Autopsy The Meltdown thread (Autopsy vs Geelong)

Remove this Banner Ad

Too many similar footballers take the field each week for us. That's not the coaches fault.

Pretty much. I've said it before and I'm a hater apparently but we go into games with a bunch running around the middle including Dumont, Turner, JZ, Jmac, Jed and so on. Jmac was good tonight I reckon, got the blowjob treatment from the umps on Ablett. But we just carry too much plod in the middle. Turner if he can't hassle is completely non useful nowadays. Dumont did some good mixed with some very average disposal. There are just too many of the same types in there and we need more depth to come in. Simpkin is now starting to slow down and feel a long year, same for Thomas who was still clean but quiet. Those names above are old enough and mature enough to hold the fort but they don't and then it all falls apart.

Our forward line is pretty much set IMO but if we were still in it and had some more mids available Larkey would have had a rest weeks ago as well as he is tiring.

All that said, meh. We'll be okay, but I'd have liked to see more of a plan going in. Brown was never going to score much there and yet we kept the same plan... team butchered any home in the first 1/4 and a half then gave up because they're knackered.

FWIW that was one of the worst umpired games I've seen in ages. Not just our way either, just consistent decisions all night long that had zero feel for the game at all. It was like watching the umpires make decisions all night.

Last edited:
We had momentum stolen from us and the wheels then fell off.

That was so weird.

I never felt like they were dominating us.

We were clearly struggling to handle the dimensions and their hacks and our hacks landed in their laps.

I’m leaving this one alone. We were in it up to our eyeballs but that won’t be remembered in the wash-up.

Couldn’t give a s**t about record scores one way or another.

We could do with some uncontested ball though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Narkle was impressive. Can we have him?
We had momentum stolen from us and the wheels then fell off.

That was so weird.

I never felt like they were dominating us.

We were clearly struggling to handle the dimensions and their hacks and our hacks landed in their laps.

I’m leaving this one alone. We were in it up to our eyeballs but that won’t be remembered in the wash-up.

Couldn’t give a s**t about record scores one way or another.

We could do with some uncontested ball though.

Could not agree more

Yeah we had nothing tonight.

There were only a few things i liked:
Defense is great, Thommo will be missed he is outstanding, unfortunately Tarrant plays worse without Thompson there.
Essendon lost by over 100 points under the roof to the dogs.
Cunnington tried hard.
Jmac was decent.
Garner adds something to the side.
Higgins was ok.

Hard to really say anything about the forward line since the ball isn't going down there, but still would have liked to see more from:
Brown, needs to present an option and get it to ground.
Zurhaar didn't show much at all.
JZ is just pathetic, should be dropped on the back of that performance.
Polec probably played his worst ever game for us.
Simpkin, Atley, Dumont Anderson all just rubbish.

Didn't like the coaching either didn't try anything new reminded me of a certain someone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back