No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread - 2019 Edition (Rules Strictly Enforced - See Post 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

We've lost to the bottom 3 teams and beaten two of the top 4 teams. Typical Freo.

That's the worst loss in a very very long time (and we've seen some real bad ones)

The way I feel I’m not sure I can watch the Derby. 3 hours of us kicking it to McGovern & Hurn and watching them get cheap goals over the back on the rebound.
The predictability of our stupidity, complete lack of imagination & stubbornness to stick to an effort based game with no focus on skill or tactics has ground me down for another year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the club decides to interview prior to recruiting they need to do a footy IQ survey.
One of the questions should be:
When you find yourself 15 points up deep in the last and you’re right on your goal line with pressure coming what should you do?
A) rush the behind knowing you won’t get pinged and have the team set up to absorb some clock and probably win the match.
B) panic like an uneducated spud and go for a checkside kick off your non-preferred which leads to the opposition having a shot on goal.

If you can answer that you shouldn’t play AFL.

So yes, I’m saying Hughes needs to not play AFL ever again. EVER.

You can't really blame players for this. Lots of players are unsure of the rule still. Let's be honest, the rule just shouldn't exist. It's been a point of contention since it was introduced, it gets paid about twice per season and it's always controversial. Scrap it so players don't have to try and guess what the umpires are thinking today.

Brennan Cox is weak as piss
And people had him in their pre season teams ahead of Tabs.
Needs a fricking kick up the butt. Cox just waltz around. He doesn’t jump or uses his body.

How do we let the club know about this? Ha. How?

Ross will still play the same motto. Efforts. They’ll come out firing. Blah blah blah. Honourable loss.

e16305813ea00a75d5f348dd31bc292c.jpg

You can't really blame players for this. Lots of players are unsure of the rule still. Let's be honest, the rule just shouldn't exist. It's been a point of contention since it was introduced, it gets paid about twice per season and it's always controversial. Scrap it so players don't have to try and guess what the umpires are thinking today.

Let’s be honest.
Hughes shat the bed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matera did all his work in the first quarter. Vanished when things got a bit hard.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty hard being a small forward if the ball is locked in our back 50. Matera was not the problem. Insipid effort from everyone in our midfield not named Fyfe. Putrid football. Darcy got a ruck clinic. Kreuzer when fit is one of the best in the game. He is fit.

Last time a game hurt this much was 2013 to be honest.

Even the 2015 prelim you could see that Fyfey's broken leg and the how the game played out was just the way it was going to go unfortunately. Waking up this morning and realising that we lost to one of the worst teams in decades that was injury depleted, at home is just surreal.

Lucky we had won those recent close games because if we had lost those and lost yesterday like we did then the pressure would well and truly be on Ross.

Sack all of the fitness and medical staff, I,m pissed of with having most of our best players sitting in the stands while second choice players are doing their best but are getting carved up because they aren't up to it.
Year after year its the same shitty injury story.

Last time a game hurt this much was 2013 to be honest.

Even the 2015 prelim you could see that Fyfey's broken leg and the how the game played out was just the way it was going to go unfortunately. Waking up this morning and realising that we lost to one of the worst teams in decades that was injury depleted, at home is just surreal.

Lucky we had won those recent close games because if we had lost those and lost yesterday like we did then the pressure would well and truly be on Ross.

It is a bit surreal. Waking up this morning, thinking did that really happen?

Lyon thinks he's the smartest guy in the room having Blakely play 3 quarters in the backline every week before swinging him into the middle for last quarters. How about play one of our best midfielders in the ******* middle earlier in the game and then maybe we wouldn't have to rely on some big winning move to get us over the line late in games.

The way I feel I’m not sure I can watch the Derby. 3 hours of us kicking it to McGovern & Hurn and watching them get cheap goals over the back on the rebound.
The predictability of our stupidity, complete lack of imagination & stubbornness to stick to an effort based game with no focus on skill or tactics has ground me down for another year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You forgot the worst part. After the game the sycophants will talk about our “great effort” and “if we’d just kicked straight and nailed every kick and handball, and also the other team missed all their shots, we’d have won. Such progress!”

Hate to bang on about Cerra but fail to see how he, Matera and 3 or 4 others failed to lay 1 single tackle in the game yesterday when it was pretty scrappy. If you look at the one major change that Shaw has brought to the NM side, especially in the way they pantsed the Magpies is the defensive mindset and need to pressure and harass. Tackling is effort based and too many of our players run one way only.

Hate to bang on about Cerra but fail to see how he, Matera and 3 or 4 others failed to lay 1 single tackle in the game yesterday when it was pretty scrappy. If you look at the one major change that Shaw has brought to the NM side, especially in the way they pantsed the Magpies is the defensive mindset and need to pressure and harass. Tackling is effort based and too many of our players run one way only.
I noticed this years ago. We changed to a “coralling” sort of game plan. The idea being that if a player goes all in on a tackle, and the opposition gets the ball off, then that player can’t commit himself to the next contest quickly and we’d lose some “inferred pressure”. Maybe that makes sense in some situations, but not with 40 seconds to go on the clock in the defensive 50.

I’d rather we just learned how to make tackles stick. That would mean doing skills training though.

The thing with Cerra is that it's this whole 'pump more games in em cos he's a top 5 pick' mantra, it's almost like Ross is waiting to dole out some game stats at the press conference.

Duman and Nyhuis are miles ahead of him in the role he played.

At the moment Cerra is our Broughton, talented player but doesn't have a spot. Logic dictates that he could do with some confidence building in Peel so that he comes back with an edge. In the meantime, perhaps we could play someone who deserves to be there more?

The thing with Cerra is that it's this whole 'pump more games in em cos he's a top 5 pick' mantra, it's almost like Ross is waiting to dole out some game stats at the press conference.

Duman and Nyhuis are miles ahead of him in the role he played.

At the moment Cerra is our Broughton, talented player but doesn't have a spot. Logic dictates that he could do with some confidence building in Peel so that he comes back with an edge. In the meantime, perhaps we could play someone who deserves to be there more?
Yeah if we truly are a “play yourself in, play yourself out” sort of club then we must start showing it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back