Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to 3AW St Kilda's first score over 100 points since round 17 last year.

The Dogs were the final leg of an otherwise winning multi for me, so I feel like I at least deserve a gift voucher from JELD WEN or whoever the Saints are sponsored by these days, for services rendered.

You only have to hear that deluded twat in his various media spots to know the whole umpiring fraternity is a runaway train full of cork smokers with inflated importance levels.

it attracts little pissants like that because the afl don't treat it properly as a profession. the afl is a multibillion dollar industry and they can't afford get professional umpires. just little joe "s**t at sports and hates his boring job but is pretty fit and wants to make himself important" x1000

if you actually paid decently and had some accountability for poor umpiring decisions you might actually get some decent umps

Impey was a total nothings man here and the only thing he has improved at the hawks is his possession count. Still a shocking kick.

Runs fast and plays for the hawks though.

I think he's an improved player at Hawthorn, although it's hard to tell why that is. Could be being at Hawthorn under Clarko, could be playing more games at the 'G which suits his style, could just be age/experience.

Great Western kicked 30 goals in the last quarter. Ararat need to work on their fitness plus a few other things.
30.6 in the last. I mean, if the Qtr was even 30 minutes that scoring rate is amazing. Be pushing it to score that much if no opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re ex Port players who have improved their game since moving to another club I'm on the same page as those who believe Impey is heading in the right direction, but the bloke who has surprised me the most is Pittard at the roos.

I haven't seen any of the all too regular ( ie at least one per qtr ) bomb scare moments from him in the games I have watched, he has been poised in his decision making more often than not, and his disposal, particularly by foot has improved as well.
I expected him to spend the vast majority of his time at North in the VFL and then be delisted after a maximum of 2 seasons, so you really do have to wonder how much poor coaching had to do with him falling through the floor at Alberton.

I haven't seen any of the all too regular ( ie at least one per qtr ) bomb scare moments from him in the games I have watched, he has been poised in his decision making more often than not, and his disposal, particularly by foot has improved as well.
I expected him to spend the vast majority of his time at North in the VFL and then be delisted after a maximum of 2 seasons, so you really do have to wonder how much poor coaching had to do with him falling through the floor at Alberton.

well if you think back to when he was drafted, Paul Roos was joking he was so clever they should sign him up as a coach. Hinkley just thought he asked too many questions.

Re ex Port players who have improved their game since moving to another club I'm on the same page as those who believe Impey is heading in the right direction, but the bloke who has surprised me the most is Pittard at the roos.

It's the game plan. I see his AA sqaud year as his level. The next year is when we changed the game plan to chip, stop, chip, stop. It's pretty much anti Jasper.

I'm so glad he's doing well. Always got a bad run with our supporters.

Off the back of 3 wins, 5 wins and 5 wins.

Fagan would have a job for life here if this turns out to be his high water mark.
Brisbane play to win, which means occasionally they will crash and burn. May even do it in the finals.

That kind of foolhardiness would never be accepted here. Goalless quarters are the new black.

Brisbane play to win, which means occasionally they will crash and burn. May even do it in the finals.

That kind of foolhardiness would never be accepted here. Goalless quarters are the new black.

Yeah, I’m seeing a few predictions of ‘straight sets’ around the traps, but they’ve never lost a final at the Gabba (12-0 — 1996, 1999-2004, 2009).

When it’s packed to the patricks on one of those balmy spring nights up there, they’re a force to be reckoned with.

Imagine having a coach who just lets his players have a go?

Yeah, I’m seeing a few predictions of ‘straight sets’ around the traps, but they’ve never lost a final at the Gabba (12-0 — 1996, 1999-2004, 2009).

When it’s packed to the patricks on one of those balmy spring nights up there, they’re a force to be reckoned with.

Imagine having a coach who just lets his players have a go?
And doesn't publicly lambast them when they don't get it right...

So just looked at the SANFL player ratings from yesterday.

Farrell - 0.0

How the club hasn't developed forwards is amazing, it's my biggest gripe and seems to be a common theme under Hinkley - we have had problems goal kicking all year and the best damn shot is wallowing in the 2nd's.

How do we not develop forwards is an indictment on the PAFC - 2013-2019.

Lucky we have 38 half back flankers.

4th Vs 5th this week for a shot at the top 4
6th Vs 9th with top 4 and top 8 hopes riding

Yet IMO the match of the round this week is so clearly the Crows Vs Carlton.

What a ripper that promises to be. I'm not even joking, there's gotta be a s**t load of spice in that match up, with the fascinating undercurrent of the #2-3 draft pick.

I am almost more interested to see how that s**t show goes than our own game.

So just looked at the SANFL player ratings from yesterday.

Farrell - 0.0

How the club hasn't developed forwards is amazing, it's my biggest gripe and seems to be a common theme under Hinkley - we have had problems goal kicking all year and the best damn shot is wallowing in the 2nd's.

How do we not develop forwards is an indictment on the PAFC - 2013-2019.

Lucky we have 38 half back flankers.

In related news, Jake Neade kicked 0.2 for the bottom side’s reserves this week.

4th Vs 5th this week for a shot at the top 4
6th Vs 9th with top 4 and top 8 hopes riding

Yet IMO the match of the round this week is so clearly the Crows Vs Carlton.

What a ripper that promises to be. I'm not even joking, there's gotta be a s**t load of spice in that match up, with the fascinating undercurrent of the #2-3 draft pick.

I am almost more interested to see how that s**t show goes than our own game.
Carlton at 2.50. That would have been unimaginable a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back