Review The Bad, The Ugly and The Ok- Crows v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing what happens you give a young guy a go and some confidence.. just reinforces that the coaches and football department are a unmitigated disgrace to the game and state.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Fogarty has been terrible in the SANFL this year,. About 3 weeks ago it seemed to just gel and he started positioning himself well and playing good football. This is the reason he got a call up to the seniors.

Hello Crows fans

Please forgive the intrusion.

I know losses suck but from a neutral's point of view, I thought that was a pretty gutsy effort all things considered. Much respect.

Sloane down for all the second half, clearly smashed on the I50 count and a booing, bleating Weagles crowd to contend with, especially when they didn't get it all their own way in the last quarter.

A bit more speed of foot in your side and you probably would have won.

Particularly liked the way your guys fought it out right to the death

Cheers and all the best
Thanks for stopping by, can you guys please win the Premiership this year. All of us here are loving your turn around and your fast footy.... I'm glad you guys are enjoying Charlie.... we miss him but today a superstar in Fogarty was born, and that came about because Charlie left so maybe win/win

Whenever we got it back to a couple of goals we basically didn’t touch it.

They were in complete control of that game IMO
Yeah, not sure i agree. For mine, we very much lost that game. We did so much right to put ourselves in a position to win - it was a failure to execute some basic skills at key moments that was the difference.

The game was three to be won and we failed to grab it.

Whenever we got it back to a couple of goals we basically didn’t touch it.

They were in complete control of that game IMO

They were, but they were very inefficient.

Fogarty kept us in the game because he’s the first forward we’ve had in two years who actually takes his opportunities.

We could’ve stolen it (and that’s what it would’ve been) with one more
player like that up forward, problem is we aint got any.

PS - how ******* embarrassing was that five-goal performance for every other forward on our list and our coaching staff. A kid who’s been ****ed around all year comes into the team and against the reigning premiers does what everyone else has consistently failed to do ALL year.

Your kid, Allen looks like an absolute gun in the making too.

Think you're playing games with the opposition listing him at 191cm lol. He'd be at least 194.

They finally put Fogerty in about 6 weeks too late. Can't help but think after watching today some of those games lost with the forward line not functioning would have been completely different with the look he gives you.
We all wanted him in earlier, but the club kept telling us he wasn't fit enough, wasn't ready yet, needed to play in defence in the twos for development.

You just play top end talent, look how much your young lads have come on, or in a like for like situation Aaron Naughton from the Dogs taken 3 picks earlier, they played him, hes now played about 40 games and looks great... Fog is on 11 games, and just annihilated the comps best defence, imagine if he played all season

Fogarty has been terrible in the SANFL this year,. About 3 weeks ago it seemed to just gel and he started positioning himself well and playing good football. This is the reason he got a call up to the seniors.

Some kids, not all, shouldn’t be made to earn a spot. Some of them you can just put some confidence in them and give them a go. Especially when the club has been “backing in” players who have had their go and failed time and time again..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny how it started to gel when they finally started playing him in his proper position.

I bet those idiots are real proud of themselves right now, after wasting another season.

They were, but they were very inefficient.

Fogarty kept us in the game because he’s the first forward we’ve had in two years who actually takes his opportunities.

We could’ve stolen it (and that’s what it would’ve been) with one more
player like that up forward, problem is we aint got any.

PS - how ******* embarrassing was that five-goal performance for every other forward on our list and our coaching staff. A kid who’s been f’ed around all year comes into the team and against the reigning premiers does what everyone else has consistently failed to do ALL year.
And the really funny bit is that we’ve had 3 other 1st rounders sitting in the 2’s as well.

But apparently until they get 40 possessions each for 8 weeks running they’re not in good enough form

Our forward structure for SANFL can get pretty ropey since we have to park depth ruckmen in there since there's not really any other place to hide them other than the bench.

Imagine being a natural forward and having to share space with two genuine dinosaurs in Hunter and Strachan. And that's in addition to Himmelberg who is generally starting as the deepest forward.

Your kid, Allen looks like an absolute gun in the making too.

Think you're playing games with the opposition listing him at 191cm lol. He'd be at least 194.
I don't have his draft camp info but I'd imagine his reach would be significantly more than is normal for his height, say he's 191cm but the reach of that of somebody 196cm perhaps. Coaches are more than happy to let him ruck so I'm sure the anthropometric side is covered.

He's very talented, a good number of the west coast board will keep Allen over Tim Kelly if redoing the 2017 draft when the discussion comes up. His value will increase a lot for us with Kennedy on the decline so rapidly and darling at 191cm needing a foil.

Fogerty, wow, everything you could possibly ask for in a big key forward. Marking, kicking, SMART leads and position. It has been a very long time since a 19 year old looked that good against good competition.

Awesome
  • FOG was bloody good. Imagine when he's doing that and getting involved in field play more.
  • Talia was dominant.
Good
  • In a very un-crows like fashion, we kicked reasonably straight, which kept us right in it. On any other night we'd have 4 goals less.
  • The effort was there again. Where has that been? And why bring it to this game and not vs say... Carlton?
OK
  • Rat was OK did good when had it.
  • Hartigan was OK.
  • Dougie was OK.
  • Kelly was OK.
Bad
  • Matt Crouch is a walking turnover. Not having Sloane in there meant Matt had many more opportunities to give up the ball.
  • Whatever our problem is that means we can't get it out of defence. We get the ball in the D50, and just turn it over. If our plan is to kick long down the line, then you'd think we would be set up for it to lock it in at the fall of the ball. But no... wtf is this game plan?
  • Gibbs was s**t. I hate seeing it. Just feels like some urgency and effort and he'd be a jet again. FFS.
  • Ed was s**t. Admittedly the ball was never near him. I don't know why we didn't try him for a 5 minute midfield cameo.
  • Sloane. Hope it's not a broken cheekbone again.
  • Milera needs... something to unlock that star potential.
  • Which players are we developing for the future in this s**t truck of a year?

Can anyone summarise Donny’s presser for us?
Reporter: Can you summarize today's effort , Don?

Pyke: Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;

All mimsy were the borogoves,

And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!

The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun

The frumious Bandersnatch.

Oh and Jacobs!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back