World Cup Day 8 Australia v West Indies @ Trent Bridge

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah Smith was the key and as good coultner Nile batted he was our worst with the ball that doesn't get erased by runs.

The other bowlers went at 5rpo so he cost us 20 runs max. The bloke came in at 6/147 and made 92 off 60. Of course he was the man of the match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting match. Coulter-Nile MOTM. Marsh might come in for Khawaja next game, Ricky Ponting will not like a number three who panics after getting bounced.

Great win, Steve Smith is so enjoyable to watch. Has so much time... I reckon I would never get tired of watching him bat. Good to have him back.

As for our chances more generally... I feel our bowling is a little too iffy to make it deep into the tournament. NCN did well overall today but his bowling is a little too predictable. I did like Zampa's output today though... there have been times in the past where I went right off him. He'll never be a star but did well today.

Legendary innings by NCN and a bloody good game of cricket overall. As expected the West Indies attack really went after the top order who weren't exactly convincing in their response, but impressed with the maturity of Smith and Carey in taking the time to recover then start building momentum. Coulter-Nile is starting to play innings of substance with a lot more consistency nowadays.

Bowling effort was ok. Early couple of wickets again the key, then some good build up of pressure before the inevitable whirlwind towards the back end.

Think the side is reasonably settled and well balanced. I'd like to see Marsh get a shot as the top order I am still sceptical on, but maybe one more chance could be justified with the current makeup.

Good contest and wouldn't be surprised to see the two teams meet again in the tournament.

What a *en win

Smith and CN steadied the ship and thought we were going to win as I was dozing off. Surprised when I woke up and we made 289, knew we'd romp it home after amassing that. But it wasn't a romp and it was a terrific match. Once they were 4 down we were good things.

Warriors lost in NBA, Barty won the tennis and the Poms lost in Soccer. Great night.

Back