Review Walters gets a point to beat Brisbane, we all collectively get wood - Rd 10, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

... think you've been reading too much tabloid media. This game was about 4 points for both teams. The Neale sideshow was built up by the media but was always irrelevant in real terms.

I disagree - didn’t you observe Fyfe constantly ‘having a word ‘ to his good mate? At the end of the game, when the Freo and Brisbane stood up in arm in a show of solidarity against racism, Neale was shielded on both sides by Brisbane players.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel for our non pack marking tall forwards. They need the ball kicked to there advantage, instead the ball is put on or over there head.

Cerra is a lot better in the forward half. His class is very useful, and 10 clean posses mean 5 goals for us.

Bewley disposal looks great.

I still have doubts about Switta and Matera. I am not sure either offer enough for different reasons.

We must find another option than kicking long.

Lobb is a better ruck than a forward. Is a great behind the play.

Cox is dangerous with the ball in the air.

Really glad to get that win. We dominated the 4th, but couldn’t put them away. I had a horrible feeling they were going to get one over the back as we pressed for a winner. Stoked that they hung tough. Brad Hill and Lobb really owned it. Shout out to Harris Andrews - what a massive game he played.

Richmond played a very good game to beat us though, while Essendon were tripe but we were vomit.

I interpreted it as we contributed in making Richmond look amazing by virtually giving up in the last quarter and not showing up in the first, whereas we dragged Essendon down to our level, and they aren't a bad side. Both games were bad but the loss to Essendon doesn't give me as much ptsd compared to our other losses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic game to be at. Friend gave me medallion club tickets right smack in the middle of the wing.
Was a seesawing contest and very entertaining purely from a footy point of view.
Highlights for me were Wilson absolutely charging up the ground at every opportunity, best game I've seen him play in Purple and Brad Hill was just incredible.
And of course for Sonny to win it after the siren in Indigenous round is pretty special.
Great Sunday evening!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back