Preview Preview and changes vs The Gold Coast Suns in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked that question and he may need to do more in the VFL.
Regardless of miles in his legs, I think he would be a better fit if its wet

No way to Durdin. Isn’t good enough and has shown he isn’t capable at AFL level.
Ahern has to come in, will have a new lease on life with the new coach.

The successor to Thompson is McKay. Majak to come back in too. No place for Durdin, think he’ll be delisted

Hey remember that time you stated “you legit know nothing about football and it’s quite comical really”

Ahhh. Comedy gold from you love.

Last edited:

Did I hear it right, but he seemed to totally dismiss thoughts of entertaining the Carlton job.
He wasn’t asked that, but about whether he thought Brad would be a good fit for Carlton - and was very firmly not at all interested in talking about coaching hypotheticals.

Did I hear it right, but he seemed to totally dismiss thoughts of entertaining the Carlton job.

Well the question from the headline fisher Thammy McClure was actually in relation to whether or not Rhyce would be surprised if Brad’s not strongly considered to take over at Carlton and he evaded Thammy’s attempt perfectly. Likewise the question about North’s lack of high end draft picks. I like his no bullshyte style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we couldn't lose this, could we? Ziebell's 200th.
Course we could lose it. We could lose to anyone if we don't bring guts, effort and determination to the table each week. Gold Coast have had some lapses this year, but for the most part they've been competitive and could easily catch us off guard. Plus they get Harbrow and Miller back, 2 of their top 5 players. Cannot underestimate them.

Durdin's ooc at the end of this season isn't he? Hopefully he gets a few weeks in the team now to earn himself a new two year deal. Honestly, with our KPD stocks, we probably need him to.

Personally, I really rate him as a super smart footballer who has a lot of talent, albeit a number of things to work on, so I'm glad he'll be in.

Durdin's ooc at the end of this season isn't he? Hopefully he gets a few weeks in the team now to earn himself a new two year deal. Honestly, with our KPD stocks, we probably need him to.

Personally, I really rate him as a super smart footballer who has a lot of talent, albeit a number of things to work on, so I'm glad he'll be in.
Really? Based on what mate?

We need to get games into our young talent pure and simple - not only for their development but also to enable us to make informed list decisions at the end of the year. All players at this level have attributes, but players such as McMillan, Turner, Thompson and McDonald are surplus to need if we're serious about building a sustainable top 4 team.When the Board moved on Scott, I have no doubt that one of its concerns was his lack of imagination when it came to team selection. This minimalist team selection approach will go straight out the window as soon as we lose games. Why wait?

We need to get games into our young talent pure and simple - not only for their development but also to enable us to make informed list decisions at the end of the year. All players at this level have attributes, but players such as McMillan, Turner, Thompson and McDonald are surplus to need if we're serious about building a sustainable top 4 team.When the Board moved on Scott, I have no doubt that one of its concerns was his lack of imagination when it came to team selection. This minimalist team selection approach will go straight out the window as soon as we lose games. Why wait?
This is not the opponent to do so on recent history.

Turner is a rabid dog, he’ll always bring the same manic pressure week in and out.It’s something no one apart from maybe Zurhaar can claim. Who cares if we don’t have a regular position for him and he comes off the bench.

I, personally want to see more games like the tigers one so he stays.
I think you’re forgetting Jed mate.

I hope people who want Hall in the team noticed that since he is not in the best 22 North play much better:)

Hoping for the close game. Good luck.

I'm hoping it's not and we smash you guys!....

But yes it will likely be close and you guys have a good record against us

Interesting comment about Hall.

Out of our (Norths) 4 recruits i was most excited about Hall. Yet he's been by far the most disappointing!

Seems to have all the tools to he quality and highlight reel looks great, but rest of game is strangely not there.

Durdin in which is great news, don't think Sam would be upset with the coaching change.
Not surprising that we revert back to a 3 tall defence structure that worked well last year. I do like that method and Daw can come in 6 weeks time for one of them

Want Ahern and Garner in for someone now though

I'm hoping it's not and we smash you guys!....

But yes it will likely be close and you guys have a good record against us

Interesting comment about Hall.

Out of our (Norths) 4 recruits i was most excited about Hall. Yet he's been by far the most disappointing!

Seems to have all the tools to he quality and highlight reel looks great, but rest of game is strangely not there.
All his career Hall teased supporters with his undeniable talent. But believe me he is not a team player, does not play his role, is soft, does not defend. He will give you several great games and then he will be absolutely horrendous. Nobody misses him at GC.

I still remember last year against Freo when Lyon put rookie Banfield (can't get a game this year) on him. Hall totally gave up after Banfield bumped him a couple of times. He did not even pretended to tackle when Freo players were running around him. After that game Dew was done with him.

I still remember last year against Freo when Lyon put rookie Banfield (can't get a game this year) on him. Hall totally gave up after Banfield bumped him a couple of times. He did not even pretended to tackle when Freo players were running around him. After that game Dew was done with him.

I feel like I’ve heard this story before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back