List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I'm more than happy to read stuff that people hear from sources they may have. I'll never hang anyone for that. I've metioned stuff on here that has been way off. Last year I was given info about Langdon from my son's uni mate source & literally withinn the hour while the guy was in my home, Langdon had re-signed with the Pies.
Good stuff Punts, whether on the money or not. It makes things interesting around here & it is the 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread afterall.
I'm also happy to read stuff from people's sources, it's exactly why I read here. Which is why I was respectful in my post.
By all means keep it up Punts. I just hope you are wrong. :p

I'll also go as far as saying that young Cody Hirst will be playing regular senior footy in our forward line by the end of season 2020.
He is very clean with the ball & is a gun goal sneak. Perhaps why we are prepared to move on Paps.
Are there any players that light playing senior footy? Someone call OH&S and get a risk matrix done, cause he could be snapped in two.

That's an impressive source to have contacts with Brad Crouch and both sydney and adelaide recruiters.
Only telling what I have been told

Free to anyone to have a whack at me if none of this comes off.

I’ll cop looking like a w***er that’s fine

Last edited:

I must be getting cynical in my old age but how do these sources know what's happening at clubs they are not connected with?

A lot of smoke and shadows behind the windows.

On same job site as my source

Daniher is a done deal , Sydney absolutely spewing it got leaked.

B Crouch Wants us and will get done

Papley wants Carlton

Let’s see how good he is
Why would a bunch of tradies know what is happening behind the clubs doors?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Papley is going to extend post 2023? That would be handy.
More so meant Papely would declare his future was with us, but certainly wouldn't be complaining if he signed past 2023.

GWS are reported to want an early pick in this year's draft so that they can use that before a nomination comes up for Tom Green. Maybe we should look at swapping our pick 4 for their two first rounders - currently 11 & 15. Pick 4 worth 2043 points whereas 11 & 15 equal 2441.
We offer 11 to Essendon for Daniher. Take it or leave it!!!
We then still have a first round selection and we keep Papley.
Sounds good in theory however GWS don't have another pick until 51 & 75. That won't help them with Green.

GWS are reported to want an early pick in this year's draft so that they can use that before a nomination comes up for Tom Green. Maybe we should look at swapping our pick 4 for their two first rounders - currently 11 & 15.
We've said pick 4 is off the table for Daniher. I'd imagine that probably just about means it's off the table all together. Sounds like we want someone (probably Serong) with it.

GWS are reported to want an early pick in this year's draft so that they can use that before a nomination comes up for Tom Green. Maybe we should look at swapping our pick 4 for their two first rounders - currently 11 & 15.

I think unless its pick 3, GWS won't do any trades with their picks until draft night.

I wonder if the club might be willing to let Papley go because we will get Gulden and Campbell next year and their intention is for at least one of them to play a similar role to Papleys?

Well they do hold all the cards just like we do with Papley.
Im just not sure its worth the asking price they are gonna demand pick 4 and next years 1st as a minimum i feel.

I dont want us anywhere near this trade, this year.

But they don't hold 'all' the cards. There is significant risk to Essendon if Daniher asks for a trade and it doesnt happen.

Well they do hold all the cards just like we do with Papley.
Im just not sure its worth the asking price they are gonna demand pick 4 and next years 1st as a minimum i feel.
They are dreaming if they think we will give that for Daniher. We will not even give half of that, as in pick 4 will not be given up for Daniher.
Essendon are impossible to deal with hence I will be very surprised if a deal gets done this year. We'll take him next year as a free agent - provided he can show that he is past his groin issues.

GWS are reported to want an early pick in this year's draft so that they can use that before a nomination comes up for Tom Green. Maybe we should look at swapping our pick 4 for their two first rounders - currently 11 & 15. Pick 4 worth 2043 points whereas 11 & 15 equal 2441.
Sounds good in theory however GWS don't have another pick until 51 & 75. That won't help them with Green.
Trouble is that the quality drops away after Rowell, Anderson, Serong, Young and Ash. The quality of players in the 11 & 15 pick range are significantly less. Players such as Kemp should be gone by then.

I wonder if the club might be willing to let Papley go because we will get Gulden and Campbell next year and their intention is for at least one of them to play a similar role to Papleys?

Id be really surprised if that was the case. Realistically, you couldnt expect those kids to be decent senior level contributors for 3-4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back