List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not all that odd for him to be in Melbourne at this time of the year. He's from there and his mates and family are there. I'd expect him to be meeting with his manager to work out what's going on. I don't see anything new out of this.
Wish I lived in your world.

I live 20 mins from Bunyip. Does anyone know paps address? I'll go down there and talk some sense into him.

There's telephones for general discussions with your player manager. Coffee meetings in Melbourne are much more

There's telephones for general discussions with your player manager. Coffee meetings in Melbourne are much more nice and personal and a refreshing way to catch up and discuss the hype seeing as he was in town anyway. :)

To work out what’s going?

I just don't understand what new info this gives us. He's in Melbourne where it seems he spends most off-season time anyway, and his manager is in Melbourne. Why wouldn't he meet him? And if it was to discuss something of importance, why would he do it in plain sight on roadside cafe?

Looks like he's outta here 😕
Hardly. I'm confident.
It's totally up to the Swans in the end, and whether Carlton want to pay BIG overs for a contracted player or not.
We'd be absolutely mad to let him go. Or Carlton would be mad to pay what would be needed to change our minds.

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about our delistings yet. I understand waiting until both teams are out of their competitions. I can understand waiting until after the Skilton. But by this point last year we had already made the announcement on AJ.

I really like that serong but spewing he is out for 12 months, wouldn’t see him until 2021 most Likely in seniors

Think you mean Kemp.

Agree he looks a gun. Big-bodied and silky, everything we need in a mid.

I'd still take the punt on him, I wouldn't wanna see our draftees much next year anyway, already young enough.

He's more likely to be at our pick 6 than Serong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you mean Kemp.

Agree he looks a gun. Big-bodied and silky, everything we need in a mid.

I'd still take the punt on him, I wouldn't wanna see our draftees much next year anyway, already young enough.

He's more likely to be at our pick 6 than Serong.

Very muh aboard the Kemp train.

Complements Gulden and Campbell with the big and small pairing.

Still wouldnt mind Constable as well

We'd also have Hewett, Rowbottom and Florent who are all medium-sized so it'd be a pretty even group to go forward with.

100% agree on Constable.

We'd also have Hewett, Rowbottom and Florent who are all medium-sized so it'd be a pretty even group to go forward with.

100% agree on Constable.

Would be nice.

And for those interest in Constable, draft year profiles (short hand notes, good inside with limitation on speed and endurance during draft year)

Charlie Constable (VIC)

Best position: Inside midfield/general defender
Height, weight: 191cm, 83kg
Recruited from: Sandringham Dragons
Projected draft range: First to second round
Similar to: David Mundy
October Ranking: Not ranked
Rationale: Combination of classy ball use, contested ball-winning ability and work by hand under pressure at 191cm sees Constable earn a top 20 position on review. If Constable covered more ground on game-day and ran quicker he would be more highly rated.
Strengths:
Kicking
Kicking penetration
Vision
Decision-making under pressure
Height in traffic to see over numbers and deliver handballs to targets
Contested ball-winning
Production
Scope to play midfield or back
Weaknesses:
Endurance
Workrate
Pace
Agility

Charlie Constable (VIC)

Prototype for the modern day midfielder Constable's strength is at the stoppages which meets a need for the Blues as an extra powerful body.

Not blessed with breakaway speed but Charlie is a smooth mover over the ground, makes good decisions, has great awareness and is the kind of player and character you can rely on to get down and dirty in the contest regularly finishing juniors games with double figure clearances.

Can play off HB and HF as well and may get an opportunity as a depth general defender with Docherty likely gone for season 2018 (unless LARS.)

The kind of midfielder that I wouldn’t mind at all if he was available at selection 13, yes his speed is an issue but he seems like a player you can bank on and rely upon to carve out a good AFL career

Me too. He's a perfect fit. The injury is a bummer but I think he's worth the wait.

Beginning to lose confidence in landing daniher

Was it ever even a real possibility or was it just a manager trying to get a better deal for his client by using the Us and the media to do it ? Once the media get wind of s**t like this and run with it every man and his Dog in Melbourne has a take on it because they have heard it from a good source. :rolleyes: Me included. Not much that can be done about it purely because of the profile of the The Club and the market it is situated in but to be honest it ****ing annoying. When this s**t comes out and being just that the Club should just knock it straight on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back