Preview Essendon vs North Melbourne, Docklands, Saturday 13/07/19 @ 4:35 PM

Will we?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can’t see any changes to our team from last week, potentially just Snelling coming in for either Langford or D.Clarke, knowing Woosha. Heppell doesn’t seem likely.

We ar 4-1 over the last five weeks with the only loss coming to West Coast at home.

In that time we have been able to grind out wins (something we have not done for a long time)

Some of you need to lay off the poor form s**t.

Here here.

This thread’s been as depressing pre game read as I can remember.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We ar 4-1 over the last five weeks with the only loss coming to West Coast at home.

In that time we have been able to grind out wins (something we have not done for a long time)

It’s not the win-loss ratio that we’re flat about, it’s about our inability to put in a full four quarter performance. Eventually our 15 good minutes of football a match will catch up to us after a team gets 4-5 goals ahead in the first quarter. Our forward half ball movement has been quite dysfunctional, it’s very static and slow right now until last quarter’s.

It’s not the win-loss ratio that we’re flat about, it’s about our inability to put in a full four quarter performance. Eventually our 15 good minutes of football a match will catch up to us after a team gets 4-5 goals ahead in the first quarter. Our forward half ball movement has been quite dysfunctional, it’s very static and slow right now until last quarter’s.

The last 4 qrt performance we had was Good Friday and Brisbane.

It’s true though, form is entirely related to level of performance not result. Doesn’t mean we won’t switch on this week, but if the status quo remains the same it’ll be unlikely to get over the line again.

With Larkey (198cm) and Brown, Hooker has to play back

Larkey's height is pretty irrelevant. He's a stick figure 18 year old. Hell we could play Saad on him and he'd probably still nudge him under the ball with superior body strength.

I actually wonder about a bit of a left-field matchup for Brown in our Brown. He has the tank to run all day so that's not a problem and although most seem to disagree I find Mitch Brown to be pretty solid as a defender.

Larkey's height is pretty irrelevant. He's a stick figure 18 year old. Hell we could play Saad on him and he'd probably still nudge him under the ball with superior body strength.

I actually wonder about a bit of a left-field matchup for Brown in our Brown. He has the tank to run all day so that's not a problem and although most seem to disagree I find Mitch Brown to be pretty solid as a defender.

I assume you mean Larkey is not a threat overhead, which fair enough we wouldn’t need a tall. Maybe Mitch Brown for Larkey? Ben Brown would be too strong for Mitch in marking contests.

The ability to grind out wins Is exactly what we need to be able to do.
We are patching together a forward line and looking at the team they seem to all be carrying something so the fact we are grinding out wins and bringing a similar effort level each week in july is what we need to be able to.

Look at pies, cats and GWS. All teams that flew out of the blocks looking invincible, crashing back to earth this past month. Teams like Richmond who were riddled with injuries but kept the wins ticking over and now are getting players back and don't leave the MCG pretty much the rest of the year.

If we can grind out a win against an improved north we will have had probably the most consistent "grown up" football of the past few years. We aren't blowing teams up in a shoot out we are hanging in games with our team defence and then when having momentum eeking out a win.

As opposed to the previous knock on us which was blast through 6 goals and then hang on grimly and get overun or just win games 120-108.

We are building something with this group.

Jeez, the difference in chatter in here compared to the KangaLoos Board is very prevalent. Their title is "PreMatch Discussion vs the *Scum" and the vitriol they purport against us is horrendous. It is just pure abuse and hatred towards us. I want the 4 points more than ever now!

I rather like it that we don’t typically stoop to childish name calling in our all our game thread names.

If they want to act like a pack of *in babies over there then let them,says more about them then us imo. Just makes it more funny if we win.

Heavily under rating larkey here.
Larkey is a frosty Miller medalist who has improved out of sight since his debut against us. Kicked 5 last week. Admittedly after battle went down. But he needs a proper match up.

I think North have every right to be up and about this week in the lead up to this game. It certainly won't be a blowout either way I don't think, whoever wins will have earned it big time.

Anderson, Ziebell and Cunnington are being ultra physical so we have to prepare ourselves for that and be on from the get go. We don't necessarily need to reply in turn, but we need to be able to absorb the initial physical presence. Give them an early run and they'll be hard to rope in I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back