List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it ever even a real possibility or was it just a manager trying to get a better deal for his client by using the Us and the media to do it ? Once the media get wind of s**t like this and run with it every man and his Dog in Melbourne has a take on it because they have heard it from a good source. :rolleyes: Me included. Not much that can be done about it purely because of the profile of the The Club and the market it is situated in but to be honest it ****ing annoying. When this s**t comes out and being just that the Club should just knock it straight on the head.

Nothing to do with the manager looking to get a better deal from Essendon as they are not going to offer him another contract until the end of next year to see if he can get back on the park.

This is genuinely a case of Daniher weighing up whether he wants to remain in Melbourne in the fishbowl or do something different.

I suspect it will be weeks before he makes up his mind and the start of trade week. Both clubs are aware of the situation and are ready to talk when required so there is no rush for him to make up his mind now.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I had no idea why some people thought the Daniher deal was a certainty to happen.

I have no idea why now some people think the Daniher deal is a certainty not to happen.

As far as I can see nothing has changed throughout that period that should render anyone certain either way.

This place baffles me sometimes.

Nothing to do with the manager looking to get a better deal from Essendon as they are not going to offer him another contract until the end of next year to see if he can get back on the park.

This is genuinely a case of Daniher weighing up whether he wants to remain in Melbourne in the fishbowl or do something different.

I suspect it will be weeks before he makes up his mind and the start of trade week. Both clubs are aware of the situation and are ready to talk when required so there is no rush for him to make up his mind now.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How do you know that and how do you know that if that is correct the Manager hasn't tried to bluff them ? Do you know that Essendon have catorgorically told his Manager no dice till the end of his contract next year ? Just guess work from everybody. Make no mistake though we have been a pawn in many a game like this before.

I had no idea why some people thought the Daniher deal was a certainty to happen.

I have no idea why now some people think the Daniher deal is a certainty not to happen.

As far as I can see nothing has changed throughout that period that should render anyone certain either way.

The s**t rumours don't start here they just grow here.

George is same height and weight as JPK. Heir apparent if you ask me.

Is he? Doesn't look quite as big just from appearance. JPK is a serious unit. Even when I met him once I was like holy **** he's like Bruce Banner. In any case I'd like to think he could lead the midfield, his first half of the year certainly suggested he could be the next JPK.

But FWIW I'm not sure there has to be a "next JPK." Eg. Rowbottom could be just as effective even though he has some different attributes, relies more on his bursts of speed and explosiveness as opposed to brute strength like JPK.

I was just thinking the same thing.
Came on here to some saying not coming that thought he was and I was scratching my head to try and understand what had changed today.

Thanks for clearing up that I didn’t miss anything!

Is he? Doesn't look quite as big just from appearance. JPK is a serious unit. Even when I met him once I was like holy **** he's like Bruce Banner. In any case I'd like to think he could lead the midfield, his first half of the year certainly suggested he could be the next JPK.

But FWIW I'm not sure there has to be a "next JPK." Eg. Rowbottom could be just as effective even though he has some different attributes, relies more on his bursts of speed and explosiveness as opposed to brute strength like JPK.
So, he’s completely different to JPK? Next...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harley a yes man, media trained monkey. Don’t like him. Bullsh1t artist.
So you've hung him, not even a year into his role, having not been guilty of anything other than in your perception of him?
We're a tough lot on here. Let him at least go through the process with Daniher, etc.

Was it ever even a real possibility or was it just a manager trying to get a better deal for his client by using the Us and the media to do it ? Once the media get wind of s**t like this and run with it every man and his Dog in Melbourne has a take on it because they have heard it from a good source. :rolleyes: Me included. Not much that can be done about it purely because of the profile of the The Club and the market it is situated in but to be honest it ****ing annoying. When this s**t comes out and being just that the Club should just knock it straight on the head.
They did knock it on the head WW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back