List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastic news - though I would of preferred it to be Florent getting the four year deal and Willy the 2 extra years. Florent's second half of the year was superb and he is going to develop into a genuine top notch player next year imho, and while Hayward struggled this year at times, he has all the quality in the world when it finally 'clicks'.

On same job site as my source

Daniher is a done deal , Sydney absolutely spewing it got leaked.

B Crouch Wants us and will get done

Papley wants Carlton

Let’s see how good he is

Gee Crouch would be a huge get.

Wonder what we would have to give up.

Anyone seen Sam Flanders play? I want to keep Papley by all means, and think Daniher is a needless and ridiculously risky strategy, but this kid looks a likely small forward option for us in the draft if it goes the way the press narrative sees it going.

FWIW

6th August, last:
"Midfielder Brad Crouch has no plans to break his AFL contract with Adelaide, his brother and teammate Matt Crouch says.
Brad has confirmed some Victorian clubs have contacted his manager with a view of luring him from Adelaide, where he is contracted until the end of next season.

"He (Brad) loves it in Adelaide, his girlfriend is from Adelaide, he has another year on his contract," Matt told reporters on Tuesday.
"There always going to be clubs talking to managers during the season but I'm confident of him being here."

Fantastic news - though I would of preferred it to be Florent getting the four year deal and Willy the 2 extra years. Florent's second half of the year was superb and he is going to develop into a genuine top notch player next year imho, and while Hayward struggled this year at times, he has all the quality in the world when it finally 'clicks'.

Florent is always going to be least likely of any Swans to commit long-term because of his family situation. But you would think as time goes on and the more years he spends at the club, the easier that would become for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Papley wants Carlton

Let’s see how good he is

Hey Punts, Cheers for sharing your info.
When your source says Daniher a done deal does he mean the Sydney/Daniher deal or the Sydney/Essendon deal or both?

Florent is always going to be least likely of any Swans to commit long-term because of his family situation. But you would think as time goes on and the more years he spends at the club, the easier that would become for him.

Yeh I understand why he will only commit shorter term, but he is just one I don't want us to lose any time soon!

Hey Punts, Cheers for sharing your info.
When your source says Daniher a done deal does he mean the Sydney/Daniher deal or the Sydney/Essendon deal or both?
Daniher will nominate us and the dons are happy to get a deal done is the way it was explained

I guess it’s never done till the tick off

I'm sure Punts has the best of intentions and trusts the source, but wasn't he dead wrong on whatever sure tip he gave last year?
No doubt things are fluid and can change with offers and counter-offers till a deal is done.
I really hope he's wrong on Daniher in any case.
Not because Daniher can't be a great player, but because the risk is FAR too high. Next year we'll know if he can still play, AND we'll keep some high draft picks.
Plus announcing it this year puts all the pressure on the Swans to cave at the last minute to a notoriously difficult negotiator, or not be trusted by future trade targets to not leave them in the lurch.
This deal will undo us for sure.
The only reason this deal is even coming up now is his management want to lock in another few years deal before his injury status impacts his value.
Blind Freddie can see it. I hope Harley has his glasses on.

I'm sure Punts has the best of intentions and trusts the source, but wasn't he dead wrong on whatever sure tip he gave last year?
No doubt things are fluid and can change with offers and counter-offers till a deal is done.
I really hope he's wrong on Daniher in any case.
Not because Daniher can't be a great player, but because the risk is FAR too high. Next year we'll know if he can still play, AND we'll keep some high draft picks.
Plus announcing it this year puts all the pressure on the Swans to cave at the last minute to a notoriously difficult negotiator, or not be trusted by future trade targets to not leave them in the lurch.
This deal will undo us for sure.
The only reason this deal is even coming up now is his management want to lock in another few years deal before his injury status impacts his value.
Blind Freddie can see it. I hope Harley has his glasses on.

No I'm more than happy to read stuff that people hear from sources they may have. I'll never hang anyone for that. I've metioned stuff on here that has been way off. Last year I was given info about Langdon from my son's uni mate source & literally withinn the hour while the guy was in my home, Langdon had re-signed with the Pies.
Good stuff Punts, whether on the money or not. It makes things interesting around here & it is the 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread afterall.

The Crouch part would be the only way we would give up Paps. No way is he connected to a Daniher deal.

Agreed. If indeed we are trying to get Brad Crouch, we'd surely need an additional first round pick to get both his and Daniher's deal done at minimum. Some additional pick swapping too probably.

With his dodgy hamstrings and disciplinary indiscretions we can just put some bunk beds in the naughty corner of the rehab room and he can live with Bennell.

I don't think his hamstrings have been a problem for a few years have they?

Played every game this year. Missed all of last year with groin problems that arose from a corked hip (impact).

Was a bit of a dickhead a few years ago.

Papley wants Carlton

Let’s see how good he is

That's an impressive source to have contacts with Brad Crouch and both sydney and adelaide recruiters.

Would it?

Racks up numbers, but doesn’t really impact games. Adelaide suffered from stationary Crouches kicking / handballing sideways.

Momentum killers.
That could just be dud coaching rather than anything else. Fact is our onball stocks are shitty and he is a good replacement for Kennedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back