Opinion Who will be our next head coach?

Who will be our next head coach?

• Brett Ratten

Votes: 81 68.6%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Justin Longmuir

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Ross Lyon

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why I have that perception that we used to grind every game out with Ross Lyon when it wasn’t the case . Maybe it’s finals games that stick with me
My point is I’d rather a coach that promotes playing with a bit of flair and dropping a couple more games rather than grinding out wins with boring footy. It’s a fine line I know .

Isn’t there a stat that shows the first team to 75 points generally goes on to win the game?
If we could develop a strong attacking brand of football, not only would we win more games but it would force the AFL to put us into prime time television slots.

Not sure why I have that perception that we used to grind every game out with Ross Lyon when it wasn’t the case . Maybe it’s finals games that stick with me
My point is I’d rather a coach that promotes playing with a bit of flair and dropping a couple more games rather than grinding out wins with boring footy. It’s a fine line I know .

Things changed after the Riewoldt injury in 2010.

Harves for me, don't let his quiet demeanor fool you.

Ratts a very very close second, a few weeks ago would of been my choice. (i actually think he will get it)

So either will do me.

Scott? nah would rather Shaw if that was the case.

I'd take any of Ratts, Bangers or Hayes over Scott any day of the week. It's going to be an interesting couple of months at our beloved Moorabin..

I don't think Cho is sustainable, but actually believe he's done okay this year. We stopped winning (largely) when Stuv went down. I miss that shaggy bastard, willing us over the line in contests.

Anyhow, we'll probably end up with Lethers, sitting in the coaches box alone, covered in gold, shouting incoherently.

886fc690d44cb18c2935c30902ac5841.gif

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I was at the Pelican Cafe in Tooradin today and they have a heap of saints stuff plastered all over the walls. Was looking at some of the names on the 2007 team photo and just shook my head.
Talk about talent.

I stop in there for coffee whenever i am traveling down the coast, its always an interesting browse to see all the old Saints stuff.

Isn’t there a stat that shows the first team to 75 points generally goes on to win the game?
If we could develop a strong attacking brand of football, not only would we win more games but it would force the AFL to put us into prime time television slots.

It would just be nice to actually score 75 points at this stage!
( Actually I was always told that first team to 100 usually wins, but I can’t remember what 100 is anymore :rolleyes:)

It would just be nice to actually score 75 points at this stage!
( Actually I was always told that first team to 100 usually wins, but I can’t remember what 100 is anymore :rolleyes:)

You might be right, it’s been a while since I’ve seen the statistic talked about but after watching the s**t served up this year I’d say 75 is the new 100

My memory of those days is we would either come out firing, be up by 5 goals at Q then choke them out for the rest of the game, alternatively it might be a low scoring contest until 3Qt at which point we would steamroll them.

Always had mates complaining the saints were boring to watch, but i didnt think so!
Happiest supporting days of my life under ross.

Even be a few goals down at 3qt and still be confident we would win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted this before but record of interim coaches is 22W 55L. Shaw & Teague's team performance has been good but history suggests it's more unlikely than likely that they'll be the next premiership coach.

Posted this before but record of interim coaches is 22W 55L. Shaw & Teague's team performance has been good but history suggests it's more unlikely than likely that they'll be the next premiership coach.
Spot on

What's Shaw and teagues record?

Paul Roos say Hello

Spot on

What's Shaw and teagues record?
Not sure mate but probably better than 50%. But no interim coach has gone on to win a premiership which is interesting.

Paul Roos say Hello
He wasn't interim coach.

Edit - My mistake, he was! I didn't see that in the graphic I saw about interim coaches which is unusual.

He is more of the exception than the rule.
And just because of past history doesn't mean Shaw and Teague wont be very good coaches, I really like the way they have both approached the challenge
Past history also shows recycled coaches dont go on and win flags so we should over look Ratts & Scott ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back