Player Watch Pick #51 (2017) - Kane Farrell

Remove this Banner Ad

He could become an exceptionally good player for us. He’ll have his down games but weve been crying out for someone of his skill on a forward flank. With him, Rozee and Butters running through that forward line, 2-3 years down the track we should be one of the most efficient teams going around

3 goals in his showdown game last year and 3 goals yesterday.
Works hard off the ball, he's faster and a much better kick than #46 yet one is preferred over the other.

Yet both played yesterday. Sam Gray doesn't need to be belted all the time and deserved his spot as much as anyone in recent weeks. We could just talk about Farrell in this thread.

It was great to see Kane take responsibility for taking the set shots on goal in tough conditions and slot them effortlessly. He's a genuine half forward who can play on the wing. And you know if he is within range he will take the shot and most often nail it. His body looks strong and he seems to be even more penetrating in his kicking style.

He is tougher in his play now and appears to be able to get his hands on the ball more, issues he has worked through in the sanfl and definitely justified his recall to the side.

He could become an exceptionally good player for us. He’ll have his down games but weve been crying out for someone of his skill on a forward flank. With him, Rozee and Butters running through that forward line, 2-3 years down the track we should be one of the most efficient teams going around
Tobin Cox might be another to add to that mix as well. I think he has some work to do on his body shape and fitness, but there’s quite a lot to work with there. Small forwards who have an insatiable hunger and affinity for kicking goals are priceless.

Tobin Cox might be another to add to that mix as well. I think he has some work to do on his body shape and fitness, but there’s quite a lot to work with there. Small forwards who have an insatiable hunger and affinity for kicking goals are priceless.
I agree my son is in his 2nd yr of football and loves a goal they are trying to get him to share it around more but i think tempering his hunger for a gl is not such a good idea. Granted he is in u9 and getting all kids involved is the goal. What you guys think lol.

I agree my son is in his 2nd yr of football and loves a goal they are trying to get him to share it around more but i think tempering his hunger for a gl is not such a good idea. Granted he is in u9 and getting all kids involved is the goal. What you guys think lol.
Keep track of his Goal Assists and congratulate him on being such a good team man at the end of the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All that matters is winning. Doesn't matter how haha.

Yet both played yesterday. Sam Gray doesn't need to be belted all the time and deserved his spot as much as anyone in recent weeks. We could just talk about Farrell in this thread.

It was great to see Kane take responsibility for taking the set shots on goal in tough conditions and slot them effortlessly. He's a genuine half forward who can play on the wing. And you know if he is within range he will take the shot and most often nail it. His body looks strong and he seems to be even more penetrating in his kicking style.

He is tougher in his play now and appears to be able to get his hands on the ball more, issues he has worked through in the sanfl and definitely justified his recall to the side.
I was impressed with his game. And as mentioned above, great set shot, but has improved his hardness and looks more aggressive than 2018 version. Lot to like.

I coach u10. Son in his 3rd year. 1st 2 years all about goals...now have some (including my son) that love defense and rebounding off half back. I always comment on defensive efforts first at quarter huddles. Also give bigger boys roles to nullify opposition talent and bigs. They grow in confidence when they beat em. So much fun coaching early years. You see improvement so quickly.

You should just be thankful they are keeping track of goals/scores. .... the trend seems to be to ignore the scoreboard (even though the kids ALWAYS know)

The whole point of the game is to kick goals!

Last year's draft is the gift that just keeps giving.

Be good to see Kane get a nomination this year. Don't use him as a tagging half forward, just let him play to his attacking instincts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back