys in a few weeks.

That being said I don’t think we’re bottom 4, which is a long way from where I thought at the start of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back