List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, just dont like grumpy trolls who rarely add anyrhing of substance and spend 99% of their time hanging 'space poo' on others.

Oh and there you are again the post above.......adding nothing but negativity.

And two posts above........trolling.

You really get off being negative dont you. I feel sorry for people who get kicks out of constantly try to put others down.

Try being positive for a change, you might enjoy life more.
West World, the ignore button is your friend .

Until Williams gains the right body mass, I go back to my answer that it is too soon to tell. He’s only just turned19 and he is doing a reasonable job tucking against men. Griffin and Goddard are pretty good yardsticks so if pushed I’d say yes but not with the confidence I would have if asked can Trent Rivers be an inside mid.
Well said, too early to say as only a first year player. But far out, he looks like he's made a significant development this year.

Even though he's 198cm, his leap is ridiculously good. He won the running vertical leap at combine, reckon NN would be last ruck to do that. Below was from pre draft last year(which you'll already know);
Williams’ biggest strength is his eye-catching leap, with the 198cm tall finishing first in the running vertical jump off his left foot at the national combine.

“(At) school athletics, I’d do the high jump, (I) got to like state level and got a silver medal in Year 7, but that’s basically it.

Was he under contract when freo paid 23 for him? How’s he jumped in value so much all of a sudden?

Anyway the main issue isn’t with Hill but with Langdon, who is an absolute spud and certainly not worth pick 20. Melbourne deserve to be a bottom side if they are prepared to pay so much for mediocre players.
This. Absolute butcher of the highest order. What the * Melbourne... surely they aren’t that stupid. I guess time will tell

We have to expect Geelong to behave in an irrational and unhinged manner towards the Kelly trade because it is not just about trading one player, it is also about Geelong facing up to and dealing with the end of their flag window. The top end of their list is full of ageing former superstars over 30 and the bottom end of their best 25 is very, very thin. Kelly is probably the only A grade player under 28 that they have. So when Kelly goes they will not just have to deal with a trading a player they wanted to keep but they will also be beginning the 7 stages of grief over the end of their flag window. I fully expect them to drag it out to the last 5 minutes of trade week and turn very nasty and feral on Kelly if he refuses to go to Freo.

Narkle is the player he might be referring to? If we are giving up two first rounds we might want something in return.

I certainly think Narkle offers a lot. Would be rapt to get him. More so than TK, actually as he is quicker, trickier, and much younger.

Read on the Geelong board a mention of a few ins this weekend for various sides as fatten the calves for sale.
The guy mentioned Duggan, a good laugh preceeded. I thought I'd remind him that he's a premiership defender and probably our future Captain. He's our best 22 every day of the week and his trade value is very high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we can delist Duggan at end of year. Not an AFL standard defender. Fumbles the ball nearly every time he touches it, butchers his disposal, gets physically shifted out of position constantly in marking constants by opposition players the same size as he is. Is also slow and not particularly agile. Please move him on.

Hopefully we can delist Duggan at end of year. Not an AFL standard defender. Fumbles the ball nearly every time he touches it, butchers his disposal, gets physically shifted out of position constantly in marking constants by opposition players the same size as he is. Is also slow and not particularly agile. Please move him on.

Wait, isn't he our future captain?

Tim Kelly

Would he have made a massive amount of difference and if we pony up two first rounders is it worth it given we look to have some glaring issues, especially defensively at the moment?

I mean he was terrible tonight (and Nelson was better) but come on, first game back from syndesmosis.

Is it school holidays over there again? I miss a day and there is almost 10 pages of sewerage to crawl through here...

Have been working out the text messages this week trying to get some view around what the purple implosion means for the postseason.

As far as I am being assured, T.Kelly still is preferring West Coast over Fremantle and will accept less money to be an Eagle than what the Dockers have on offer. He wants stability for his family as a priority and the recent happenings at Fremantle have, if anything, reaffirmed previous attitudes to where he wants to end up.
The biggest issue that seems to be coming out is from Geelong. Seems they want to stall now because they know Fremantle are about to try a ridiculous for him and want to pressure West Coast into coughing up more. The same source still believed the deal will get done, but also was of the opinion that Geelong will draw it out to the final day of trading, which will complicate potential deals elsewhere.

Zero chance of getting Coniglio unfortunately. Either he stays with GWS or joins the Hawks. Carlton with the money deal is an outlier. Final decision won't be revealed until after the season. Received a message that insinuated he will definitely be leaving if GWS fail to make a Preliminary Final. A lot of Hawthorn folk I have spoken to recently seem very confident that he will be joining them.

J.Martin will be putting in a trade request after this weekend. No specific destination other than Victoria. Carlton are going very hard for him, as are the Bulldogs. Blues are willing to use their first round pick to gain him - which if true is crazy.

S.Hill seems headed for a Gold Coast retirement fund.

His brother B.Hill is likely off to the Saints as they the highest pick on offer from the available suitors (pick 5).

Langdon will be leaving Fremantle as well - there is high confidence that Melbourne will get him in exchange for pick 20.

Gold Coast very keen on H.Greenwood, although he will only go there as a last resort option. Brisbane and Hawthorn are also interested so he may get a reprieve.

Patton is effectively already at Box Hill - fit and training yet refusing to play for even the NEAFL side. Fair to say the Hawks are not very welcome around GWS at the moment.

Fremantle are about to make significant plays for Acres and Powell-Pepper, using picks received from other trade deals.

One single piece regarding West Coast being linked to another midfielder (other than T.Kelly) but it is being very tightly kept under wraps. All I'm able to get is that the player has apparently been targeted for a while now, is currently in Victoria and is capable of filling multiple roles through the middle. Take of that what you will. My impression was definitely not an A grade signing. A Masten or Hutchings upgrade/replacement perhaps?

SPP?

Not in Victoria at the moment but ....... just hypothesising with no substance to back it up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tim Kelly

Would he have made a massive amount of difference and if we pony up two first rounders is it worth it given we look to have some glaring issues, especially defensively at the moment?

The only glaring issue for us is its round 23 and we looked rooted. Long season, more travel than most other teams and you have to wonder gow much the Optus surface has worn down the group. We looked out of petrol last night.

Can only hope the week off and a home final can get us three weeks without flying and we freshen up.

So the mail is that the, cap space troubled, Port Power, have SPP, on the trade table.

Do we make an offer............ and if so ....... whats he worth?

Would Sydney's second rounder get him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back