List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His form is up and down, currently best 22 at Essendon but more due to their injuries than his form warranting a spot. They see him as a defender and he isn't in their best back 6. So they have him playing forward but it's just a stop gap until they get some players back from injury. I would expect at worst a second round pick would get Francis but could be a third even

I doubt even our second (which we don't have- West Coast do). The Saint second would be say pick 30-32, would that be enough, not sure. Buntine would be a lot more achievable. If Francis wants to leave surely he'd go back to Adelaide/Port.

Sydney ruck targets

Brodie Grundy
Reilly Obrien
Sean Darcy

Anyone else? Todd Goldstein maybe

No chance of Grundy (we wouldn't have the capital or picks to do it- unless you want to put Heeney at a minimum on the table). I doubt Freo will let Darcy go, Sandilands won't go more than 2019. O'Brien is the same, how many years does Jacobs have...not many.

Goldstein is past it.

That is my recollection too and Simpkin would have been a top 6 draftee except for that injury.

There were also concerns (and there still is) whether Simpkin will be anything more than a part time midfielder. Florent was the safer bet to be a genuine mid.

Draft Anderson over Rowell, look for a rebounding defender for our 2nd pick and 3rd picks.

Draft Anderson over Rowell, look for a rebounding defender for our 2nd pick and 3rd picks.

Either one of Rowell or Anderson. Gut feeling is Adelaide if they have pick 1 will take Anderson as he suits them more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

.. but to get either Rowell or Anderson, do you think Swans will finish 17th or 18th?

Not sure, depends whether GC can win a game or two. North will be ahead (soft draw). GC do play Carlton again.

They make good depth but they’re by no means locks. But by you suggesting those two, you think we have enough depth?
Not really, just thinking through the liklihood of Stoddart actually being a consistent top 22, and the fact that we probably need some more mids.
COR.. yes...he is starting to prove his worth.
Stoddart.. still way too small to crash and rebound.
So yeah, probably need a rebounding back, maybe Ash, but 2, I'm still not sure.
I would love to see the top ups actually plauy in their true positions for a bit of each game too.
That would allow them to show their wares.
There has to be a big movement at the end of the year with more retirements, delisting and upgrades.
So why not give the top ups work experience and make each game a job interview. Allow them to play where they are their best.

Not really, just thinking through the liklihood of Stoddart actually being a consistent top 22, and the fact that we probably need some more mids.
COR.. yes...he is starting to prove his worth.
Stoddart.. still way too small to crash and rebound.
So yeah, probably need a rebounding back, maybe Ash, but 2, I'm still not sure.
I would love to see the top ups actually plauy in their true positions for a bit of each game too.
That would allow them to show their wares.
There has to be a big movement at the end of the year with more retirements, delisting and upgrades.
So why not give the top ups work experience and make each game a job interview. Allow them to play where they are their best.
This is the drafting thread but I would think the emphasis in the reserves is on the listed players playing in their preferred positions. Top ups fill in the blanks. Having said that, we often see listed players playing out of position but that is normally to find form...you may have noticed Ronke in the guts?

This is the drafting thread but I would think the emphasis in the reserves is on the listed players playing in their preferred positions. Top ups fill in the blanks. Having said that, we often see listed players playing out of position but that is normally to find form...you may have noticed Ronke in the guts?
Yep, I realise that, and would expect all players to play wherever the coach sees fit for the best team outcome.
And yep, I know this is the drafting thread.
I think this Swans academy group has potential to be drafted and rookied, so occassionally to see them play in their true positions would aid in who they keep.
The Swans must start to back their academy program by selecting home grown and trained talent in the drafts.
But Ash, he is the big impact player that would rebound and make a difference.

They do back their academy! These kids don’t only play NEAFL games you know, they ply their wares against other academies and local games also. I think the club has a very good idea on the talents of our homegrown players, but they are just as aware of players from all over Australia.

If we came 17th the VFL will grant Carlton a 'priority pick' and they will get Anderson or Rowell.

We will not be allowed to get pick 1 or 2 unless we trade pick 3-6 and a bona fide best 22 player.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

You guys won't finish low enough to get Rowell/Anderson. Some of you are saying you need a rebounding defender; Hayden Young looks something special and would be around the Pick 3-6 range at this stage

You guys won't finish low enough to get Rowell/Anderson. Some of you are saying you need a rebounding defender; Hayden Young looks something special and would be around the Pick 3-6 range at this stage

If we take a running defender with our first pick I might just go full nuts! Mids please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back