Review Dogs 66 def Power 41

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't necessarily disagree with you in general (jury still out for me), but I'm not sure using a game in those conditions for your argument is that helpful. A player of his type was always going to struggle in those conditions played forward, was a perfect time to throw him back. Under the roof at Etihad when he can cleanly clunk CMs in the F50 is when his value as a forward really shines.
He's had numerous games in perfect conditions where he's struggled to get into games. Only need to look back last week for an example.

He's a natural defender. Yes he's giving us a target up forward, but I still don't want him there long-term. We're not getting the best out of him when he's in the forward line, and I doubt we ever will.

JJ Suckers and Daniel can rotate through spots to accomodate Moz.

Roarke played too well to be dropped and Moz comes in so Williams(unless injury outs) is the one to go and he just isn’t up to it on any level.

You can’t drop Trengove incase something happens to English so regardless my opinion Williams is the logical out.

I'm not sure if Cordy has been playing well enough to be excluded from the list of names who could make way for Moz, depending on how the next 1/2 games go.

Even more evidence tonight that Naughton is wasted at FF.

Just play him in defence every week Bevo. Maybe just the very occasional surprise move forward when the opposition isn't expecting it or when nothing else is working for us. He's far better value for us in defence than up forward.
Respectfully, I’ll disagree with that.

The trigger was pulled at the right time to throw him into the ruck and that stopped the Port momentum with Lycett but aside from that, our forward line is building nicely around him.

Opposition are putting time into him because of his aerial threat which I have no doubt benefited Schache last night who had plenty of space to work in. Take Naughton away and them extra numbers go to Josh. Add a good a small like Cavarra at his feet along with potentially a third forward type and it’ll start to blossom more.

Occasionally yes, he can go back if it’s an absolute necessity but for now we’ll benefit more for the future by keeping him forward and making do down in defense.

It’s on our recruitment team with plenty of cap space to find a key back or two.

I do have connections with Marvelous Stadium about roof operations based on my CIA background. (And people thought I was just a teacher here for 25 years!) I also have connections with the sprinkler company in charge of watering the surface there. I might give them a ring since it would be more dramatic if the sprinklers came on a few minutes into the game. Would also bring back memories of VFL Park for us old peoples.

As for my lucky meal... I'm thinking of reordering the goat curry I had a few months ago in respect of the Cats since they are, by far, the GOAT team ever to play footy according to their supporters.

Either that or something from Pancake Parlour, in recognition of their sponsorship. Perhaps some
Jamaican Banana Pancakes
Golden fried banana, drizzled with maple-flavoured syrup, dusted with cinnamon and served with a choice of cream, vanilla or chocolate ice-cream on two buttermilk pancakes.

That would be to support the West Indies cricket team, my fellow Americans. I'll have to think about it.

I might have to set up a GoFundMe page to help with finances. Helping the Doggies to win is getting rather expensive. Maybe PayPal might be better. I dunno. I think I've been watching too many YouTube videos where people e-beg.
My old boss was responsible for that little fiasco.

I'm not sure if Cordy has been playing well enough to be excluded from the list of names who could make way for Moz, depending on how the next 1/2 games go.

I watched Geelong first hand Friday night we will need the height.

I don’t think Bev has the same thoughts as some in here that Cordy hasn’t been good. He understands his limitations and he is playing undersized most weeks.

LOL at the universal love for Roarke tonight. Last week after his first game for the year he was all set to be burned at the stake.

A week's a long time on BF.

Hang on mate, I was on his bandwagon last week too!

Don't paint me with the naysayer's brush.

Hang on mate, I was on his bandwagon last week too!

Don't paint me with the naysayer's brush.
Yes indeed, there were a few who were prepared to give him a chance to show his stuff. :thumbsu:

I still don't know if he'll be a 100 gamer for us but at least we've now seen some of what Bevo and others saw in him. We've also now heard a bit more of the back story - injury, illness, lack of continuity, lack of belief. All of those can be fixed as long as the talent is there.

It'll be interesting to see how he backs up next week, especially against a tough side like Geelong. He should take a lot of heart from that and the public accolades will help, so his confidence should be up.

The trigger was pulled at the right time to throw him into the ruck and that stopped the Port momentum with Lycett but aside from that, our forward line is building nicely around him.

Opposition are putting time into him because of his aerial threat which I have no doubt benefited Schache last night who had plenty of space to work in. Take Naughton away and them extra numbers go to Josh. Add a good a small like Cavarra at his feet along with potentially a third forward type and it’ll start to blossom more.

Occasionally yes, he can go back if it’s an absolute necessity but for now we’ll benefit more for the future by keeping him forward and making do down in defense.

It’s on our recruitment team with plenty of cap space to find a key back or two.
Fair comment. I've said my piece on this a few weeks back so I won't go over it all again.

I'll admit conditions were difficult for a tall forward last night but I haven't seen him play a dominant game up forward for some time. For me it was revealing how much he came into the game when he was put into the ruck.

I'd much prefer to see him in defence but if he remains forward it's not going to be a total loss. He'll always end up doing some good things.

We're lucky to have such a prospect on our list whichever position he plays.

What? Our forward line has been terrible all year.

That's exactly what Essendon fans were saying about Hurley, then after that, Carlisle. People get sucked in way too easily by a few very good games from a defender playing up forward.

That's exactly what Essendon fans were saying about Hurley, then after that, Carlisle. People get sucked in way too easily by a few very good games from a defender playing up forward.
Our forward line has been inaccurate, but we averaging 10 more points per game than last year. There has been a notable improvement in our ability to score, but the improvement is nowhere near the level it should be considering how many inside 50s we're getting. The forwards are definitely getting better, but a ton of room to grow from here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really, structurally we’ve looked far more potent with Naughton down forward and he’s the best young key position player we’ve had at our club in Christ knows how long. It needs work, sure with a recruit or two but with Aaron and now Josh reaping the benefits of him, it’s a very good starting point.

Not really sure how the Carlisle/Hurley argument is overly relevant to this. Bombers had other options and we were light on for Big forward targets. We tried Naughton and it’s mostly worked.

You cut me MD, you cut me deep😌

Sorry mate

It’s a nice spot but once every 3-4 years is more than enough and even that isn’t to stand in the freezing cold to watch footy.

Played enough footy myself up there in this lifetime I don’t need to voluntarily freeze my nuts off

I was trying to figure out why a Roos fan is carrying on like a mung bean on our board about a home and away game from a year ago that didn't involve his team. Then I realised it's because you're salty about the Ballarat thing. Seriously mate, get a life.

Rg has been on board with us and Ballarat I thought?

More a Ballarat fan than a north fan

Already happening. The video thing on the Afl website has Kane cornes talking about how it was all port Adelaides attitude that lost it and that they tried to play dry weather footy in the wet. Then said we were a 5 win side about 5 times and port should have won against us

We don’t win, our opponents play badly.

Apparently we didn’t win the 2016 grand final, Sydney played badly....and... oh....something about the umpires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back