Autopsy vs Western Bulldogs - end of an era - Rd 10, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

So back to the game for a second. Id like to compare Caleb Daniel's 29 disposals to Jed Anderson's 19 disposals.

Perfect example of why disposals from half back flankers mean absolutely nothing in this game anymore
Bit harsh on Daniel, thought he was very good, but he went to s**t at the end when the game was up for grabs

Only 4 tackles according to the stats. Thought it was a lot more. Got injured but kept going when it was crucial.

Yeah well, I must have seen him strip balls at least 15 times today.

Tackle stats have become pointless.

Whilst the time was right, Scott has given his heart and would for the NMFC. He deserves unconditional respect. His want to win probably hamstrung him IMO. Never truly rebuilt and thus ended up the definition of average in terms of record.

All the best Brad and thanks for many great memories, good and bad.

Lots of emotion around the place at the minute...Kingy expressed an opinion...which is his job...If a member of the media was in part responsible for the demise of a senior afl coach then the club executive should resign now......
Again, their beef isn't because of that opinion.

While it may have poured a bit of gasoline on the flames, the dislike was seeded years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's amazing what a little bit of media cultivated emotion can do to people. I am flat out in Kingy's corner. He actually had the balls to step up when the rest of the media were carrying on that there was no problem.

How close did Brad get to coaching the most games in history without winning a flag?

But......yeah...........it's David King's fault.

****en spare me please.

Any disgruntled player needs to HTFU too. This isn't the Brady Bunch. They are there to WIN. Anything less is failure.

I didn't really have much time for King till this year, that letter actually convinced me he still does love the club. I think the view that he's a media whore is a fair one. Beautifully ironic that some called him as a "left field coaching candidate" in another thread. Burn Hollywood Burn.

Brad was doomed even if Kingy said nothing.

I get that Brad's pissed off. That's only natural. However, it's not a good look if any "taking responsibility" statements follow on its heels.

Loved their fans sooking as we had the best of the umpiring early on. Shown up as a pretty soft, front running lot today. So glad we've seriously dented their finals hopes, makes the win extra sweet!

We actually were way behind in the free kick count all day so we hardly had the best of the umpiring early on! Halfway through the 2nd quarter it was 7 - 1 ffs

It's amazing what a little bit of media cultivated emotion can do to people. I am flat out in Kingy's corner. He actually had the balls to step up when the rest of the media were carrying on that there was no problem.

How close did Brad get to coaching the most games in history without winning a flag?

But......yeah...........it's David King's fault.

****en spare me please.

Any disgruntled player needs to HTFU too. This isn't the Brady Bunch. They are there to WIN. Anything less is failure.

Worth quoting again as spot on.

Those laying into Kingy when we've had a fraud of a coach (nice family man, hard worker, excellent morals etc etc), that Kingy rightly has criticized regularly needs a reality check.

I'd love to hear Duck's (genuine) view. I reckon he would have an even lower opinion than Kingy and would boss Scott if played under his "leadership".

We actually were way behind in the free kick count all day so we hardly had the best of the umpiring early on! Halfway through the 2nd quarter it was 7 - 1 ffs
The sooks can go eat a dick.

If they are blaming that loss in anything other than them being incredibly s**t, then they are delusional.

The sooks can go eat a dick.

If they are blaming that loss in anything other than them being incredibly ****, then they are delusional.

We should have won by 10 goals.

I don’t agree with Kingy. He called Scott a visitor. What a s**t thing to say about a bloke who had been at the club for 10 years.

Kingy must have been a visitor at Richmond, or maybe the word I’m looking for is s**t campaigner.

There must be a reason he has never gotten another assistant job.

I didn't really have much time for King till this year, that letter actually convinced me he still does love the club. I think the view that he's a media whore is a fair one. Beautifully ironic that some called him as a "left field coaching candidate" in another thread. Burn Hollywood Burn.

How long has it been since he was an assistant at Richmond? There was good buzz around him at the time but he is not even on the second page of candidates for the coaching position. i think he would be reasonable in the football GM role though. Could he be our Balmey?

Bit of an emotional roller coaster night, but what a fantastic win. Goldy of old in the last Quarter (well, all the way through, really!), Higgo returning to the silver service - Larkey's goal on the run, Jasper bursting through that pack, Jed literally superhuman throwing himself back in again and again when it looked like he was so tired he could barely stand, a crucial run-down tackle from Marley, courage from our Captain right down to the dying seconds, 3(!!) goals from Wood, actual paying of frees for BBB being held - that one in particular where Trengrove got kneed by his own teammate and went down as he was holding BBB's arms- karma dealt right there! I gave a little yessss! at that one!

Tarryn freaking Thomas on The Bont!! Oh my god, best thing ever. Speaking of karma, there may have been a little for Lindsay in there..

Loved the way we surged back in the last Quarter. So proud of the boys, and feeling really optimistic about this bunch for the future. They're made of a lot stronger stuff than they get given credit for on here. Been through quite the journey this last 6 months, with Maj, and now with losing their coach, who, for many of them, has been the only one they've known. They conducted themselves with absolute grace and purity of spirit tonight.

And Ben Cunnington, you are a giant of a human being, disguised as a humble footballer. And you haven't given many, but you've got this interview thing nailed, AND you've given me my new favourite player quote:

"I don't live in the social media world." - Ben Cunnington.

Bring on the new chapter. And thank you Brad. You did a lot that was really good for us.

Go Roos!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back